Mississippi 44"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Mississippi 44"

Creative, going to watch if you slot or not.

Just fired up the oven tonight for the first time this year for a family party. Cook 24 pies and the cf and perlcrete is really keeping the heat in.
    Russell
    Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

I fought every type of peel, but when I bought the slotted one, all the problems went away. You can flour the crap out of it, then give it a few shakes on the way to the oven, and all the excess flour drops away and the pizza does not stick at all.

Comment

Originally posted by UtahBeehiver View Post
        Creative, going to watch if you slot or not.

Just fired up the oven tonight for the first time this year for a family party. Cook 24 pies and the cf and perlcrete is really keeping the heat in.
        Glad to hear you are unwrapped and back up and running.

Chip
        Chip

Comment

Originally posted by Tscarborough View Post
          I fought every type of peel, but when I bought the slotted one, all the problems went away. You can flour the crap out of it, then give it a few shakes on the way to the oven, and all the excess flour drops away and the pizza does not stick at all.
          Tscar
          I heard you talk about this peel before ....I would love one but forno Australia doesn't have any tools. Not big in the metal dept any ideas how to cut slots into a plane metal peel to convert it?
          Regards dave

Gulf
          Those are good looking peels I have a compressed bamboo peel as well ( store bought) and I find it better than a metal peel for getting a pizza into the oven. Aluminum for moving and getting them out. The handles on all my tools have been trimmed back over time. They ended up shorter than you would think

Regards dave
          Measure twice
          Cut once
          Fit in position with largest hammer

My Build
          http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f51/...ild-14444.html
          My Door
          http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f28/...ock-17190.html

Comment

Originally posted by cobblerdave View Post
            Not big in the metal dept any ideas how to cut slots into a plane metal peel to convert it?
            If its alloy use a circular saw with tungsten blade, you could always hunt down a laser cutting business and get one cut, the cost to get one cut would be minimal.
            The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Originally posted by brickie in oz View Post
              If its alloy use a circular saw with tungsten blade, you could always hunt down a laser cutting business and get one cut, the cost to get one cut would be minimal.
              Not where I live, they charge top dollar, then multiply by two, but you have to support the local guys.
              Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Originally posted by brickie in oz View Post
                Thanks brickie that's given me a start.
                Regards dave
                Measure twice
                Cut once
                Fit in position with largest hammer

My Build
                http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f51/...ild-14444.html
                My Door
                http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f28/...ock-17190.html

Comment

Not much to report for the last several weeks. (Work, family etc.) But, this is "ground breaking for me": The first blooms from my San Marzano tomatoes. A little late for South Mississippi but, should be a nice, late summer or early fall treat

Thank's Russell
                  Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Their twin sisters here in Utah have little San Marzano babies. Proud daddy's Mr. Chip) showing off their kids. Gulf, finally added bushing for my vent breather you sent me.
                    Last edited by UtahBeehiver; 07-06-2013, 02:27 PM.
                    Russell

Comment

Originally posted by UtahBeehiver View Post
                      Their twin sisters here in Utah have little San Marzano babies.
                      And their six northern cousins in Minnesota.
                      Chip

Comment

I'm curious, are you trying to replicate the volcanic soil too? The mineral content will have a lot to do with how these taste in the end.
                        Old World Stone & Garden

Current WFO build - Dry Stone Base & Gothic Vault

When we build, let us think that we build for ever.
                        John Ruskin

Comment

Thanks ya'll, for pics. I'll try and post an update for the first vine ripe. I think it will be fun to update the family pictures from time to time.

Russell,
                          Thanks for the pic of the dome vent. I hope it works for you like it has for me.

Originally posted by stonecutter View Post
                          I'm curious, are you trying to replicate the volcanic soil too? The mineral content will have a lot to do with how these taste in the end.
                          Stonecutter,
                          I can't speak for the whole family. I've read about how the volcanic ash is the secret to the success of the San Marzano tomatoes. I can't duplicate that down here naturally. But, the southern sisters will be raised on what I do have access to: chicken sht and copious amounts of Dihydrogen Monoxide .

I don't know if it will work but, that makes a great tasting Marion mater .
                          Last edited by Gulf; 07-06-2013, 07:55 PM.
                          Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Originally posted by Gulf View Post
                            Thanks ya'll, for pics. I'll try and post an update for the first vine ripe. I think it will be fun to update the family pictures from time to time.
                            You got it, wallet photos to come.
                            Last edited by mrchipster; 07-06-2013, 06:50 PM.
                            Chip

Comment

That has been a good mortar hoe .

I guess, I hit him to hard .

Comment

Yikes, but one good thing, fire up the oven, "taste like chicken"
                                Russell

Comment

Working...
                                X