No announcement yet.

MY NEW 42"OVEN BUILD.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BTW here's a video of oven insulation being installed at the Forno Bravo factory: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lq4lpzK-uFQ

Comment

• Thanks everyone for all the info on the ceramic blanket.
      Ivan

Comment

• I thought this moment would never get here. All that's left is to cut the plug and my dome is closed. I was hoping for tighter joints but once I went to 3rd bricks the spreadsheet angles were way off. Regardless í am very proud of my work as this was my first brick job. Thanks everyone for getting me here.
        Ivan.

Comment

• Hey Ivan congrats. You are almost there. It is looking great.

Randy

Comment

• Congrats! So you plugged it today?

Comment

• Originally posted by Larry P View Post
              Congrats! So you plugged it today?
              Thanks guys for the encouragement. Larry I have not plugged it yet, I plan on getting it done in the next couple days. Next gotta start on the vent and outer arch which will be another challenge.
              Ivan.

Comment

• My outer arch/vent landing almost done. Waiting on my chimney anchor plate to finalize vent opeing size. Having a flared entry is going to be beneficial but was a pain to build the outer arch. I also cut an 1" L-knotch on the bricks to rest on inner dome arch. Thanks everyone.
                Ivan

Comment

• Finally plugged the dome and entry arch is done, waiting on chimney anchor plate to build up the chimney. I had 2 heat lamps on overnight and barely reading 150°. Thanks everyone. Ivan

Comment

• Originally posted by ivancito View Post
                    Finally plugged the dome and entry arch is done, waiting on chimney anchor plate to build up the chimney. I had 2 heat lamps on overnight and barely reading 150°. Thanks everyone. Ivan
                    I covered the entry with the arch template and sealed the entry with a towel and got temp up to 250, will leave the lights on for a couple more days.
                    Ivan

Comment

• Good idea with the brackets supporting each wall with the archway - I was going to comment on that, but you addressed it! I am going to use 12" Concrete Block in to support each side.

Comment

• Thanks Yeager, your build looks great. I also plan on wrapping the the soldier course with 1/4 metal fabric at least to the full height of the soldiers and use homebrew to lock it in. I'm hoping this will act as a buttress to help support the soldier course. I will post some pics when i start the work.
                        Ivan

Comment

• Comment

• I had to add 4 corner supports for my supervent, the flange holes were too close to brick edge. I also beveled the inside face of each corner brick to help smoke transition into the supervent.

Comment

• looking real nice! what is the measurements of your vent opening? is that a duravent plate? im looking to source a plate myself, just curious.

Joe

Comment

• Joe
                                Thanks for your reply, my vent opening is 10"X10" I got the stainless steel supervent from Menards for $26. Also ordered a 36" length class A pipe.@joeykramer
                                Ivan
                                Vendor part #JSC8AP
                                Supervent 8" Adapter Plate

Comment

Working...
                                X