replied
    Re: D105 Pre-Cut brick kit build in Tassie

Starting on the stand

Leave a comment:

• Steady
    replied

Originally posted by mrchipster View Post
    Try "Go advanced" reply button and then use the paper clip icon you should be able to attach multiple photos in a single post as long as the resolution is not to high.

IPad limits you to one photo per post for some reason no matter what you do.
    Thanks mrchipster, the Ipad was my problem.

Leave a comment:

• mrchipster
    replied

Try "Go advanced" reply button and then use the paper clip icon you should be able to attach multiple photos in a single post as long as the resolution is not to high.

IPad limits you to one photo per post for some reason no matter what you do.
    Last edited by mrchipster; 05-11-2015, 08:56 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Steady
    replied

Thanks to mrchipster(s) advice on the next post I am adding pictures from my laptop without any issues.

My slab is poured 14th March
    Last edited by Steady; 05-11-2015, 03:58 PM. Reason: Adding photos from laptop

Leave a comment:

• Steady
    replied

7th February 2015 - my build begins
    Last edited by Steady; 05-11-2015, 03:52 PM. Reason: Adding photos from laptop

Leave a comment:

• Steady
    started a topic D105 Pre-Cut brick kit build in Tassie

D105 Pre-Cut brick kit build in Tassie

Hello everyone, about 2 - 3 years ago I became interested in building my own WFO. I looked at various precast ovens and oven kits, and read up all I could about them online - this lead me to the FB site where I read enough to decide that I really wanted a Pompeii style brick oven. Life got busy and another year passed, I finally got around to taking the first step.
    I love the idea of building a brick oven from scratch following the free FB oven plans but I am time poor. I settled on buying one of Ben Guilford's (Melbourne Firebrick Co.) D105 pre-cut kits (41") and ordered it to arrive as a 2014 family Christmas present.

I had 2 weeks off over the Christmas period but had to fix some fences so was unable to touch it. I finally broke ground for the stand foundations on the 7th February 15. I plan to eventually have benches on both sides with maybe a sink and somewhere for a BBQ, I have not drawn up a plan and only started reading this forum again about the end of Feb. There are many fine examples and ideas on here that I would incorporate into my stand if I had my time over but such is life - I am pleased that I have made a start, I have decided to concentrate on the oven build and leave the benches alone for the moment.

The plan is to finish my build in time to use the oven to cook Christmas lunch and dinner this year for my extended family. So far I have had a lot of help from my daughters - they are as keen as I am.

I have taken lots of photos that I will post with comments shortly - but progress is going to slow down for the next 4-5 months due to the weather.

I have enjoyed reading about and seeing photos of everyone's builds

Steady
Working...
X