Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New pre-cut kit build in Adelaide

Originally posted by brickie in oz View Post
    Ive never seen this kit before but I must say what a world class kit it seems to be.

How much i$ the kit?

Please, rotate your pics, Ive got a crick in my neck.....
    G'day Brickie
    Yes the kit so far has exceeded my expectations, it also contains refractory mortar & cast-able mortar, calsil boards, perlite, ceramic fibre blanket and a pre-cast flue gallery. Ben threw in the door as a special.

Best have a Capt Cook at the website and give Ben a call on pricing.

Melbourne Fire Bricks & Refractory Products For Wood Fired Pizza Ovens

P.S. Sorry about the photos still have my L-plates on forum.
    Last edited by Liteceeper; 08-07-2013, 05:04 AM.
    Liteceeper
    ~~~~~~~
    My Build - http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f51/...ide-19729.html
    My Door - http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/9/sh...tml#post170496

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Guys

His website does not have the pre cut kits on it. Only the kit components that you need to cut.

Bens build on this site was 'bens brick oven in berwick' if you are interested.

I think he was talking around 2000 for pre cut kit I have his price list somewhere. Don't quote me though.

Liteceeper I like the new layout looks great then oven this way has opened the whole area and will be much easier to use.
      Cheers Colin

My Build - Index to Major Build Stages

Comment

yes you going to find that his website needs a update, he is great one stop shop for any type of project, if you want kit you have options of precut where there is very little cutting involved and I myself didn't have to cut any bricks at all, or you can get cheaper option where you have to cut it all by yourself but considering the prices being very fair it was easy choice for me for simple reason that it saves you a lot of time and mess and you still going to have to put a lot of time in to building it all he just gives you options to make your life little bit easier.
        and if you want whole different type of oven you can just buy bricks, mortar, cal-sil boards, etc...

Comment

Originally posted by oasiscdm View Post
          Guys

His website does not have the pre cut kits on it. Only the kit components that you need to cut.

Bens build on this site was 'bens brick oven in berwick' if you are interested.

I think he was talking around 2000 for pre cut kit I have his price list somewhere. Don't quote me though.

Liteceeper I like the new layout looks great then oven this way has opened the whole area and will be much easier to use.
          Thanks Colin on the new layout.

I was concerned that the prevailing wind in SA comes from the South-west which is the direction the oven opening will face on the new corner layout, hence my initial layout facing South.

Does wind pay havoc with operating the ovens?

I will eventually have clear PVC patio awnings, once the walls are rendered, which will help with screening the wind which tends to funnel across the back wall and patio doors.

liteceeper
          Liteceeper
          ~~~~~~~

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Hey croc

I agree faster you started after me and finished before me.

Liteceeper

Can't answer that one, mine faces east the wind in Vic is rarely east. Regardless of wind it still looks better at 45 degrees.
            Cheers Colin

Comment

Originally posted by Liteceeper View Post

Best have a Capt Cook at the website and give Ben a call on pricing.
              I have no desire to purchase a kit, I was just curious of the price, is it a secret?
              The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

just hard to list price when there is few different options and with Ben always adding extras like the door, etc price is changing up and down so best to ask directly..
                i think i paid 2300 or there about

Comment

note i could be wrong, it is few months now

Comment

$2300 is prolly cheap when you consider its all been done for you and all you have to do is slot it all together on top of a base.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Thanks Brickie, and thank you to everyone for your kind comments! The PreCut kit is something we've been working on for 2 years now and we're very happy with the final result.

Crocau is too right, the website REALLY needs some work done to it, but we've been too busy with development to worry about that just yet. Once we're done with this phase we'll look at expanding our advertising and so on. Don't worry, you won't catch me spruiking on the forum!

Brickie you'll have to drop by some day for a beer, I'd love to pick that brain of yours...
                      The Melbourne Fire Brick Company

Comment

Originally posted by benguilford View Post

Brickie you'll have to drop by some day for a beer, I'd love to pick that brain of yours...
                        Like wise, you have a world beating kit, now all it needs is some world marketing to take off.....not me sorry, but I may know someone.

Pm me with a meet time, date.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Alright, enough of us hijacking this thread - bring on the build!

Comment

Hi Ben nice too see you making some posts. May not have used your lit in the end. But I thank you very humbly for your assistance.

Btw you can blame brickie as I ended up using some bricks he had available, and you know about the base.

But great to see you still pop in.
                            I have recommended your kit to quite a few fellow builders.

And you have putt together a world class kit.
                            Last edited by oasiscdm; 08-08-2013, 05:00 AM.
                            Cheers Colin

Comment

Originally posted by benguilford View Post
                              Alright, enough of us hijacking this thread - bring on the build!
                              OK here comes some preliminary questions on stand build, hopefully Brickie can peruse and advise

I will be using bricks left over from my extension built, they are PGH not sure what material they are made of

I've posted some photos of bricks to be used, will they be OK?. I have drawn up a CAD brick bond ( English bond) will this support the slab (1800 x 1800)?

Does the slab (100mm) require additional support?

I have some limitations with existing wall and trying to allow the patio doors to open fully. So my layout may seen a bit confused, I have made templates from Ben's floor plans and did a layout on workshop floor, this is the best fit I can come up with, any suggestions welcomed.

Thumbnails (Blue) first layer of bricks. (Pink) second layer of bricks. (Green) Queens (Yellow) Slab outline.

total 10 rows of bricks, top two rows will be across stand doorway with galvanised lintel bars.

Question for Ben, have bricks to cover calsil board at oven entrance been supplied in kit and will the 50mm I have allowed be enough room to finish flush with edge of slab?

Hope to commence bricklaying on weekend, gulp

liteceeper
                              Attached Files
                              Liteceeper
                              ~~~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Liteceeper View Post

Question for Ben, have bricks to cover calsil board at oven entrance been supplied in kit and will the 50mm I have allowed be enough room to finish flush with edge of slab?

Hope to commence bricklaying on weekend, gulp

liteceeper
                                Good morning! At this stage we haven't included the bricks for sealing off around the Calsil board at the oven entrance, as everyone wants to do something different! Happy to send you some if you want, we can cut them to size for you. The 50mm allowance is ample, you don't have to use firebrick at this point, you could use just about anything you wanted to - tiles, pavers, you could even cut some 50mm thick sections of the bricks you're using for your base, and dress it up with those. Entirely up to you. Or if you get really carried away, you could bring the whole slab level up around the oven to your floor height... (a lot of extra work but MAN it looks good)
                                Last edited by benguilford; 08-08-2013, 03:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X