Treehouse Pizza

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RandyJ View Post
    I finished polishing the counter tops to 800 grit this morning. I am glad to be done with that. Step. It is such a sloppy messy job and makes a huge mess of everything in the area.

On the other hand I can't believe how well they turned out considering that i simply used sack mix concrete and dye. The variety of colors is crazy and i can not wait to see it once all cleaned up and sealed.

Does anyone have a great suggestion for a sealer?

Randy
    Nice job, did you have to fill and repolish too many pinholes?
    Your stone facing looks terrific.
    Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

• Hey david ssi did not do to many rounds of filling pinholes. I am pretty happy with how it turned outas there were some really rough spots from when I poured it. The concrete set up way faster then I ever imagined it would and I wound up with a few severely rough spots. I filled those in with slurry but they are not totally smooth. I think it is close enough though and I am not going to do anything to them most likely. I am going for a bit of a rustic look and it kinda adds to that look being not perfect. If I was going for that I would have had to pay some one to do it for me and that probably would have cost half of what I spent on this project or more. Just not in the cards.

Randy

Comment

• Well wish me luck. Tomorrow is the first pizza party. I am about as ready as I can be. I have my dough made doing a cold rise in the fridge for 24hrs. I have 1 of my sauce made and melding in the fridge and I have the wood in the oven so it doesn't get soaked if it happens to storm tonight like they are claiming it might. I had basically the whole dome cleared last night so I am just going to let it rip tomorrow and try to get up to temp fairly quickly. Having the fire all built will help me here too so that I Don't have to do that once I get home from work. There will be enough other things to do. Like cut up all the toppings and get all the other things ready.

Randy

Comment

• Good luck on maiden voyage of oven number 2. You should be an old pro on cooking already.
          Russell
          Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

• You really gave it everything you had to make the deadline. Amazing work!

Hope the weather holds. Even if it doesn't, a bad day with good pizza is better than just about any other day without!

Enjoy the party. You earned it!
            My Build: 42" Corner Build in the Shadow of Mount Nittany

Comment

Working...
            X