Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Keystone Size

Originally posted by Tscarborough View Post
    Original poster, the owner of the thread.
    Post away !!
    Link to my oven build on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ujb7lqVcSzQ

Comment

Originally posted by K79 View Post
      I have 235sqin so if I go somewhere between 35 and 40 sqin for my vent opening I should be ok.

What are your thoughts on the arch itself? I was thinking of a 36" stack... too tall? I'ld love to be able to do it a little smaller.
      Are you doing an igloo or a doghouse? 36" length works fine for draw with an 8" round on a ~40 inch oven (In my experience) but it will be too short for a doghouse (won't clear the roof eaves). Probably fine with an igloo.
      My build progress
      My WFO Journal on Facebook
      My dome spreadsheet calculator

Comment

I was planning on doing a full enclosure? It should work with that as well. What do I need for clearance over the top of the roof? I have almost 2'.

Comment

The ends of your eaves are about 5 1/2 feet high in that design. Not sure how tall you are, but I personally wanted the eaves higher than my head. I had to go with 42" of pipe and that was just enough to get ~6'2" of clearance for the eaves. But I have never bumped my head!
          My build progress

Comment

Originally posted by deejayoh View Post
            The ends of your eaves are about 5 1/2 feet high in that design. Not sure how tall you are, but I personally wanted the eaves higher than my head. I had to go with 42" of pipe and that was just enough to get ~6'2" of clearance for the eaves. But I have never bumped my head!
            Is there some sort of height requirement though between the top of the insulation around the dome and the top of the roof. The FB plans say 4" but I'm not sure if this is just a recommendation or requirement for some safety reason. I'll be adjusting my roof pitch some thanks to your comment.

Comment

I think you probably should have some air space for circulation purposes.

When you start messing with the design, you may find as I did that the combo of acceptable clearance for the eaves + a roof pitch that doesn't look odd will dictate your flue height.

but you are a long way from needing to decide!

Here's my housing under construction for reference, showing dome clearance, pitch, and height.

Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_000092.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	154.2 KB
ID:	293348
              My build progress

Comment

Working...
              X