• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K79
    replied
    Re: K79 Oven Build

Originally posted by texman View Post
    K

Nice job on the video and great job on the oven. I was curious in the video about something. You held the pizza on the peel and kept in the oven for a while at the end of cooking. Was that cook the top more and stop cooking the crust?

Have you figured out a mounting for your tools or did i miss it?

Texman
    Yes, I believe its called "doming" the pie. Basically it stops the bottom of the pizza from cooking and finishes off the top. I made something that looks like a cross out of 2x6's and notched out the horizonal piece for my tools. I stuck that in a bucket and added crushed stone. Solid as a rock pun intended It's nice because I can take it down and store it in my garage when not in use.

Leave a comment:

• texman
    replied

K

Nice job on the video and great job on the oven. I was curious in the video about something. You held the pizza on the peel and kept in the oven for a while at the end of cooking. Was that cook the top more and stop cooking the crust?

Have you figured out a mounting for your tools or did i miss it?

Texman

Leave a comment:

• kbartman
    replied

Originally posted by K79 View Post
    Between $200 and $250. That's buying everything I needed for the roof and having a local sheet metal guy bend all my corners for me.

Thanks that will help me know if my quotes are in the ballpark. I was assuming that all the metal came in standard pre bent form. That shows how much I know. It will be another learning experience. I hope my turns out as well as yours.

Leave a comment:

• K79
    replied

Originally posted by Sharkey View Post
    Great job! That's a nice looking oven.

We want to see some photos of it in action.

How was the first pizza?
    Check out the link above to my build on YouTube. The end has a short video and some pics. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Sharkey
    replied

Great job! That's a nice looking oven.

We want to see some photos of it in action.

How was the first pizza?

Leave a comment:

• K79
    replied

Side note, I had cooked in my oven on Sunday (Tuscan grilled steak, muscles, potatoes, stuffed portobello mushrooms, roasted bell peppers, and even haddock). I was able to bake stuffed pork chops in 50 minutes in my oven last night with the residual heat from my oven. The floor was 305 F and the dome was 365F two days later. Not sure if that's good or not, but it was just really nice to be able to use some of that left over heat. Oh I love this oven

Leave a comment:

• K79
    replied

Originally posted by kbartman View Post
    Great oven build and video. She turn out beautiful. Have you named her yet?

If I may ask, in the ball what did your roofing metal run ya? I need to start shopping for mine soon.
    Between $200 and $250. That's buying everything I needed for the roof and having a local sheet metal guy bend all my corners for me.

Leave a comment:

• kbartman
    replied

Great oven build and video. She turn out beautiful. Have you named her yet?

If I may ask, in the ball what did your roofing metal run ya? I need to start shopping for mine soon.

Leave a comment:

• geisen
    replied

very impressive. nice stone work.

Leave a comment:

• the_dr_masuess
    replied

Amazing Job again!!

Leave a comment:

• K79
    replied

Ok, here's a 10 minute video I posted on YouTube of my build. A short video and some food picks at the end:

Wood Fired Oven Build 2013 - YouTube

Thanks for all the kind comments everyone, and thanks for all the help !!

Leave a comment:

• kanoer54
    replied

Beautiful job on the brick and the stonework. Enjoy your weekend!
    jon

Leave a comment:

• deejayoh
    replied

Great looking oven! I really like the way you finished it. And - while it probably doesn't feel like it to you - I am amazed at how quickly you got to a finished product. Less than 6 months is pretty speedy, I would say.

Leave a comment:

• oasiscdm
    replied

That is simply a work of art.
    Last edited by oasiscdm; 08-02-2013, 06:49 AM.

Leave a comment:

• mrchipster
    replied

Simply beautiful, have a great party.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X