Gus's Corner - Timo's Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gus's Corner - Timo's Build

Well, I believe this should just about do it for the build thread, unless some unexpected things pop up.

At the big neighborhood party everybody made a pizza, and some three or four! Here is the last picture that pretty much sums it all up: I was tired and covered with flour, but in the end, myself, and all the neighbors walked away full, and with an experience that will last for some time Some neighbors still think I am a bit crazy for making this is suburbia, but it's all good Timo

My Build Thread

Comment

How beautiful, Timo!
      I can't wait (I feel like I've used that expression way too much on here!) to treat my neighbors! Well, many of them, anyway. It's an object of curiosity around here, the building of it.
      I have pretty big pizza parties using my regular ovens and I usually do abuot 30 pizzas. One time, after I discovered pizza on the grill we had a huge pizza party in the middle of October. We had so many birthdays of family and friends and it got crazy! It was dark and everyone was sitting around a small bonfire, and we had this assembly line of pizza going.
      Then, for my parents 50th anniversary we did it on a much larger scale with a tent and three grills going. So this WFO must be my destiny! ha ha.
      I'm only thinking I should have made it bigger!
      Ok, well, congratulations on the completion of your build - it must be such a great feeling of accomplishment!

Cecelia

Comment

Here's a little video of the oven build. It sums up all the work and needed steps. So, this way when someone asks about how I did this, or that, I just say, "It's all covered in the video."

I thought it would be nice to post this during the winter freeze period here in Illinois about this time. So, cold! The video is called MY OVEN JOURNEY Thanks again Forno Bravo! Enjoy!

Oven Journey Movie
        Last edited by timo; 02-09-2013, 07:23 AM.
        My Build Thread

Comment

I down loaded your movie I really like your chimney. Thanks for sharing.

Rod
          I would have a shot at the answer, if I had the appropriate question.

Comment

timo, thanks for posting your video, great job! Love the music and your sense of humor shows through.

Tom

P.S. Sorry about your dog.
            Member WFOAMBA Wood Fired Oven Amatueur Masons Builders America

Comment

excellent video! I really enjoyed reading this whole thread. Thanks!
              my own Quest for Fire:
              http://www.flickr.com/photos/leckig/

Comment

This is just an update of my oven. Since the stucco fell off over winter I re-stuccoed the walls. After keeping it damp, for 4-5 days, then letting it cure for a month, I painted it with a masonry paint. Still crossing my fingers for this winter, but really for the first time I am cooking in a dry oven. Here I am at another neighborhood pizza party.
                My Build Thread

Comment

why did it fell off? any idea?
                  my own Quest for Fire:

Comment

The reason it fell off over winter was ignorance in my part in not mixing the stucco correctly. After getting thew mix right, letting it cure, and then painting, the only problemthe I have with water now is some of the paint bubbled and cracked.

I think the only way to keep the water off of it, it to keep the water off it in the first place. I was kicking around the idea of making a custom fitted tarp, like for a grill that would anchor down. Have to wait and see what comes of it.
                    My Build Thread

Comment

Just to keep a running record... A dry oven is a happy oven. Baked the best bread ever because I've been tossing a tarp over it when cooled down and the rain doesn't get in.

Next mission, work on pavilion over oven.
                      My Build Thread

Comment

I used some waterproof masonry paint last year, the oven survived last winter no problem at all. I can give you the name of the paint if you need.
                        my own Quest for Fire:

Comment

Well, I knew the only way to make my oven more useful was to keep the weather off of it. Thus, the pavilion over the oven which is almost done. Had to work with the permit department closely, but all turned out well.

Last summer we had a thunder storm with 80mph gusts blow through the backyard and in the aftermath my temporary easy up in a twisted ball. Now it's a permanent solid structure!

My Build Thread

Comment

Timo,
                            Great job on the oven and the pavillion. That ought to keep it dry and still show case that fine oven. Also, be careful, I see visions of lighting, a sound system, and a flat screen built into that structure .
                            Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Another reason for a pavilion. Snow on roof, but not oven. So much easier and better using the oven.
                              My Build Thread

Comment

That's so cool. Great job on the freestanding patio roof around the wfo. I'm sure it makes the oven A LOT more usable, especially on these late winter/early spring storms we're getting.
                                "Life is a banquet and most poor sons-of-bitches are starving to death." -Auntie Mame

View My Picasa Web Album UPDATED oct
                                http://picasaweb.google.com/Dino747?feat=directlink

My Oven Costs Spreadsheet
                                http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?k...BF19875Rnp84Uw

My Oven Thread
                                http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/d...arts-5883.html

Comment

Working...
                                X