• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Liteceeper
    replied
    Re: New pre-cut kit build in Adelaide

Originally posted by oasiscdm View Post
    Hey liteceeper

Nice very nice.let the fun let the fun begin. Only one comment. I know it'sway to late now.
    Looking at side and rear photos. I possibly would have given yourself access to the back of the base, so you can easily gain access to the rear being a corner build makes it quite deep.

Just a thought for others to consider.
    Fun times ahead Plastic & formwork comes off Saturday.

I did under estimate the size of the stand, its big, you are correct an entrance at the back would allow easy stacking of wood etc. but my idea was to build as bullet proof a stand as possible. Could use it as a storm shelter or air raid shelter

Slightly of topic, the height should reduce as a timber deck is to go over foundation slab, my design height is 1150mm to cooking floor, I'm 6' 4" so hopefully workable. Any thoughts?

Leave a comment:

• oasiscdm
    replied

Hey liteceeper

Nice very nice.let the fun let the fun begin. Only one comment. I know it'sway to late now.
    Looking at side and rear photos. I possibly would have given yourself access to the back of the base, so you can easily gain access to the rear being a corner build makes it quite deep.

Just a thought for others to consider.

Leave a comment:

• Liteceeper
    replied

Originally posted by stonecutter View Post
    Good idea to put an isolation membrane under the starter course. Your base looks great too.
    Thanks stonecutter I got the idea from a post of yours from another thread. Its the great advice from yourself and others who have gone before which make this forum such a helpful resource.

I set the formwork back to allow for face bricks to cover slab, I taped the ply and membrane to formwork to stop bleed water from concrete pour staining brickwork.

All went well as per last photos, no leaks, no mess very happy.

Attached photo shows the look I'm trying to achieve.

Leave a comment:

• stonecutter
    replied

Good idea to put an isolation membrane under the starter course. Your base looks great too.

Leave a comment:

• Liteceeper
    replied

Originally posted by UtahBeehiver View Post
    Nice start on the base
    Litekeeper

Base looks brilliant, you should be wrapped looks like you've been laying bricks for years.

Looking forward to the rest of your build
    Originally posted by Greenman View Post
    You have made a great start with the base and form for the hearth. Will follow your build with interest. The corner build configuration is attractive.
    Thanks All
    Enjoying the build can't wait to start on oven.
    Son & Brother-in-law helped with slab on Saturday, all went well, now covered with plastic film to let it cure for a week or so.
    Will continue on brickwork for BBQ as it cures otherwise I will be tempted to start oven.

Leave a comment:

• Greenman
    replied

You have made a great start with the base and form for the hearth. Will follow your build with interest. The corner build configuration is attractive.

Leave a comment:

• oasiscdm
    replied

Litekeeper

Base looks brilliant, you should be wrapped looks like you've been laying bricks for years.

Looking forward to the rest of your build

Leave a comment:

• UtahBeehiver
    replied

Nice start on the base

Leave a comment:

• Liteceeper
    replied

Completed brick work for stand.
    Starting on slab today, hopefully will pour on Sunday.

Leave a comment:

• oasiscdm
    replied

Look s good liteceeper. That's part of the reason I used hebel, you achieve more quicker.
    But that brick work is pretty good. Be hoping even brickey, would be happy with it.

Leave a comment:

• Liteceeper
    replied

Know how you feel just back from Dr third viral infection in 8 weeks.. Tried to do a couple of things gave up. Plug will have to wait until i'm feeling better
    Hope you are feeling better Colin, I've got over winter flu's and have a weeks leave off work, so I have got about half of the brick stand built.
    I must admit it's harder yakka than I thought laying bricks (sore back).
    Hope to finish by weekend and start boarding up for a concrete pour the following week.

Leave a comment:

• oasiscdm
    replied

Know how you feel just back from Dr third viral infection in 8 weeks.. Tried to do a couple of things gave up. Plug will have to wait until i'm feeling better
    Last edited by oasiscdm; 08-27-2013, 05:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Liteceeper
    replied

Hi All

Been crook with winter cold & sinus issues, started brick stand today. With spring here next week hoping to get a hurry on.

Leave a comment:

• CrocAu
    replied

you don't want to heatup concrete slab just take your time with drying the floor
    just take it slow and watch underslab temperatures, if they still going up (this takes hours btw) don't go bigger with fires

Leave a comment:

• Liteceeper
    replied

Originally posted by CrocAu View Post
    If you look around it did happen before, one of threads had same signs as in wet insulation under floor and underside of slab getting quite warm.
    I can't remember if I mention but during last fire water forced out and made wet patch where the cracks are.
    Slab itself must be very strong as it didn't let the cracks travel all the way across, maybe even extra rebar around outer edges could stop it, who knows but too late for me
    All cracks close up a lot after temperature drops so I feel very confident that it is cosmetic issue only, if whole thing had serious problem there is no way it would pull itself back like this
    Hi CrocAu

I posted on you build today, trying to learn from your slab cracking issues, once I get around to pouring my slab and let it cure for a week or two, I have a jetfire gas heater used to heat workshop could I point that at underside of slab to get some heat in driving out moisture whilst building dome ( keep me warm too)?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X