No announcement yet.

36" Pompeii in Chicago

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finished the chimney brick. I casted a concrete cap and caps over the lower roofs. I also polished the countertops. I rented a wet polisher online; which the process was really easy and smooth. Second picture showing the waterfall edge I created. I was really unsure how this would turn out. Went pretty well. Just have to attach finishing wood and roof shingles and the oven portion is done! I really wanted to go with slate for the roof, but the cost was just too much at this point. maybe sometime in the future .

Comment

Looking great!!!! I agree the slate is beautiful but I also could not justify the cost.

Ricky
      My Build Pictures
      https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%...18BD00F374765D

Comment

The counter tops look great. Is it poured concrete? I did them on my oven and ground to a honed finish. They looked pretty good considering i only used a ro sander. Next time i will have to get a wet polisher. I can only imagine what a slate roof would cost. These things get out of hand expensive in a hurry anyway. Keep up the awesome work. It is turning out great.

Randy

Comment

Thanks again Ricky and Randy! Yes, it’s poured concrete for the countertops. The wet polisher was easy to use, but made a mess! I couldn’t believe how smooth they got.
          For the slate, he started at $600 for my 35 sq ft roof (not installed)! I had him down to $400, but still couldn’t do it.

Comment

Moving along. Oak trim, shingles and more brick work. Finally got to the grill portion and laid the firebrick for the grill floor. Then installed the garbage. I have to sand, stain and protect the wood; and of course lay more brick. Closing in...I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Comment

Very nice touch with making a wood fired grill. That is something I also wanted to do but ran out of room. You for sure can see the light at the end of the tunnel.
              My Build Pictures
              https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%...18BD00F374765D

Comment

So the back wall of the grill area I would like to do firebrick in a herringbone pattern. How would I adhere that to the cement block wall? I am worried that if I just adhere directly with refractory mortar that I risk them popping off with the freeze/thaw cycle. Or do I leave a gap to the back wall and use brick ties to secure to the wall? Any help would be appreciated.
                Thanks,
                Kevin

Comment

I finished the open wood grill brick work! I laid out the firebrick, then kept an air gap in behind the brick and secured with wall ties. The only thing left is the cap on top. I was going going to cast a piece of charcoal colored concrete. On an unrelated note, I finally have my garage back after 5 months of supply storage taking over that space. I burned the last pallet and it felt really good! It's the little things !

Comment

Looks great, well done.
                    My 32" oven, grill & smoker build https://community.fornobravo.com/for...oven-and-grill

Comment

I have finished the last piece to complete construction on my outdoor kitchen! Really happy the way everything turned out. I certainly could not have done this without the support of this forum and it's users. I am truly grateful! Thank you!
                      In the spring, I will look to add the Argentine Brasero Grill. I also have to continue to create a better inner door, and possibly some outer doors for the wood storage areas.

Comment

Congratulations - great looking setup and you beat the bad weather! Be sure to post some pics later in the winter, these ovens look cool with a blanket of snow
                        My build thread
                        https://community.fornobravo.com/for...h-corner-build

Comment

Originally posted by Chef_Marsh View Post
                          I have finished the last piece to complete construction on my outdoor kitchen! Really happy the way everything turned out. I certainly could not have done this without the support of this forum and it's users. I am truly grateful! Thank you!
                          In the spring, I will look to add the Argentine Brasero Grill. I also have to continue to create a better inner door, and possibly some outer doors for the wood storage areas.
                          Wow! That looks fantastic! Well done!
                          My 42" build: https://community.fornobravo.com/for...ld-new-zealand
                          My oven drawings: My oven drawings - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Comment

Congratulations! That is so impressive! What an accomplishment! Awesome.
                            ARTISTADIMATTONE Google Photo Album-https://photos.app.goo.gl/jdqojBBCZxazcJ3A9

Comment

Finally getting around to posting a picture with it covered in snow. It was a lot of snow back in February.

Comment

Looks nice. Did you clar a path and fire it up to cook something. I know i use to do that from time to time.

Randy

Comment

Working...
                                X