X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wotavidone
    replied
    Re: Texman Build

I've had a bit of a look and I can't seem to find what mortar you used. Was it homebrew or proprietary?

Leave a comment:

• Tscarborough
    replied

Fire-pak is heat set, fire it.

Leave a comment:

• kbartman
    replied

Originally posted by Novaslo View Post
    That's funny.....I bet your son or your wife was cracking up!
    Your build is sure turning out great!

About time you posted your head in the oven photo Texman. You know it is a ritual? The WFO gods get their sacrifice one way or the other. Post them during the build or your repairs later. Your choice Novaslo.............Glad to hear your repairs went well Texman.................I think The WFO gods will be happy.

Leave a comment:

• Novaslo
    replied

That's funny.....I bet your son or your wife was cracking up!

Based on how my build has impacted my life as well as my family's, I am sure they are quite involved.
    Your build is sure turning out great!

Leave a comment:

• deejayoh
    replied

Should have put the boy in there! I want to see the "after" pictures when you came out...

Leave a comment:

• texman
    replied

I got the patch done-i hope. I haven't fired it yet but i pumped enough fire-pak in the margins that it oozed when i pushed into place. I think what happened is a combination of a tight door and a crack in dome to inner arch. it was about a 3/16" crack in the dome at the widest point that does not exited to top of dome. So you have to get your head in there or use a mirror to see it.

Warning about the pics though-dont look if you are claustrophobic ! I finally talked myself into getting in there. The really strange part is you can't get yourself out without help. My son had to pull me out since my arms are above my head in the oven to work the repair.

DJ-as usual you are right again-grind the bricks for sure. I have a lot of experience with that.

Texman

Leave a comment:

• deejayoh
    replied

That sucks Tracy. I might just grind the bricks to fit the door. Easier and cheaper in the long run! IIRC, you have a pretty snazzy door.

Leave a comment:

• hodgey1
    replied

Tex, I hope the repair goes well for you. The pictures of the damage made me feel sick and it's not my WFO. Keep us posted on how it goes.

Leave a comment:

• texman
    replied

Fire-Pak is available from WESCO Refractories in Mansfield Texas $6.15 a tube
    phone 817 332 1589 no website for sales (you gotta call them.)

I will let you know how it turns out. Probably use to seal the cracks in dome as well.
    Texman

Leave a comment:

• texman
    replied

i think i knocked them loose with my HEAVY steel door. It is really tight and i have to work it into place. all that rocking with something that heavy wedged against the arch is stupid. I will be grinding or replacing that door.

Do you sale the Fire-pak?

Texman

Leave a comment:

• Tscarborough
    replied

Look for a product called "Fire-Pak". It is in a caulk tube and is made for repairs like this. Did you knock them loose with a log?

Leave a comment:

• texman
    replied

I have a couple of my inner arch bricks that have come loose. I am thinking due to the small margins that the only way to repair is a hi temp refractory caulk that i can pump into gaps on either side.

What is the right product and is this the right way to repair?

Texman

Leave a comment:

• UtahBeehiver
    replied

Hey Tex,

Where ya been? Thought you dropped off the forum. Glad to see you are back.

Leave a comment:

• Lburou
    replied

Originally posted by texman View Post
    Hey Lee, thanks for stopping by. It all turned out good and i am pleased with the final result. Ready to get cooking again.

Texman
    It wasn't that long ago we spoke on the telephone and you hadn't even started yet. Now you have the model kitchen........OUTSIDE!

Leave a comment:

• texman
    replied

Spaceman

Thanks for the compliment. Looking forward to your build, so post lots of pics and let me know if i can help.
    Texman

Leave a comment:

Working...
X