Michigan WFO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan WFO

Looks great, Mike! We're bound to get some warmer weather eventually (it's supposed to be 58 degrees here on Saturday). We may get our roofs done yet!
    Picasa web album
    Oven-building thread

Comment

It's the stone I need to get done. I think I can do the roof in the cold.
      Mike - Saginaw, MI

Picasa Web Album
      My oven build thread

Comment

Godd Morning Mike. I talked to a mason/customer of mine yesterday, and he said that he will do stone in this weather..adding anti-freeze to his mortar. Get it at the brickyard. it's a lot like RV anti-freeze, but the formulations are much more consistant. he will do stonework with out tenting until it is in the 20's at night.

Comment

That makes me wonder if I should try to finish mine in the next month or so. I had resigned myself to waiting unitl spring.

Joe
          Joe

Member WFOAMBA Wood Fired Oven Amatueur Masons Builders America

My thread: http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/j...oven-8181.html

Comment

Joe, for whatever it's worth, the stone seems to stick better in the warmer weather (> 50 degrees)
            Mike - Saginaw, MI

Picasa Web Album
            My oven build thread

Comment

For those that enjoy watching grass grow, or paint dry .....

this is all the work I could squeeze out this past week. The weather for tomorrow is promising, and I have the day off!!
              Mike - Saginaw, MI

Picasa Web Album
              My oven build thread

Comment

Looking sweet, hope your blessed with great weather on your day off,,,

Cheers
                Mark

Comment

The weather and my schedule were in cooperation today! Fortunately, the Lions had a bye week, so I didn't have to miss watching them lose.

I was able to finish the stone work on 3 of 4 sides of the oven. The backside is 2/3 done. I still need to do the grout work. I were going to incorporate some accent brick above the entrance, perhaps on the sides, but I really like this stone. I hope I don't look back later and think it's too much stone.

I also did the stone work on the chimney, with a brick "cap". Not sure if I like it yet. I think it will look better when I tie it in with the red slate for the roof.

I now understand why many ovens are masonry on the bottom and stucco on the top. The masonry/roof interface is really a pain to tackle.

I really just need one or two nice days off to finish some masonry, then on with the roof.
                  Mike - Saginaw, MI

Picasa Web Album
                  My oven build thread

Comment

Mike,

Looks great, can't wait to see it with the roof

Peter
                    Member WFO-AMB=WW

Comment

Very nice work, Mike! I really like the chimney; I'm sure it will look awesome with the slate.
                      Picasa web album
                      Oven-building thread

Comment

Nice work, Mike.

Joe
                        Joe

Member WFOAMBA Wood Fired Oven Amatueur Masons Builders America

My thread: http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/j...oven-8181.html

Comment

You're wfo's facade looks terrific Mike. I love it! Can't wait to see it grouted. We've been stone veneer shopping all week and have reduced our choice from 20 to 7 styles. The pics of your progress will inspire us (or just make us give up and use wood veneer contact paper).
                          Your chimney looks great too. It's all so very classic looking. Cheers, Dino
                          "Life is a banquet and most poor sons-of-bitches are starving to death." -Auntie Mame

View My Picasa Web Album UPDATED oct
                          http://picasaweb.google.com/Dino747?feat=directlink

My Oven Costs Spreadsheet
                          http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?k...BF19875Rnp84Uw

My Oven Thread
                          http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/d...arts-5883.html

Comment

Thanks for all the comments. Hope the snow will hold off for a few weeks!
                            Mike - Saginaw, MI

Picasa Web Album
                            My oven build thread

Comment

Originally posted by mfiore View Post
                              Fortunately, the Lions had a bye week, so I didn't have to miss watching them lose.
                              I'm a Raider fan - I really feel your pain. We have one more win than you - you probably look to us as gods.

Your work is looking fantastic!!!

Les...
                              Check out my pictures here:
                              http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/les-build-4207.html

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.

Comment

Les, at least your Raiders won a few (3?) Superbowl titles at some point in history. The Lions have never even qualified for the Superbowl. A record 19 straight losses until they managed a victory this fall. Thank god we have the Red Wings!
                                Mike - Saginaw, MI

Picasa Web Album
                                My oven build thread

Comment

Working...
                                X