Chip's 42 in Minnesota

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Chip's 42 in Minnesota

Great idea for the doors for the storage area under the prep area. (post 112)
    Where did you get the hinges?
    Thanks,
    Jeff
    Jeff
    My 42-inch build

Comment

Originally posted by PizzaIdiot View Post
      Great idea for the doors for the storage area under the prep area. (post 112)
      Where did you get the hinges?
      Thanks,
      Jeff
      Thanks, the hinges are gate hinges from Home Depot they have removable pins so te doors can be completely removed if needed.

Chip
      Chip

Comment

Having the daughters over this evening for dinner. i decided to do ribs.

3 hour apple wood smoked with dry rub; at oven temp of 250 then raised the oven temp to 350 for another 2 hours vertical stacked. I will put them in a roaster for another 2 hours sauced and then time to eat.

Chip
        Chip

Comment

Chip, I am having trouble locating Ocotforno - GianniFocaccia in the forum. I am interested in greater detail on the dome/arch build. I am also interested in specs on your IT.

Comment

Johnt, Check the Finding Building Materials thread two threads above this. Last post has the link your're referring to.
            John

Comment

Originally posted by Burner View Post
              Chip, I am having trouble locating Ocotforno - GianniFocaccia in the forum. I am interested in greater detail on the dome/arch build. I am also interested in specs on your IT.
              http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/octoforno-7122.html

Here you go!

Also check this amazing build

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f21/...ace-14459.html

As far as the IT what are you interested in specifically?
              Last edited by mrchipster; 06-22-2013, 08:35 PM.
              Chip

Comment

Looking at those ribs?I just dribbled all over the desk at work!

I like the vertical presentation, very impressive meal!

The dry rubs seem to be quite popular in North America.

Enjoy!

Bert
                Fail to Prepare...Prepare to Fail!

Comment

Fired the oven for bread last night and decided to make up a couple of pizzas for dinner.
                  Chip

Comment

I was busy over the weekend building a new wood rack on the back of the garage. Built out of some left over wood and a steel storage rack from a neighbor. I put on a shingle roof and wood pile tarps to keep off the rain. The tarps are weighted wit 2 ft long 2x2's to keep them stable in the wind.

Now. I have a proper wood storage area and it is inside the back fence so the neighbor cannot see it.
                    Chip

Comment

Looks great chip,
                      You just need to get the rest of it placed above ground level on the rack so your termite policy wont get canceled . But, ya'll may not have quite the same problem with those critters up there as we do down here .
                      Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Originally posted by Gulf View Post
                        Looks great chip,
                        You just need to get the rest of it placed above ground level on the rack so your termite policy wont get canceled . But, ya'll may not have quite the same problem with those critters up there as we do down here .
                        We do not have a big termite problem but if wood stays wet we have carpenter ants, the racks sit on sloped concrete so the area is very dry, the wood does not touch the ground the bottom is raised about 2 inches above the ground with small I beams. So I think I am good.
                        Chip

Comment

I finished welding my curved handrail in place today and gave it a fresh coat of primer, it will be ready to paint tomorrow if the weather holds.

The railing was bent cold by hand using wood forms I made; I bolted them to the pool deck and just muscle to make the bends.

Now I can feel much safer having groups over because they can no longer just step off the edge.

San Marzano tomatoes at the top of the stairs.
                          Last edited by mrchipster; 08-07-2013, 12:21 PM.
                          Chip

Comment

Nice iron work. I can weld but it ain't pretty. Those cousin SM tomatoes must like the Minnesota weather. I got my first fruit this week but my plants are not real heavy with tomatoes.
                            Russell
                            Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

Originally posted by UtahBeehiver View Post
                              Nice iron work. I can weld but it ain't pretty. Those cousin SM tomatoes must like the Minnesota weather. I got my first fruit this week but my plants are not real heavy with tomatoes.
                              Thanks but i have a flux core wire feed and it spatters alot. lots of clean-up work.

Nothing turning red but we have had full size green ones for over a week now.
                              Chip

Comment

Originally posted by mrchipster View Post
                                Thanks but i have a flux core wire feed and it spatters alot. lots of clean-up work.
                                Boilermaking was my second apprenticeship that I took on at 25 years old, now Im back at it again as I hit the use by date in bricklaying.

Before you start to weld spray the entire surface down with diluted dish washing detergent from a spray bottle.

Then try
                                Either turning the amps up or the wire speed down to reduce spatter .

Push the weld puddle away from the weld also helps a lot (the spatter flies off into space rather than landing on the work piece), if you pull the weld puddle the wire hits the weld and sprays everywhere.
                                Last edited by brickie in oz; 08-08-2013, 12:07 AM.
                                The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Working...
                                X