new build in werribee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: new build in werribee

Ok thanks guys. Lit fire at 12pm cleared at 1.30pm top of dome 650c half way up wall 520c hearth 415c and rising.

Smaller wood, more of it oven even cleared consistently.

This was taken the other night Son bought back a chefs hat and apron from Paris. Look like a dork and I don't think the color is appropriate.
    Last edited by oasiscdm; 12-30-2013, 10:48 PM.
    Cheers Colin

My Build - Index to Major Build Stages

Comment

Good outcome Colin. If looking like a dork was an issue then half of the population is in trouble, including me.

That is a problem for others!
      Cheers ......... Steve

Build Thread http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f3/n...erg-19151.html

Build Pics http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...1&l=1626b3f4f4

Forno Food Pics https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=1d5ce2a275

Comment

Now. That is interesting, I am a mental health counselor/coach. And to be honest I don't care but can take the piss out off myself. Nice one Steve
        Cheers Colin

Comment

ooohh lala..........after pizza you can switch to french baguettes!! Oven looks like it is curing well. Nice to see the yin/yang everytime you clear the dome.
          Russell
          Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

Yep curing well. No baguettes for Colin have lost 13kg, Still not sure whether to vent top of dome with render layer.

The beauty of my yin and yang symbol is watching it magically reappear.

Lost my temp door turned to ash even with the layers of foil. Never mind got a new temp door
            hebel and calsil scraps.

The real door still in the building.....
            Cheers Colin

Comment

Hi guys and happy New year. Got the temp up last night and as I write this the oven is still maintaining a temp of 325c cooked a few things today but oven is a bit hot. External surface temp of blanket never got above 45c. With inside temps teaching well over 600c in spots.

I would like to thank all those that have helped me with my build your assistance had been more than invaluable. I would like to especially thank, Doug, John, Dave, David, Russell, Dennis, sharkey, kb,. Thanks to you all for your time observations, skills and knowledge.
              Last edited by oasiscdm; 01-01-2014, 04:12 AM.
              Cheers Colin

Comment

Colin,

Happy New Years to you too. I am not sure a pizza oven is good for your figure. I am always on a "seefood" diet, I see it I eat it...........
                Russell
                Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

Hi Russell

Simple solution to the weight issue. I have cooked in the oven everyday since Xmas. All on two firings. Whatever I eat had to fit on a butter plate. Only exception was Xmas day and new years eve. But even then I ate not that much more. Lost 12 kg before xmas and am still around the 11kg loss. So all in all doing ok. Freezer is full though.

Tonight I cooked kleftico, now that dish is too die for. Couldn't believe cooking it at 350c for 4 hours, would work when I saw this on tv. It simply melted on your mouth. Was dry in parts next time I will seal the pan more thoroughly and add just a tad more water.

Sorry no photos was starving and it smelt like it wanted to be eaten
                  Cheers Colin

Comment

Originally posted by oasiscdm View Post

I would like to thank all those that have helped me with my build your assistance had been more than invaluable. I would like to especially thank, Doug, John, Dave, David, Russell, Dennis, sharkey, kb,. Thanks to you all for your time observations, skills and knowledge.

Your build is one of the superb well thought out creations of this forum and deserves a mention as one of the treasure troves after your completion.

Thanks for saying thanks, although I feel that there are many more skilled then I and deserve my thanks also. Thanks again.

This was taken the other night Son bought back a chefs hat and apron from Paris. Look like a dork and I don't think the color is appropriate.
                    Nice hat and apron. I also received a chefs hat, less the colors from my buddy for Christmas. What's the point if we can't have fun cooking in our WFO with our dorky hats. That what its all about.
                    Respectfully,

KB

My build
                    Oven Pics (album under construction)

Comment

Thanks for that KB.

However like you have found the cooking aspect more fun. Been working on the door of and on. Not worried about render off some yet Planning that for Australias day weekend off off course I'm not cooking

door will be fully isolated, SS as I Am adapting dino plans.

To hold heat door will be 5" thick. Some say to big but it will be very well balanced. 3 layers of SS, sandwiching 50mm calsil and 75mm hebel. Have come up with a unique design so I can pull it apart and experiment with different types insulation [based on Dino's drawings with some modifications]. Will post photos when it's done.

Thanks again KB for compliment.

Crack report...

So far not cracks any where and have used it everyday since xmas
                      Last edited by oasiscdm; 01-04-2014, 04:44 AM.
                      Cheers Colin

Comment

Thanks for that KB.

However like you have found the cooking aspect more fun. Been working on the door of and on. Not worried about render off some yet Planning that for Australias day weekend off off course I'm not cooking

door will be fully isolated, SS as I Am adapting dino plans.

To hold heat door will be 5" thick. Some say to big but it will be very well balanced. 3 layers of SS, 50mm calsil and 75mm hebel. Have come up with a unique design do I can pull it apart and experiment. Will post photos when it s done.

Thanks again KB for compliment.

Crack report...

So far not cracks any where and have used it everyday since Christmas

Australias day weekend off off course??????

Can't wait to see the photos of your door. I will have to take a look at Dino's, I haven't found a design that suits my fancy yet. Well insulated for me as well. My doors are a long way off, must finish the stucco and counters first. I can get by with my temporary for now.
                        Respectfully,

KB

My build
                        Oven Pics (album under construction)

Comment

Originally posted by kbartman View Post
                          Australias day weekend off off course??????

Hi KB

Australia day is a public holiday over here so a long weekend. Will do render then.
                          Cheers Colin

Comment

Was looking at Brissie thread and noticed he tried a sour dough pizza [nice one Brissie].

Has anyone mastered a wholemeal pizza base and if so what flour was used?

I was thinking of using Atta wholemeal flour but am looking for alternatives that others have tried. I actually prefer wholemeal bases but have never actually attempted it. Used to have a local pizza shop that would had these on his menu.
                            Cheers Colin

Comment

Was looking at Brissie thread and noticed he tried a sour dough pizza [nice one Brissie].

I was thinking of using Atta wholemeal flour but am looking for alternatives that others have tried. I actually prefer wholemeal bases but have never actually attempted it. Used to have a local pizza shop that would had these on his menu.
                              Cheers Colin

Comment

The streets flue experiment did not work. Pizza looked great cooked will but was soft and not crispy.. made dough the same way as normal dough that works well.

Any ideas?
                                Last edited by oasiscdm; 01-11-2014, 03:12 PM.
                                Cheers Colin

Comment

Working...
                                X