Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nikki's 42" in Phoenix, where it's hot as a...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nikki's 42" in Phoenix, where it's hot as a...

No, but I really really want to! They typically have at least a 2 hour wait, often more (unless you're Martha Stewart flying in for pizza). But you can get a reservation if you have 6 or more people. I just haven't managed to coordinate a visit with enough friends yet.
    Nikki

Comment

Bianco's is a great date spot. It gives you a bit of time to get to know someone and its fun to people watch. The wait is not bad at all. There is a bar next door to sit at and appetizers to order. The place is amazing! I was privileged to get some of his olive oil the other day. It is really buttery and fruity. I was surprised how fresh it was.

Comment

I went to Bianco's on a work related conference once. I agree. The wait was quite enjoyable. We sat outside at a picnic table with some olives, a bottle or two of wine. The wait was a few hours, but it was relaxing. I think it might be tough if I had my kids with me.
        Mike - Saginaw, MI

Picasa Web Album
        My oven build thread

Comment

Hi Nikki, Your pizza pics look wonderful! So does your oven. You've made it look almost easy.
          Your copper roof sounds great. I new it would be really pricey. Have you looked into metal roofing? You can paint it copper or patina or possibly just buy it colored I think.
          BTW, your pics documenting everything you've done have really helped me so far (like pouring my base and a good idea of what the dome WILL look like).
          Thanks, Dino
          "Life is a banquet and most poor sons-of-bitches are starving to death." -Auntie Mame

View My Picasa Web Album UPDATED oct
          http://picasaweb.google.com/Dino747?feat=directlink

My Oven Costs Spreadsheet
          http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?k...BF19875Rnp84Uw

My Oven Thread
          http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/d...arts-5883.html

Comment

I found a company that makes copper plated aluminum shingles for about $350/100sf. Now that's getting affordable. I'll post details as I talk with him and figure out what the cost including all accessories would be. They also make solid copper shingles, but the cost is close to $1200/100sf for those. I'm all about the cheaper option. ;-)
            Nikki

Comment

Nikki - there was someone here a while back (redbricknick?) that was talking about using pennies - that puts it around $6.00 / ft. Very affordable, just a pain to install.

Les...
              Last edited by Les; 01-13-2009, 11:37 AM. Reason: used full words :-(
              Check out my pictures here:
              http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/les-build-4207.html

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.

Comment

Nikki, Congrats on your oven! I'm away from my build for a week and going through withdraw syndrome! Love the pictures of your first fire and pizzas. More inspiration to wet my obsession!

I'm still not sure how I'm going to do my enclosure... an igloo / dome, or walled structure. It rains so much here in Costa Rica that I'd probably be safer with walls and a roof, but my wife prefers the look of the igloo. I've still got several weeks of dome left to go before crossing that bridge though!

congrats again!
                my work in progress:
                http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/phot...dex.php?u=1031

Comment

Hello Nikki I did the same exact inclosure My local menards has a 4x8 sheets of corrugated clay tile looking roofing materials I placed them on top of cement board for the roof, by the looks of the corrugated clay tile on the house ,this could be your solution to the roof, btw it look very nice good job.

Comment

Hey Mavano--I remember seeing the pictures of your build, but not making particular note of how you did the enclosure at the time because I was still thinking I'd do a dome finish. Do you have any more pictures of the enclosure and roof part of your build? I'd love to pour over them.

My husband and daughter are away for the weekend on an Indian Princesses campout, so I spent some hours working on the stone veneer work on the stand. I'm taking it slowly, but that's mostly because I'm just very slow at this surface work. It's a big puzzle, and I've never been a particular fan of puzzles. Still, it's satisfying, though I wish I could progress a little more quickly. I definitely have many days of work ahead of me. I'd better get cracking before it gets too hot. Highs of 76 today.

Les--I love the idea of pennies! Imagine getting your hands on one of those penny souvenir smusher machines. It would look like itty bitty fishscale shingles. I'm enchanted. I bet I could get a lot of friends to donate pennies from their coin jars, too. ;-)
                    Last edited by Modthyrth; 01-18-2009, 01:35 PM.
                    Nikki

Comment

Looks really good, Nikki. I don't know how you're doing it, but when I do the stone like that, I lay it out in patches on the floor before I put it up on the oven. Still a puzzle, but it takes less time to get it up and wastes less mortar that way.

Are you counting down for your trip yet?
                      Elizabeth

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/e...html#post41545

Comment

Originally posted by Modthyrth View Post
                        I bet I could get a lot of friends to donate pennies from their coin jars, too. ;-)
                        Now you're talking - that gets the price per foot down to around zero! Not to shabby. If you can't get your hands on one of those smashers - you could use a ball peen hammer if you have the patience. That would look pretty damn cool.

Les...
                        Check out my pictures here:
                        http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/les-build-4207.html

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.

Comment

Oh, to be in Arizona, where it's 76 degrees ...

Nikki, it's looking really good!

Sarah

Comment

Hi Nikki it looks like you're doing exactly what I did (except the stone face I wanted to keep costs down) I used cement boards for the whole enclosure and placed the corrugated composite material on the roof screwed it down in the valleys and sealed the screw head with roof (black pitch like) caulking for water proofing , the material for the roof come in 4x6 sheets at Menards in 4 different colors I thought Terra cotta color would be appropriate for your surroundings, BDW it looks awesome good job, I'm sorry I did not take any pict. while working on the enclosure you're doing very well ,be sure to waterproof your cement boards I used a waterproofing mix called SUNNYDAY it comes in a powder form in buckets you mix it with water and add color that is used for coloring concrete I purchased both at Home Depot ,mix it to a consistency for walls and trowel it on any way you like, mix the coloring with the water then add the powder, you be the judge on the amount of the color to add . made any bread yet Bye.

Comment

Hey Nikki good idea on the pennies roof ,BUT pennies are no longer made out of solid cooper but you could search for older ones don't know the year they stopped making them but I SERIOUSLY think your joking.

Comment

Hi Nikki!

Your oven is looking great!! I like the stonework!! Stop by and check out my thread. I have added pics - finally!!!! My design will be similar to yours, but with a sitting area added to the corner install. Keep up the good work!!

aceves
                                Last edited by aceves; 02-06-2009, 02:10 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X