X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steady
    replied
    Originally posted by benguilford View Post
    Steady, it has clearly been FAR too long since I last had time to visit the Forno Bravo forum, I have to say I am very impressed with your work, and extremely happy to see you found a solution to your lost fibreglass dome! I have read the entire thread and I am just stoked that you're all so happy with your kits - as always, if you have any questions whatsoever please don't hesitate to ask!
    Thanks Ben!

I have just returned from a holiday and now have 3 work trips before Christmas so will be struggling to finish the waterproof render and tidy up the landing - but fully finished or not I will be able to cater Christmas dinner :-)

Leave a comment:

• benguilford
    replied
    Steady, it has clearly been FAR too long since I last had time to visit the Forno Bravo forum, I have to say I am very impressed with your work, and extremely happy to see you found a solution to your lost fibreglass dome! I have read the entire thread and I am just stoked that you're all so happy with your kits - as always, if you have any questions whatsoever please don't hesitate to ask!
    Last edited by benguilford; 10-19-2015, 11:26 PM.

Leave a comment:

• UtahBeehiver
    replied
    Had to Google what a echidnas was. Very interesting to see. Congrats on enjoying the WFO and it will work even better once the insulation is on.

Leave a comment:

• Steady
    replied
    While not WFO related here is one of the locals - I have heaps of echidnas on my place but this is the first junior one I've seen - very cute

Leave a comment:

• Steady
    replied
    I got to cook pizza for some friend last weekend - I ended up cooking 20 pizzas in all - I even had 2 in the oven at once on a couple of occasions :-) I am really enjoying my oven, now I just need to finish it.

I have found where to get some granite for a landing now so it is just the final render and waterproof coating (+ install a vent) and then the stone landing.

I also discovered that I really like a Rose with pizza.

The next night I cooked a roast with the residual heat - lovin it

Leave a comment:

• Steady
    replied
    I have a few weeks at home and then I am off on a family holiday. My tarp doesn't have any condensation any more and I feel I am ready to apply the final render and water proof membrane but I wont have time until November. I tried baking bread 2 hours after the pizza but it was too soon and the oven had not cooled off enough so while the bread was quite nice on the inside it was black on the outside. I really should have waited until the next morning - no wood was added to the fire after the last pizza @ 6.00pm and on Sunday morning (27th) at 9.30am TDC of the dome was 180 deg C and the floor 160. I have a steel door and the overnight temp would have been approx. 6-8 deg C so I am very happy with this - I need to work on an insulated one. (or just buy some hebel blocks for the moment)

Leave a comment:

• Steady
    replied
    And the last lot from the 26th (I love taking photos...) These are of the dessert pizza that my wife and daughters just love

Leave a comment:

• Steady
    replied
    More from the 26th

Leave a comment:

• Steady
    replied
    I didn't hold back with my fire on Saturday just gone - 26th Sep - the extra heat really paid off with delightful pizza the reward.

Leave a comment:

• Steady
    replied
    Wozza, I seem to be able to make any shape but round :-)

Here are some photos from the 19th Sep - I learnt that having the oven hot enough really is important (it wasn't on this occasion and while the pizza was ok it was no where near as good as the first attempt)

Leave a comment:

• Wozza
    replied
    +2 on the wooden peel. I bought 4 cheap and cheerful ones for the pizza party on the weekend. People made them directly on the peels in the kitchen (get that rolling pin away from my dough!) and rotated them out to the oven. One comes out, into the oven it goes, peel back to the kitchen, use the aluminium peel for turning and fine tuning and then onto a plate and the next wooden peel is ready and waiting.

Only problem was lack of experience of any of the helpers in getting anything like a decent pizza shape (like I'm an expert!) and the thickness varied from paper thin to 'who-ordered-the-focaccia?' Each pizza was named after the outline of the country it most resembled. Had quite a few Africas, a couple of Australias (yours look vaguely Australian, Steady) and even one Cuba. Shamefully that was mine but I plead at least half a dozen Coopers in my defence. Luckily no map of Tasmania.

Realised after we'd finished that I hadn't taken one damn picture. Ah well - next time when I'm a little less stressed...
    Last edited by Wozza; 09-21-2015, 08:00 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Steady
    replied
    More photos from the 5th

Leave a comment:

• Steady
    replied
    Work has kept me away from my oven and this forum - time to catch up with some photos from the 5th September

Leave a comment:

• cobblerdave
    replied
    G'day
    If all else fails and it does stick lift the edge and blow underneath to loosen then keep shaking till its in the oven.
    Make a wood one. 10 mm ply short handle rounded edges are only needed once in the oven move around with your metal one.
    Regards Dave
    Ps I like rice flour it doesn't burn and give you pizza a black bitter crust on the base.

Leave a comment:

• Steady
    replied
    At the moment I only have an aluminium one - I was dusting it with flour but I think it conducts heat so quickly that it made the pizza stick. I will see if I can find a timber one

Leave a comment:

Working...
X