Originally posted by david s View Post

Sounds like it's too late now,
    i did like this at the very end Click image for larger version

Name:	D9026F82-89EE-408D-8A2E-16A6076E059B.jpeg
Views:	184
Size:	118.1 KB
ID:	433018

Comment

A small fire will help, if you can resist the temptation of overloading the oven. Many could not! The briquettes alone will work if done correctly. The first few starter fulls will have to be fully fired before placement inside the oven. As the drying advances, they can be partially fired since the draw of fresh air from the oven has been established to feed the burning coals. Once the oven gets hotter a door can be placed partially closed, the draw will still fire the coals with O2 and it will hold more of the heat in. I haven't seen the blast door concept mentioned lately. But this was mine that I used during the drying process. The temp guage helped a lot ito keep up with the progress imo.

Click image for larger version  Name:	curing 006.JPG Views:	0 Size:	561.6 KB ID:	433027
      Last edited by Gulf; 11-19-2020, 05:25 PM.
      Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Originally posted by Gulf View Post
        I found that one at Academy Sports. It's an Oklahoma Joe's Half-Time Charcoal Starter XL. Not a bad deal @ 20 bucks. I'm going to get another one next time I'm in town.
        I just ordered one online from there its $19.99 plus $5.00 shipping..I don't have one of those stores by me so I had to order it like this but $5 shipping not too bad.

Ricky
        My Build Pictures
        https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%...18BD00F374765D

Comment

Gulf ... Joe, regarding that Oklahoma fire starter ... I'm assuming you removed the handles, or at least the parts of the handle that are other than metal? Yes?? Thanks
          John

"Success can be defined as moving from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm"- Churchill

Comment

Ricky,
            That is still a good deal imo. There unreputable people reselling them on Amazon and Ebay for much more.

John,
            Yes, both the handle assemblies are easy to remove. I reinstal the side handle from time to time for use on my regular charcoal grills. My intentions were to remove the wood portions and leave the metal portions of the hanles in place. But, I haven't gotten around to that yet.
            Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Originally posted by Gulf View Post
              Ricky,
              That is still a good deal imo. There unreputable people reselling them on Amazon and Ebay for much more.

John,
              Yes, both the handle assemblies are easy to remove. I reinstal the side handle from time to time for use on my regular charcoal grills. My intentions were to remove the wood portions and leave the metal portions of the hanles in place. But, I haven't gotten around to that yet.
              Exactly...I seen them for $40 plus shipping.
              My Build Pictures
              https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%...18BD00F374765D

Comment

I honestly don’t know because vermicrete is not absorbing water as the calcium silicate boards, if the concrete hearth is flat and leveled you don’t have to worry about any water stagnation under the oven. But you can find many solutions on this forum

Comment

Working...
                X