Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My indispensible tool (a variation on a FB theme)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If the offer to make one of the tools is still out there I’d pay for sure!!

Comment

• Nathan, there are quite a few no-weld easy to build designs in the forum. I highly suggest doing some research and finding a design that you are comfortable making. Building a WFO isn't all masonry - you will most likely be doing some carpentry and even some metal work, so building your own IT is the best way to start the journey. I would highly suggest using the "wooden brick" approach that I copied to attach your IT. I pasted a link to the part of my thread where I was figuring out how to build mine.
      I've been working on my oven for a little while and have been debating starting a build thread, as I probably won't have much to add in terms of artistry or inventiveness over the excellent work already posted on this forum. That said, I thought I would share what I have done and hopefully continue to get
      My build thread
      https://community.fornobravo.com/for...h-corner-build

Comment

• Good day all,

Can someone explain the attachment of the clamp with more detail I'm not getting how it is attached. I welded a 3/8 nut centered on a Simpson Strong-Tie # A24 this should be good the first couple of course's but as I get higher I would like to incorporate the clamp or to a strong tie as a separate attachment. The instructions are great for getting started and I know it must slide in groves but not a lot of real-estate to work with. Wish the instructions had more detail on that portion, thanks for any help you all can give me on this.

This is what I got so far. My IT I used some shelf hangers I had laying around with a 3/8 nut welded inside for the round stock to ride, I tacked them together and cut at 17.5" it can be adjusted a couple inches either way. I had some shrink wrap so I used it to keep it easy to clean.

Comment

Working...
        X