X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greenman
    replied
    Re: K79 Oven Build

Nice work. You have to be proud/happy with that!

Leave a comment:

• K79
    replied

Ok, I have to grout my joints and do an acid wash on the stone and I'll be DONE !! Just a little bit of landscaping around my work area and it's Miller time. Next Saturday is our first Annual Pizza Party at the house. Can't wait. What a marathon !

Leave a comment:

• K79
    replied

Originally posted by the_dr_masuess View Post
    Looks great! It is a great inspiration for me and your food has looked great too! Excited to view the final product. Can you take a picture of the oven placement in reference to your house so I can give it some dimension?
    Thanks for the comments. The food tastes great too

Here's a photo for reference to the house. It's a few months old.

Leave a comment:

• the_dr_masuess
    replied

Originally posted by K79 View Post
    First off, thank you stonecutter for recommending those gloves for me. I put on surgical gloves first (to keep my hands dry) then the ones you recommended and my hands are perfect. Thanks !!

Here's a pic of where I'm at. Hoping to finish it up by next weekend. Wow did I just say that !! 5 months start to finish. It's raining here today so after work I'll be doing my tile for my hearth landing.
    Looks great! It is a great inspiration for me and your food has looked great too! Excited to view the final product. Can you take a picture of the oven placement in reference to your house so I can give it some dimension?

Leave a comment:

• brickie in oz
    replied

Try it and see, it doesnt look like too much to replace even if it does fall out.

Leave a comment:

• K79
    replied

This is the mortar I'm worried about. All around the arch:

Leave a comment:

• Les
    replied

I don't think that it would. The entry s/b close to ambient temp.

Leave a comment:

• K79
    replied

Ok guys in a jam. Is finally nice out here in Maine and I got a full days work in on the oven enclosure. I got my decorative arch in and used UMACO to mortar my stones on. The problem is my wife lined up a small gathering in a few hours for a small pizza party. Is the heat from the oven going to damage the curing process of my mortar around my oven opening?

Leave a comment:

• K79
    replied

First off, thank you stonecutter for recommending those gloves for me. I put on surgical gloves first (to keep my hands dry) then the ones you recommended and my hands are perfect. Thanks !!

Here's a pic of where I'm at. Hoping to finish it up by next weekend. Wow did I just say that !! 5 months start to finish. It's raining here today so after work I'll be doing my tile for my hearth landing.

Leave a comment:

• K79
    replied

Originally posted by GIANLUCA View Post
    That's a good price. For natural rounds they are $14 all locations!! New England fieldstone are $12
    Yeah I got lucky and bought them in the spring when the local stone yard was having an open house.

Leave a comment:

• GIANLUCA
    replied

That's a good price. For natural rounds they are $14 all locations!! New England fieldstone are $12

Leave a comment:

• K79
    replied

Thanks stonecutter !!

I paid $10.45/sf. Real stone veneer, not precast.

Leave a comment:

• GIANLUCA
    replied

what did you end up paying for the veneer per sq foot?

Leave a comment:

• stonecutter
    replied

Also, you should not be pointing with your fingers....get a tuck pointer for that task.

This one should be about right for your joint size.

MARSHALLTOWN The Premier Line 502D 6 1/2-Inch X 3/16-Inch Tuck Pointer with DuraSoft Handle - Amazon.com

Leave a comment:

• stonecutter
    replied

I don't always wear gloves, but when I do, I use Atlas Dipped gloves.

Atlas Fit Glove, Large - Amazon.com

Stay healthy, my friend.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X