Aussie Mobile base oven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Aussie Mobile base oven

Hi All i got the chimney ok and the pergola frame is up will post pics when i can.
    cheers and happy Christmas to you all

Comment

Happy new year to all. Had a great Boxing day started with pizza for the poor blokes i conned to help put the pergola up made 2 round bread loafs plus 2 forrcatcia breads
      i was pretty impressed i must say. I closed the oven with the coals still burning that
      night,When i opened up 7am Saturday morning the temp was 210c so i through some scone dough together and put them in,WOW the puffiest scone we have ever seen the oven has surpassed all our expectations as the best thing to have in your back yard for cooking sure beats those $6000.00 bbqs hands down.

Comment

Aussie Mobile base oven home at last

G'day all my oven is finally home under my new carport all went great,we fired it up lastnight and cooked chicken and veg,foccacia and choc brownies, i closed up with her full of coals last night so upon opening this morning i had 210c.so in went a large batch of scones great!
        here are some pics.
        thanks again to you all for inspiring me to make the best backyard project
        anyone can build with basic tools and know how.The only problem is every bugger who sees the oven wants me to help them build one i will be busy.

cheers Peter

Comment

Hi all i have made a web album here is the link. Picasa Web Albums - Cookie - cookies wood ...
          cheers peter

Comment

Looks great! You used common house bricks by the look of it, how are they standing up to the heat? I am half way though a build and I am using solid reds for the oven.It sounds like they heat up well and also hold the heat well.

Comment

Hi mate yep the ovens holding up fine,I used bendigo pressed reds they are holding up well
              no big cracks or anything.It holds heat great if closing up at 220c 8 hrs overnight its still
              200c,we i make scones for breeky great,then slow roast a nice piece of pork for lunch or dinner.You get a hole weekend of cooking from one good firing.
              Good luck with your project any questions just post it go's to my email alerts
              cheers peter

Comment

That is what I wanted to hear! I am 1 course away from closing the dome and so far it is looing good but Istill have to finish the entry arch. I will post some pics when I finish working in daylight and have time to take some.

Comment

Hi Peter
                  I love your build! I am hoping to do something similar to you and build my oven on a steel stand to be moved by a forklift. I noticed that it seems you left out the structural concrete layer and just poured vermiculite concrete straight on to the steel plate. Is that what is on top of your stand? Just a sheet of mild steel? Did you do anything to fix the vermiculite concrete slab/oven to the stand or is it just sitting on top? Have you had any problems with the steel stand/slab not being rigid enough, or any cracks from the different expansion of concrete and steel. Thanks for any answers you can give!
                  joe

Comment

G"day Joe on my base i placed 8mm cement sheeting over the steel bracing.
                    all has worked fine only hair line cracks in the mortar joints internally we had pizza for lunch today as the kids had no school, cant beat it mate good luck with your build. Peter

Comment

Thanks Peter! Don't rub it in about the pizza, I can't wait to get cooking myself!
                      joe

Comment

Working...
                      X