Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: new build in werribee

Originally posted by oasiscdm View Post
    and the conclusion to the end of the dome. Curing blanket layed, God shining down from above pic 4. All that's left is the render purchased this today 10 bags not expecting it to be enough but will get it close.

looking at 50mm of render based on most recommendations,
    Click image for larger version

Name:	40735d1387018550-new-build-werribee-imag1345.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	1.33 MB
ID:	302914
    Look like you have God's Blessing, you must be doing things right.
    Keep up the good work.
    Respectfully,

KB

My build
    Oven Pics (album under construction)

Comment

Originally posted by kbartman View Post
      [ATTACH]40740[/ATTACH]
      Look like you have God's Blessing, you must be doing things right.
      Keep up the good work.
      It is so hot and humid here now that I think the sun must be coming from Satan. I can only work from dawn (5am) until around 9am, then retire into the aircon until 5 pm and get a bit more done until dark. In the afternoon we pray for the sun to go down .I don't know how guys labouring all day can handle it. Really looking forward to skiing in Japan the first two weeks of Jan.
      Last edited by david s; 12-14-2013, 04:02 PM.
      Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer View Post
        Oasis, what's the advantage to a curing device over burning wood?
        No large flames, allows oven to heat evenly. a slow and steady cure might minimise cracking. When I took off plastic it was drenched and stream then came off the oven.

Will heat with curing device for another day Tuesday will get done heat into the floor with heat beads, then maybe wood on Thursday. Away next weekend so won't be able to fire it up until Sunday.
        Last edited by oasiscdm; 12-16-2013, 03:57 PM.
        Cheers Colin

My Build - Index to Major Build Stages

Comment

just got some temps
          the back of hebel 195c front 75c
          Floor 250c
          1st course 200c at the side 230c at the back
          half way up 300c at side 300c at back
          top 374c

Thermocouple 10 from brick face 250c
          Thermocouple 10mm from back 170c

Curing device gets temp up there.
          Last edited by oasiscdm; 12-15-2013, 01:54 AM.
          Cheers Colin

Comment

Well I have got the insulation blanket on and the chook wire. Fired oven with 4 rings of curing device, whilst doing it. What I didn't notice was that temperature increased gradually over the day reaching the temps I put up earlier but the top of the dome cleared and the yin and yang appeared. damn I missed it.

I also put a third layer of Insulation blanket at the top of the dome and one strip around the bottom of the dome. Thought it would help prevent heat loss plus had some spare left over blanket.

Dropped temp back to 3 burners felt I was over doing it.

Made some modifications to the curing device [thanks David] after going to a plumber mates place [see previous post]

So I guess the hard work is completed.

Only the Render and front decorative arch to go but both can wait until after Xmas. Concentrating now on getting the water out of the oven. As I wont have next weekend to crank it up.

Oh I took temperature at the bottom of the Hebel in stand it was around 38c
            Last edited by oasiscdm; 12-15-2013, 02:07 AM.
            Cheers Colin

Comment

Good work Colin, its coming along nicely.

Cheers,

Steve

Comment

Thanks Steve

Curing as we speak. Finishing touches will have to wait until after Xmas.
                Cheers Colin

Comment

Colin
                  Nice work on cf blanket, really is nasty stuff huh. Your cure is coming along nice should be able to cook something soon with residual heat.
                  Russell
                  Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

Thanks russell. I rugged up but am still itchy. Found the chook wire worse am cut to buggery and beyond. Was amazed when dome cleared with curing device. How's this I had 8 heat beads just sitting in there and went out last night and they had ignited , no direct flame, cool.
                    Cheers Colin

Comment

My nice neat clean and pretty oven is all dirty and black
                      Cheers Colin

Comment

My nice neat clean and pretty oven is all dirty and black
                        Black is beautiful. Can't wait to see your keystone cleared, go easy though.
                        Respectfully,

KB

My build
                        Oven Pics (album under construction)

Comment

No large flames, allows oven to heat evenly. a slow and steady cure might minimise cracking. When I took off plastic it was drenched and stream then came off the oven.

Well heat with cutting device for another day Tuesday will get done heat into the floor with heat beads, then maybe wood on Thursday. Away next weekend so won't be able to fire it up until Sunday.
                          Wonderful but I can't help but wonder where one gets such a thing. Even if I was back in the US, where to go to buy? Is there a 'WFO Curing Devices R Us' store on every corner down under?

It looks like a great oven! I'm sure you'll have many a pizza party with it Oasis. :b:

Comment

Hey kb going slow heat beads tonight, maybe tomorrow, then wood. Been firing oven since Thursday I think. Had the curing device get temp up too clearing temps to off oven
                            Cheers Colin

Comment

I have sent SWMBO out today to get another box of heat beads toss them in bag and all when I get home. I chucked 3 bags in last night when I got back from the men's group I facilitate [about 11pm].

The oven was around 180c when I got home at 11pm without heat from around midday.

I threw 2 bags in this morning. Then will toss 2-4 in tonight. Maybe a little wood before I go to bed.

I also erected a cover over the oven [also at 11pm] so I can keep the plastic off it [found it saturates the blanket with condensation]. Made it so I can take it up and down easily [rope pullies] as we are in for 3 hot days coming up. And I also made a shovel with long handle another $6 bunnings special.

I will put the plastic over the oven tonight when I get home leave it for a while check for condensation.

This hopefully will dry up the blanket. My aim is to keep it around that 300 - 350c mark for a number of days before I go away this weekend overnight [damn could have had a practice run at a chicken or something].
                              Last edited by oasiscdm; 12-16-2013, 03:47 PM.
                              Cheers Colin

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer View Post
                                Wonderful but I can't help but wonder where one gets such a thing. Even if I was back in the US, where to go to buy? Is there a 'WFO Curing Devices R Us' store on every corner down under?

It looks like a great oven! I'm sure you'll have many a pizza party with it Oasis. :b:
                                Thanks Lancer for the compliments. Re curing device I just purchased it online, a place here in Melbourne had it going for very reasonable price.

You can get them from China/Hong Kong if you can get the propane/LPG. Can you get this where you are?
                                Cheers Colin

Comment

Working...
                                X