No announcement yet.

MY NEW 42"OVEN BUILD.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Russell, I will move my arch flush to the vertical support bricks and just move on with the build, like you said just gotta do some shaping as I go. I will keep everyone posted on my progress and thanks for all the help.
    Ivan

Comment

Big black cloud sitting over Massachusetts been raining for 3 days now and haven't had any progress on oven build. Can't wait to get going again and polish up my brick cutting skills.
      Ivan.
      Thanks Les for the quick responce, will keep battling these brick cuts and do the best í can. I'm still very proud of my build and enjoying this project.

Comment

Finally making some progress, my entry arch is mortared and 5th course is done. Next course takes me right over the arch. I'm very pleased with the build thus far.
        Thanks for everyone on this forum.
        Ivan

Comment

Good job clearing the arch. Now you can make shape adjustments and spread out over a couple courses. Looks like tapered arch went well. Take a pic and post so other builders can see how it transitions.
          Russell
          Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

Hello everyone
            Just some pics of my progress thus far. Cleared the arch and feeling relieved didn't have to deal with the dreaded droop. "Even the sun shines on a dogs ass once in a while".

Comment

My boys thinking its fortified doghouse.

Comment

It is looking great. I am glad you managed to avoid the droop. I had it on mine. It was not a real big deal, and I fixed it pretty easily. Keep up the good work. You are getting close to done with the dome.

Randy

Comment

Comment

Started my 6th course and also first brick for next course. Only had acouple hours before going off to work.
                    Hope everyones build is going well, should have more pics this weekend.
                    Ivan

Comment

• Added link to my video using my new HF brick saw to cut the compound angles on the dome bricks with no need for a jig.

Comment

• That is a good feature for new oven builders. Mine is the old style, but pricing them at HF, they are still just as affordable. Thanks for sharing .
                        Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

• Just finished my 8th course and it went very well with no issues. I did have to grind some slots into the previous bricks to help hold the next course, worked great and í recommend it to future builders. Thanks for all your help!
                          Ivan

Comment

• I believe Gianna Foccacia started the method of grinding some slots into the bricks for better adhesion. I would suggest that when you finish a course, set one brick at rear of oven on the next for an anchor to work against the next day. This is especially helpful in these upper courses. Nice looking tight and staggered inner joints.
                            Russell
                            Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

• Thanks Russell, yes Gianna Foccacia was where I had first seen it done and it really worked well. I tried to leave an anchor brick for my next course but somehow got a really bad inverted v gap so will try again tomorrow. I work night shift so im trying to work on my oven a few hours before getting ready for work. Thanks for all your help.
                              Ivan

Comment

• Can someone tell me how many rolls of 1" ceramic blanket I need for my 42"oven. I would like to have at least 3" thickness and the rolls are 50' per box.I also intend on blanketing sides of the outer arch/entryway.
                                Ivan

Comment

Working...
                                X