Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• windage
    replied
    it's been over 8 years now since I started this oven and thread, here are some recent pics of our 'doins' here in Vanceburg, KY..

Leave a comment:

• Gulf
    replied
    Originally posted by windage View Post
    BeeHiver...don't sweat it...I don't need the prestige of a 'higher rank'...like getting to the highest level of a video game, it means nothing.......I am just a non-conventional, anti establishment guy remarking on a generally accepted method of how people are profiled based on how much they say, vs how much they actually do..photo from Friday night, 5/18/2018
    I was very busy Friday and Saturday. I'm resting up now. I have just notified Alex_FB about the Journeyman level. The participation ranking (number of posts) is a hold over from a previous version of vBulletin. The current version uses something they call "reputation" based on the number of Likes that a member receives for helpful posts. It's not perfect either for a number of reasons. Forno Bravo doesn't include it on the Forno selection for the forum. However, you can see it by selecting the Default vB5 Style at the bottom of the page. The "Reputation" level is reflected by by ten bars under the member's name. The bars are colored red individually as the total number of likes increases. Hovering the arrow over the bars will also highlight a corny description for the member's level .

Leave a comment:

• UtahBeehiver
    replied
    Thanks for your insights on large low dome and commercial ovens.

Leave a comment:

• windage
    replied
    BeeHiver...don't sweat it...I don't need the prestige of a 'higher rank'...like getting to the highest level of a video game, it means nothing.......I am just a non-conventional, anti establishment guy remarking on a generally accepted method of how people are profiled based on how much they say, vs how much they actually do..photo from Friday night, 5/18/2018

Leave a comment:

• UtahBeehiver
    replied
    I'm traveling right now but when I return I will notify the Admins to change your status or if Gulf sees this post he can too. We, as moderators have a s ked for permission to change members status but not approved as of this point.

Leave a comment:

• windage
    replied
    yeah..a shame that 'photobastards' decided to capitalize on their previously free service and held us for ransom..anyway...how many posts does a guy need to make before 'he' is no longer an 'apprentice'? (asking for a friend) Funny seeing I have 2 of my builds posted here, with a fair bit of views, designed another portable and built 3 more residential ovens with buddies..

Leave a comment:

• UtahBeehiver
    replied
    Thanks for restoring your pics of the massive 81 incher.

Leave a comment:

• windage
    replied
    this past fall, 2017...seven years later

Leave a comment:

• windage
    replied
    a year later...all the growing pains of building..forgotten

Leave a comment:

• windage
    replied
    ready for another foot of perlecrete parging..

Leave a comment:

• windage
    replied
    soldier course going in, frame pedestal

Leave a comment:

• windage
    replied
    fitting the soapstone floor..1,500 lbs of it !

Leave a comment:

• windage
    replied
    support frame/ arch layout

Leave a comment:

• windage
    replied
    progress on the oven fall / winter 2009

Leave a comment:

• windage
    replied
    what we started with, 2009