New pre-cut kit build in Adelaide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New pre-cut kit build in Adelaide

Am not sure but Liteceeper and crocau, used the kit check their threads, price was mentioned there, there are two kits, of a number of different sizes. In not exactly sure, of pricing, but there is material kit which you cut bricks yourself, and the precut kit.

Pricing send an email he will send you the price. Personally if I were in business I wouldn't put price up. Allows competitors to undercut you.
    Cheers Colin

My Build - Index to Major Build Stages

Comment

Originally posted by UtahBeehiver View Post
      Congrats on the first pizza and like a good wine they get better............
      Thanks UtahBeehiver, my efforts at pizza forming, were I admit a bit average, the wife did a better job and the following pizza where roundish but first honors were mine.

Originally posted by cobblerdave View Post
      Gudday
      Thanks for the detailed explanation of your insulation rendering. Like most of us you have used lots of ideas of those who have gone before us. So you have done you research well and certainly recognize a good idea when you see it.
      One thing that you have come up with that I have never seen is the way you have cut the insulation into triangular wedges. Now that's different!
      It certainly has its advantages. Appearance for a start, its certainly given a smoother appearance. But more importantly the lack of overlaps means its possible to to get full 2 inch cover on a 42 in dome from a single box of insulation. My own has only a 1 in cover down low on the last 4 ins of the dome. Steve70 is the last one to come to mind as well with just not quite enough insulation in a single box.
      I also like the hose idea for helping to apply the pearlcrete. I once helped someone put 4 ins of pearlite over a dome. I found it a frustrating task and very hard to get it to stick to start with, and harder to get a uniform appearance.
      Thanks again for the detailed explanation and congratulations on a job well done.
      Regards dave
      Cheers Dave
      The forum and input from others such as yourself have help tremendously with building. I hope the conduit idea proves useful to others , its nice to know others will hopefully benefit from the combined ideas of those who have been before.

Originally posted by oasiscdm View Post
      I resemble those remarks...

Job well done... As they say proof of pudding is in the eating.

Can't tell one or two layers of blanket 25 or 50mm?
      Thanks Colin, 2 layers of 25mm first started on top of calsil board which projected 25mm larger diameter than exterior diameter of firebricks. Second layer started on top of slab which allowed the horizontal joints overlap by 50mm.

Originally posted by Greenman View Post
      Congratulations on a good job. Every new build brings out a fresh idea or two and yours is no exception. I like the overall look of it and I am particularly impressed with the section leading up to the flue. Thanks for sharing.

I have no doubt that the free form pizza tasted every bit as good as it looked. Anyone can make round ones, it takes skill and artistic ability to knock out a decent random shape and the additional crust edge is the secret to the extra crunch and flavour.
      Thanks Greenman, the free form pizza was modelled on a cornish pasty, a big crust to hang onto with dirty hands

Originally posted by Gulf View Post
      Great job! Liteceeper,
      Thanks!, for thinking outside of the box. Your contribution will help many future builders, who love the looks of a "perfect pompeii", decide for themselves, the ultimate question ?.............. IGLOO.................... or doghouse
      Cheers Gulf, both I guess at different times.

Originally posted by brissie View Post
      Fantastic job Liteceeper, all through your build you have done good work. Your first pizza look good to... yum.

Cheers,
      Thanks brissie for the nice words along with everyone else.
      I still have a bit of work to bring slab level to approx 30mm below cooking floor level and then top with granite bench tops and add more face bricks to hide slab and calsil board etc.
      Hoping to finish before xmas but have decided not to stress to much now and practice pizza s instead. There is always next year to finish.
      Liteceeper
      ~~~~~~~
      My Build - http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f51/...ide-19729.html
      My Door - http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/9/sh...tml#post170496

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by heliman View Post
        Anyone know the cost of the 3 kits from Melbourne Fire Brick? They inconveniently omitted this info from their website.
        Hi Heliman
        Depending on options, best fire off a email to Ben, he is very helpful and will give you a fast response and quote. Mine was pretty much fully optioned and approx $2400 delivered to Adelaide.

Excellent build - most impressive attention to detail and great finished product. what is the reason for putting the "pool pipes" on the outside of the dome?
        50mm electrical corrogated conduit to act as a depth gauge for applying render.

Hi Helliman

Liteceeper used them to screed his vermicrete insulation coat. Gave him the depth he was looking for. I used same idea when I saw his much simpler than other options I have seen. Works a treat.

Give Ben a call from Melbourne fire brick he is a top bloke and very helpful.
        I can't agree more, I required a extra bag of castable which Ben provided free of cost, excellent support and backs his products.

Thanks for the info Colin.

That is a really good idea for maintaining depth and also to support the material once applied.

The lack of freely available pricing is a concern. It shouldn't be necessary to have to contact the company for this information. There should be a schedule of pricing, with add-ons and optional extras available to potential customers. The fact that existing customers themselves are not forthcoming with the price is also bizarre.

That being said, it looks like a good product.
        As Ben provides for different levels of service i.e supply of basic materials or full precut kit including all arch form-works, indispensable tool etc. I guess he needs to structure prices for each job. Read his original build thread he started as one of us and has seen the opportunity to start a business so I guess all things take time just as building an oven.

Am not sure but Liteceeper and crocau, used the kit check their threads, price was mentioned there, there are two kits, of a number of different sizes. In not exactly sure, of pricing, but there is material kit which you cut bricks yourself, and the precut kit.

Pricing send an email he will send you the price. Personally if I were in business I wouldn't put price up. Allows competitors to undercut you.
        Hi Colin
        I agree, Ben has put a lot of effort into his kits and there is a fair bit of competition in Melbourne.
        But he is great with advise and returning phone calls and emails.
        Liteceeper
        ~~~~~~~

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Yes I had a few conversations with Ben and for one reason or another never used his product but have recommended him to 3 and I think they have all gone with his kits.
          Cheers Colin

My Build - Index to Major Build Stages

Comment

Thanks for the feedback but I remain unconvinced that it is necessary to conceal prices from potential customers - under any circumstances. I much prefer a relationship characterised by transparency when dealing with organisations, and it certainly is highly questionable when not even basic/optional packages are cited as a point of reference for someone wishing to engage with the company concerned. Once the price has been established and determined to be within the purchaser's budget, they may well wish to pursue custom options which may require special pricing or further discussion with the seller.

In this case, even if someone has to ask for a price - what price would be quoted if there are "lots of options" and the potential enquirer may be a "spy" from the opposition? I could further question if the secret pricing information should fall into the hands of the opposition - what then? Each person has a self-determined profit margin on which their business model is based, and if they offer a fair price, a quality product AND good customer service - what do they have to fear from the opposition? Absolutely nothing!

If there is lots of competition in the market there is actually even MORE need to be competitive and transparent in what prices are offered, rather than going into concealment mode and driving customers away while they patiently wait for someone to give them a "price".

Having been very impressed with the excellent build on display here, I was keen to recommend the product to others. My enquiry sent to the company 3 days ago remains unanswered, so I guess the price will remain a mystery... while my interest continues to wane..
            / Rossco

Comment

Hi Rossco,

Firstly I must apologise for taking so long to get back to you with our pricing, I have been completely overwhelmed with demand for the kits for the past fortnight, and haven't been able to respond as quickly as I would have liked.

Regarding putting up pricing, we are actually working on a new website at the minute, and the plan is to have our pricing available for all to see (it'll certainly save time as you mentioned!) Our pricing on all of our materials is extremely competitive so I'm not too concerned about who sees it - frankly if they want the pricing they'll get it anyway!

Again, sorry for taking so long to get back to you, if you have any questions after my email comes through please feel free to give me a call, it's a much faster way of getting in touch with me and I'll be more than happy to answer any of your questions.
              The Melbourne Fire Brick Company

Comment

Hi Ben - thanks very much for the clarity.

I look forward to seeing many more of your systems being posted here during the builds. It certainly looks like a great product.

Best wishes...
                / Rossco

Comment

Hi Ben
                  Thanks for the reply and follow up on your kit builds.
                  Looking forward to the new website.

Have a great Christmas & New Year.

Anthony
                  Liteceeper
                  ~~~~~~~

Comment

Your oven sir, is looking fantastic. Your attention to detail (particularly at the top of the dome) was way beyond what I would normally expect to see! Nice work. I'll email you about getting my hands on some of your build photos.
                    The Melbourne Fire Brick Company

Comment

Originally posted by benguilford View Post
                      Your oven sir, is looking fantastic. Your attention to detail (particularly at the top of the dome) was way beyond what I would normally expect to see! Nice work. I'll email you about getting my hands on some of your build photos.
                      Thanks Ben for the kudos, happy to let you use what ever photos you like.
                      Liteceeper
                      ~~~~~~~

Comment

Hi Liteceeper,

I am building atm and would like to know how you finished off the same level as your oven floor?

Ashley

Comment

Originally posted by Ash71 View Post
                          Hi Liteceeper,

I am building atm and would like to know how you finished off the same level as your oven floor?

Ashley
                          Hi Ashley
                          Sorry I cant help you out, I have fallen into the category of got oven to cooking stage and haven't progressed further.
                          But started 3 weeks leave today so might complete build now some cooler weather is with us.
                          Liteceeper
                          ~~~~~~~

Comment

Posted some details of new insulated door on 'Show us your door ' thread.

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/9/sh...tml#post170496
                            Liteceeper
                            ~~~~~~~

Comment

Build update - completed brickwork for remainder of outdoor kitchen, measuring up for 30mm Adelaide Black granite tops for benches and oven surround.

Have to build up slab with perlite cement to 30mm below cooking floor and place split face bricks to finish. Might add some tiling to 45 degree front edge
                              Liteceeper
                              ~~~~~~~

Comment

Going to look fantastic with the granite bench tops in place!
                                So you plan to brick all around your oven and then maybe lay tiles at 45 degree slope on the front?

Comment

Working...
                                X