No announcement yet.

West jordan Ut new build.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It gets a little tougher as you go up and the bevel and angles increase. Just cut 4 or 5 pieces to verify you can make your radius without too big of gaps or overhangs and stay with it. Seems like you are moving very fast, so should have the dome enclosed in no time.

Comment

Closing in. Closing in. Gravity, Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4699.JPG
Views:	259
Size:	95.3 KB
ID:	397084Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4700.JPG
Views:	275
Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	397085Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4701.JPG
Views:	261
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	397086 You will not win!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4706.JPG
Views:	163
Size:	249.9 KB
ID:	397102Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4707.JPG
Views:	168
Size:	233.6 KB
ID:	397103 Finished courses 10,11,12,and keystone plug today Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4703.JPG Views:	1 Size:	309.2 KB ID:	397092Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4704.JPG Views:	1 Size:	96.4 KB ID:	397093Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4710.JPG Views:	1 Size:	102.1 KB ID:	397096Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4708.JPG Views:	1 Size:	78.0 KB ID:	397097
        Last edited by Roland Deschain; 04-15-2017, 12:34 PM.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4713.JPG Views:	1 Size:	95.0 KB ID:	397099Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4715.JPG Views:	1 Size:	86.9 KB ID:	397100Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4714.JPG Views:	1 Size:	93.4 KB ID:	397101
          More pictures.
          If anyone is curious, I spent 35 hours just working on the floor and dome, and a total of 56 hours starting from the cinderblock portion.
          Last edited by Roland Deschain; 04-15-2017, 01:09 PM.

Comment

Roland, looks great!

Comment

Your build looks great Roland. As you prepare the front entry of your oven, make sure to build enough volume area in your entry to the flu to allow for all of the smoke to enter. If you don't build it in a way where the smoke can gather and go up into the pipe, it will come out the front of your oven. You might already know this....so disregard, if you do. Keep it up. Cooking starts soon.
              Darin I often cook with wine, sometimes I even add it to the food... WC Fields Link to my build http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/4...-ca-20497.html My Picasa Pics https://picasaweb.google.com/1121076...eat=directlink

Comment

Thanks for the advice. I am planning on, "the more space the better", aproach on the smoke chamber. Im going to do a 8 inch double wall flue. I know people have sq inch area per flue size minimums. Ill have to search the forum first to get the min. And then build it bigger. I do not want the smoked stain front look on a build if i can help it.

Im planning on building walls around the oven. Is there a reason the fb plans call for steel studs and cement board? Is it a fire issue or something else? Im not seeing how wood is a bad thing if the oven is well insulated and the flue is away from any combustibles. Just curious.
                Last edited by Roland Deschain; 04-16-2017, 04:40 PM.

Comment

Great build!
                  hopefully I will be on the dome stage soon too.
                  Anton.

My 36" - https://community.fornobravo.com/for...t-bg-build-log

Comment

Fun stuff. Now im waiting for my chimney stuff to show up from menards. The cap is coming soon but the stuff I need like the anchor plate and pipe is on order. Hopefully soon, yet I still have to be patient. And while I wait I can look at the pretty cap. And figure out how to make the flue chamber.

Comment

I hope you have better luck than I did with my pipe - the first two shipments I got were badly dented. They were good about sending replacements though and I still have one with a big dent I need to get rid of. They would have been OK maybe if I was building an enclosure but not exposed like mine are.
                      My build thread
                      https://community.fornobravo.com/for...h-corner-build

Comment

Dang that sucks about the dents.

Comment

You might get lucky on your first try. I wasn't trying to be over critical either - if you look at my thread you can see some of the UPS handiwork.
                          My build thread

Comment

Yeah ive been reading your thread as i build. Saw the pics of the pipe.

Im debating on how to build my flue chamber. I was wondering if your inverted funnel is worth trying. Currently i will have a six by sixteen inch opening to start. And then who knows how it will end up being built to the adapter plate. I wont know until i start building in the morning.

Comment

I like to call it the serpentine (s curve) vent. I copied it because I liked the look and was able to "wrap my brain" around how to build it, unlike some of the other configurations that didn't click with me. I think that design really lends itself well to hemispherical arches, but I'd have to think about how to make it work with the flatter arch type you are using. There are quite a few ways to go, and the forum has plenty to look at. It'll be interesting to watch your build further reveal itself
                              My build thread

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4724.JPG
Views:	267
Size:	105.7 KB
ID:	397263 This a couple days ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X