Clear All

Re: John's 42inch Aussie WFO

Hey John, thank i appreciate it...
    here is a link that should work,,

Markhttp://www.fornobravo.com/forum/memb...beginning.html

Comment

Hi mate

Excellent work with the bricks. I am about a week away from starting to layout firebricks for the cooking floor. Am following and watching you closely!!

Michael.
      Whatever you do, do it with a glass of red.

Comment

Hi Michael.

I assume you are going with the 42inch as well?

What are you using for insulation under your cooking floor?

regards

John
        John

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/j...-wfo-7911.html

The difference between a successful person and others is not the lack of strength, nor the lack of knowledge… but rather, the lack of will power.

Comment

It's been a week or so since I worked on the oven but managed to complete the 3rd ring.

The template for the Brick arch has also been completed and ready to go.

I ended up cutting 9 bricks for the arch which have all been tapered and allow about 8mm mortar line

Before I set these in place I am trying to come up with a cleaner internal transition to the arch.
          Last edited by John K; 11-07-2009, 05:59 AM.
          John

The difference between a successful person and others is not the lack of strength, nor the lack of knowledge… but rather, the lack of will power.

Comment

Nice....Can anyone help me please....I finished my WFO and have lots and lots of really goo pictures but the file sizes are GREATER than the 1.04 meg that are allowed...I cant load only but the first two. I have some good shots and recommendations but I cant load. Any recommendations or am I doing something wrong???

Comment

Looking really good. Good luck with the transition to arch. That's the hard part in my opinion.
              Joe

Member WFOAMBA Wood Fired Oven Amatueur Masons Builders America

My thread: http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/j...oven-8181.html

Comment

Heya John,

I think I am using the same as you for insulation. They're called isolite insulation bricks. I'll use about 50 of them. They measure 230 x 115 x 75. (same as the firebrick). I got them from field furnace refractories in wetherill park. About $3.30 per brick?

I haven't done any work on the oven this week... been far too busy with my real actual job!! October / November is my silly season. But.... I have my firebricks being delivered tonight. Will start tomorrow.

cheers

M

Comment

Mike,

If you are using FFR in Sydney ask them if they have any of the 63mm thick insulation bricks left. These were left over and not required for a Tomago Aluminium order and they were selling them off at on $1.80 each. They are 63mm thick but a higher insulation value than the isolite insulation bricks so you end up with the same insulation value. I bought 60 bricks for my 1m dia oven and I have 4 left over.

Paul
                  Paul

Deficio est nusquam tamen vicis ut satus iterum
                  (Failure is nothing but the opportunity to start again)

Comment

Originally posted by bigred View Post
                    Nice....Can anyone help me please....I finished my WFO and have lots and lots of really goo pictures but the file sizes are GREATER than the 1.04 meg that are allowed...I cant load only but the first two. I have some good shots and recommendations but I cant load. Any recommendations or am I doing something wrong???
                    Hi Bigred,

Would love to see your pics!!

I have been opening my pics in my printers software and reducing the size of the image to 800x600 approx. I can get 5 images uploaded comfortably at around 200-250KB each.

Hope it works
                    John

Comment

• Re: John's 42inch Aussie WFO

Originally posted by MikeyMann View Post
                      Heya John,

I think I am using the same as you for insulation. They're called isolite insulation bricks. I'll use about 50 of them. They measure 230 x 115 x 75. (same as the firebrick). I got them from field furnace refractories in wetherill park. About $3.30 per brick?

I haven't done any work on the oven this week... been far too busy with my real actual job!! October / November is my silly season. But.... I have my firebricks being delivered tonight. Will start tomorrow.

cheers

M
                      Hi Michael

I did not use the standard Insulation bricks either. I was lucky enough to be given a better quality rating up to 1300c. They come in packs of 10 and are in a blue box branded Morgans.

They still cost $3.30 but are higher rated.

Paul's idea is also good. If you can save $1.50 a brick your already ahead.

Ps I used around 65-70 Insulation bricks on a 42 inch WFO
                      John

Comment

Hi all

Its been a while since I touched the oven and am hopeing to put a few hours in over the weekend

I have a quick question

Does anyone know how many full bricks are required to completed the dome after ring 4. Ie soldiers + 4 rings.

I have 3 weeks off in Dec/Jan and want to ensure I have enough bricks to close off the dome as I am unsure if the supplier is open over this period

cheers
                        John

Comment

Hi John,

I bought about 185 bricks to build the entire oven. I used about 32-33 for the floor, and about 35 for the first soldier course. I would imagine I would use 17 bricks for the first course, and less for each subsequent course.

If you give Lee a call at field furnace he should know the maths. He builds far too many of them!!

cheers

M

Comment

Hi John,
                            What size firebrick are you using "down Under" I used a few over 200 pieces for my total build. american size 2.5 x 4.5 x 9 inch... 42 inch oven

Cheers
                            Mark

Comment

I used about 240 in my 42 inch oven, including the dozen or so that I wasted. That includes the bricks in my "double wide" entry arch.
                              Joe

Member WFOAMBA Wood Fired Oven Amatueur Masons Builders America

My thread: http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/j...oven-8181.html

Comment

240 full bricks? or 240 half bricks?
                                -------------------------------------------
                                My 2nd Build:
                                Is here

Comment

Working...
                                X