Chip's 42 in Minnesota

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Chip's 42 in Minnesota

Is it just me or is there something sexually arousing about fire and embers.......ok its just me.......
    The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Originally posted by brickie in oz View Post
      Is it just me or is there something sexually arousing about fire and embers.......ok its just me.......
      OK,,, OK here is the bread for the grooms dinner to cool you down a little.

Chip
      Chip

Comment

Wow chip that bread looks great. Great job

Randy

Comment

Another Bread day this time just to boules in the oven total weight 1.6 KG they were a little under proofed but still tasty, a rosemary and 5% cracked wheat with a 10% whole wheat with remainder bread flour. Oven temp about 500F

Pizza and Poker at my house on Friday.

Chip
          Chip

Comment

Another Recipe = This time for a turkey injection I cut the 21 pound turkey down the middle. Placed each half in a roaster at Ceiling 525 floor 500. Covered in foil for 90 minutes, Removed foil and kept in for another 90 minutes, Removed bird when internal temp reached 165.

Injections of basting solution deep into bird about every 1 inch little amounts everywhere to distribute flavor.

Very moist and a very nice flavor.

This marinade injects a rich and buttery flavor directly into the meat of poultry. Particularly good on turkey, the secret to using this injection marinade is to keep it just warm enough for the butter to stay liquid.
            Prep Time: 10 minutes

Cook Time: 10 minutes

Total Time: 20 minutes

Yield: Makes about 1 1/2 cups

Ingredients:

1/2 pound butter
            1/2 can beer
            2 tablespoons salt
            2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
            2 tablespoons Tabasco
            1 tablespoon soy sauce
            2 teaspoons garlic powder
            2 teaspoons onion powder

Enjoy

Chip
            Chip

Comment

Minus one F (-18C) in Minnesota this Christmas morning, and I am warming the oven for bread. Yes you can cook in the cold.

ADDITION:=====A little sub zero bread for dinner.

Chip
              Last edited by mrchipster; 12-25-2012, 05:55 PM. Reason: Added Bread Photo
              Chip

Comment

bbrrrr a balmy 12 degrees in Utah with 18" of new pow at SB. Merry Xmas.
                Russell
                Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

Originally posted by UtahBeehiver View Post
                  bbrrrr a balmy 12 degrees in Utah with 18" of new pow at SB. Merry Xmas.
                  Perfect.....

Chip
                  Chip

Comment

The insulation must be working. it has been 4 weeks since our last snowfall and the oven has not been below 200F because of reheating for various holiday parties etc... and there is still snow on the roof.
                    Chip

Comment

a strange thing happened night before last. I woke to find a strange looking fuzz all over my spark arrestor. The oven was about 450F and i had put some wood in to dry it out for heating the oven back up for pizza last night.

The outside temp got down to -15F (-26C) that night and it was still about -7F when I took the first photo.

There was a slight whisp of smoke or steam coming off the flue, it was frost that had built up on the spark arrestor. Once I began heating up the oven it all melted off and dripped down on my storm flashing.

Last photo is of how it looks this morning -6F. and a melting stage photo in between.

Chip

added one more photo of this mornings oven temp -8 overnight and was never above -5 from the time i put the door on at about 7pm. you gotta love insulation.
                      Last edited by mrchipster; 01-23-2013, 10:04 AM.
                      Chip

Comment

Some more winter bread.

Working my way to higher temps and higher hydration.

Also a few shots of some weird ice formations on edge of the oven roof.

Chip
                        Last edited by mrchipster; 02-06-2013, 01:59 PM.
                        Chip

Comment

I made some more bread the other night and got distracted for about an hour after i put it in the oven, WELL....

Here are the pictures, I am not sure but I think it is a little over done.

We almost never get snow in Late April but this was last Thursday.

Chip
                          Chip

Comment

I did a loaf like that last year, it was as hard as the cobs of hell, I chucked it out in the garden, its still there somewhere and hasnt broken down......
                            The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Originally posted by brickie in oz View Post
                              I did a loaf like that last year, it was as hard as the cobs of hell, I chucked it out in the garden, its still there somewhere and hasnt broken down......
                              Can't put it in the garden, we have a dog and she would try to dig it up. The baguettes were the consistency of glass (very brittle) I ended up tossing them in the trash.

Chip
                              Chip

Comment

More snow today... Will winter never end???

Chip
                                Last edited by mrchipster; 05-03-2013, 07:48 AM.
                                Chip

Comment

Working...
                                X