Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lancer's Philippine Build, Close to Australia Anyhoo...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Lancer's Philippine Build, Close to Australia Anyhoo...

The person who wanted to rent the mixer and hire Sho just cancelled so work will resume tomorrow.

Comment

We're at it again. Sho is setting bricks and I'm staring wondrously (oh thank you spell checker) at the brick door and the to be built onion dome and trying to figure the transition. I know that no one has ever transitioned between the door of a pizza oven and an onion dome so its kinda lonely. Thankfully we're still playing with the brick dome so I have a while to think about it.

Comment

If you pointed that oven opening to the ocean you could use it as a light house for passing ships.
        Cheers Colin

My Build - Index to Major Build Stages

Comment

We could cut the posts, get a bunch of guys and turn it.

Its only a ton or two heavier than when we took this...

The door faces into the property so the folks can watch the goings on. After 7 PM with the fire flickering, the warm red glow as pizzas slide in and out...you guys have it made I must say!

Last edited by Lancer; 02-24-2014, 11:00 PM.

Comment

G'day
            I'm eyeing off all that form work timbers that I've seen in various pics.... That's got to burn well
            Regar
            Measure twice
            Cut once
            Fit in position with largest hammer

My Build
            http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f51/...ild-14444.html
            My Door
            http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f28/...ock-17190.html

Comment

Most of it is already burned for cooking fires Cobbler but what's left will go to good use.

Put in the first og 3 Roman arches today. Tomorrow the second will go in quickly I think as its the same as the first. Then on Monday the 3rd which is longer by 8" will go in.

The last arch will be in the onion and won't be Roman.

Plus, I'm thinking of something original but I don't want to say anything yet. I'm not even sure it will work. It will be a surprise for you guys, my amigos who have helped so much.
              Last edited by Lancer; 02-27-2014, 06:53 AM.

Comment

Pics up to Friday...

Form takes shape. We were able to use the plywood from the floor pour form.

This is the pumice which provides support to the weak point and insulates as well. More will go in later.

Ready for brick...as you can see the floor brick now goes out the door.

Comment

Starting to look like something.

Squared off, getting ready for chimney.

Say Hi! Sho...

Comment

That's as far as we got, but here's some more pics...

From the bar...

From the bridge...

Comment

Ship at the Limestone corp dock this morning.

That's it!

Comment

G'day lancer
                        Interesting photos. Im interested in the flat brick wall section. It appears that you have an arch in the front then that flat wall, and an arch at the rear of that wall that will marry into the dome proper. The purpose of the flat wall? Possible to marry into the onion shape of the outer cover?
                        I suppose all will be reviled as it goes together
                        Regards dave
                        Measure twice
                        Cut once

My Build
                        My Door

Comment

I'm interested to see how it comes out too mate. Remember there's one more brick arch to come.

Comment

Gudday Lancer
                            I'm sure Sho is the man to pull it of too. He's very good at what he does
                            Regards dave
                            Measure twice
                            Cut once

My Build
                            My Door

Comment

A talented man. :b:

Btw the last arch will span between the outside walls you mentioned. The onion dome wall will run right up to the other side of those outer brick walls, just like you said. So one side receives the arch and the other the onion dome. That will also be the location of the medieval obtuse pointed arch which will open the onion dome for the door.

Tell you the surprise, never was good at keeping them anyway.

Within the obtuse arch and above the arch between the bricks and next to the chimney I should have room for two small bread ovens and above that a place to keep pizzas warm, like a slot. Should be warm enough to heat the pizza but not so hot that I can't just pour the slot which should span 2 feet for the big pizzas.

So, fresh bread baked by the chimney heat with a door to regulate temps and a pizza warmer.

That's the plan anyway. The bread ovens should be long and narrow, right size for baguette.

Comment

Lancer,
                                From the look of your photos it appears that there is no reveal or rebate for an oven door. This is likely to make sealing the oven with a door difficult and reduce the heat holding capacity for retained heat cooking. Have you considered how you are going to construct and seal your door?
                                Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Working...
                                X