X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• windage
    replied
    Originally posted by MarkJerling View Post

Sounds fantastic. I'd love to get my hands on some soapstone. Pretty much impossible to get here.
    I ordered it through a stone broker in Brazil, had it shipped to the US, then trucked to the nearest terminal 2 hours away...the story and photos may be in the early part of this thread

Leave a comment:

• windage
    replied
    Originally posted by windage View Post
    David S...nice little build you got there..yeah..the wall situation is not fun, one of my mobile builds was in a semi trailer, up against one wall...see that build in this thread;
    https://community.fornobravo.com/for...-in-moving-van
    ooops...David S..I just went to that thread and noticed you had asked me a question regarding how it held up being moved around alot..I assume you saw the build pix on that one... Happy Baking!

Leave a comment:

• MarkJerling
    replied

wonderful...best floor possible..minor galling on one stone block..otherwise great condition!
    Sounds fantastic. I'd love to get my hands on some soapstone. Pretty much impossible to get here.

Leave a comment:

• windage
    replied
    David S...nice little build you got there..yeah..the wall situation is not fun, one of my mobile builds was in a semi trailer, up against one wall...see that build in this thread;
    https://community.fornobravo.com/for...-in-moving-van

Leave a comment:

• david s
    replied
    I've just finished the render coat on a 64" (1600mm) internal diameter monster oven last night. It was particularly difficult because it's a corner build and up very tight against the walls. The only way to access the back half of the oven was by crawling under the stand and working from the tiny triangle at the back. I hate corner builds.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2075.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.21 MB ID:	444903

Leave a comment:

• windage
    replied
    Originally posted by MarkJerling View Post

Wow! Impressive oven! How well has the soapstone floor worked out?
    wonderful...best floor possible..minor galling on one stone block..otherwise great condition!

Leave a comment:

• MarkJerling
    replied
    11 + years and the big ole oven is still cranking out great food!
    Wow! Impressive oven! How well has the soapstone floor worked out?

Leave a comment:

• windage
    replied
    Originally posted by Alomran View Post
    Do you have any normal cracks in the dome?
    3 years ago, I had to reset one taper brick in the inner heat dome, near the arch. The outer arch also got rebuilt about 5 years ago..it got hit by careless wood loading. There are cracks in that outer arch now that I will need to address in the next year or two..but nothing critical.

Leave a comment:

• Alomran
    replied
    Do you have any normal cracks in the dome?

Leave a comment:

• windage
    replied
    Originally posted by Gulf View Post
    Great follow up windage . I'm going to stop by the next time that we go to see our kids in Ohio. Any detour around Cincinnati is a good detour imo. Any detour for brick oven pizza would be a GREAT! one
    we are on the AA hwy about 1.5 hr East of Cincy...nice road...open wed, thur, fri, sat @ 3pm.. Click image for larger version

Name:	winter 2022 2.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	383.6 KB
ID:	444871 Click image for larger version

Name:	winter 2022.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	344.3 KB
ID:	444872

Leave a comment:

• Gulf
    replied
    Great follow up windage . I'm going to stop by the next time that we go to see our kids in Ohio. Any detour around Cincinnati is a good detour imo. Any detour for brick oven pizza would be a GREAT! one
    Last edited by Gulf; 02-26-2022, 07:29 PM.

Leave a comment:

• windage
    replied
    I put in a cathedral over the toss table when I built the shop

Leave a comment:

• windage
    replied
    11 + years and the big ole oven is still cranking out great food!

Leave a comment:

• windage
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT2953.JPG
Views:	157
Size:	1.07 MB
ID:	444861 Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT2954.JPG
Views:	156
Size:	1.13 MB
ID:	444862 Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT2958.JPG
Views:	159
Size:	1.16 MB
ID:	444859 Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT2962.JPG
Views:	150
Size:	1.09 MB
ID:	444860
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• windage
    replied
    I am trying to work on videos at the shop, my first attempt to make something interesting..

https://www.facebook.com/Artys-Wood-...=page_internal

Leave a comment:

Working...
X