Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: AZ Piazzalos Unite

Hello All, C5Dad, Modthryth,

Thank you for clarifying the no-burn day exemption for me (and others). It took a few days to get a reply from Mar. Co. but here is the latest email reply to my specific question about No Burn Day cooking :

"Thank you for contacting the Maricopa County Air Quality Department.

Our residential wood burning ordinance allows you to grill/prepare food even on a No Burn Day. With that said, we appreciate you limiting the time if you are burning wood during that cook time. The purpose of our wood burning restrictions is to avoid adding more pollution to our air when we are expecting a bad air day. I appreciate you double checking on the regulation.

Please visit our air quality outreach website Clean Air Make More | Maricopa County | No Burn Day Resource at any time to learn if wood burning restrictions are in effect".

Although the employee from Mar. Co. did not give a regulatory cite I believe C5dad referenced the section specific to our interests. Thanks for that Chris.

Cheers,
    Bob

Here is the link to my oven number 1 construction photos!

Here is the link to my oven number 2 construction photos!

Comment

Hey fellow AZers, my name is joe and I am a couple weekends away from finishing my 1st WFO! I just need to clad the outside, build the chimney, and roof. I am located in the Chandler/Gilbert area and look forward to getting some good info from this forum and heck, maybe a pizza party or two

[IMG] [/IMG]

Comment

Hi JOew1120,

Wow, a barrel vault oven. Nice brick work. Your oven looks to be well thought out. Welcome aboard.

Cheers,
        Bob

Here is the link to my oven number 1 construction photos!

Here is the link to my oven number 2 construction photos!

Comment

Very nice. We will have to see how the oven cooks bread. I was really close to making one of the barrel vaults instead of a pompeii.

I also bought via inet a copy of Peter's book breadmakers apprentice. I cannot wait as I have a kickin sourdough culture going for the past few years!

BTW - where in Chandler? I am near the San Tan Mall
          Jen-Aire 5 burner propane grill/Char Broil Smoker

Follow my build Chris' WFO

Comment

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the warm response, I am really excited to cook my bread in it as well as tons of everything else. My sourdough mother is only about 1yr old but it has a great flavor profile. I got a lot of work done today on the walls and started the cladding, here are some pics.

C5dad, I live at the cross streets of Cooper and Ray. Would love to see your oven some time. C5 huh? Is that to say you have a corvette then?

[IMG]
            Last edited by j0ew1120; 01-09-2011, 06:48 PM.

Comment

We're at Gilbert and Ray, just about a mile from you! The oven looks gorgeous. Much prettier than my brickwork, but hey, mine works beautifully and that's the most important thing to me!
              Nikki

Comment

Nah, no corvettes in this house - im a truck kind of guy.

I live at greenfield and germann. You are not too far from where I used to live in Chandler (McQueen and Frey). Would be good to see the different ovens.

I found that the pearlite at the nursery supply in north phoenix at $8 per bag was worth driving for vs the $30 bags of vermiculite from A&P - chaps my hide on the cost.

Comment

Originally posted by C5dad View Post

I found that the pearlite at the nursery supply in north phoenix at $8 per bag was worth driving for vs the $30 bags of vermiculite from A&P - chaps my hide on the cost.
                  Wish I would of known that before today, but HD had the bags for 20$, still a big difference though. Its encouraging that there seems to be a good WFO scene here in the PHX metro.

Comment

Yeah, pricing seems to be all over the place. I tried several HD's for vermiculite with no luck.

One of the secrets of AZ is that we dont need wood in our ovens during the summer, which reduces the cost dramatically - lol.

Comment

^^^ Yeah, don't think I will be doing any entertaining out there this summer. Thats why I need to get this done before it gets too hot.

Comment

Finished my cladding today and began the roof, going to burn the form out and start curing next weekend!:-)

Comment

Looking good. Can't wait to see the bread results. I have been using Peter Reinharts Breadmaker Apprentice this last week and am impressed with the results - the Sicilian is excellent!!

Comment

Looks great! My vermicrete is cured and I'm looking forward to getting my dome started. But I promised my wife that I'd lay slate on the patio before I start on the oven again, so I'm held up a bit. Only 350 more feet of slate to set, though.

Comment

Originally posted by azatty View Post
                              Looks great! My vermicrete is cured and I'm looking forward to getting my dome started. But I promised my wife that I'd lay slate on the patio before I start on the oven again, so I'm held up a bit. Only 350 more feet of slate to set, though.

Ouch that sucks, I am like an impatient little kid with my oven. Sunday cant come fast enough, but I also have a goal of superbowl Sunday for a completion date so I need to get cracking!

Comment

Hey Gang,

If any one has a wireless PC card - 802.11g for a desktop with the rear antenna, let me know, I know a guy who, if he cannot score one, will swap firewood!

I got some mesquite from him (bartered a computer for wood) and it is burning well this morning. I love the fact that this stuff is really fragrant - but we will see if my wife agrees

Comment

Working...
                                X