Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My 40" Inch pizza oven in Florida

Originally posted by kbartman View Post
    Unless I can find me a good teacher to improve my geometry skills I will be taking the layman?s approach. Hence the new and improved ?string alignment system?. This will implore a cut to fit approach.
    Originally posted by Bookemdanno View Post

As Mr T said "don't overthink it".
    Ok guys, you are all making my head spin, this ain't rocket science. KISS principal for me...........I may not be able calculate it... but I can build it.....stay tuned.... just build the darn thing......they will come...........A week ago I did'nt know what highjacking was Cool and I didnt think you all liked me.....LOL
    Respectfully,

KB

My build
    Oven Pics (album under construction)

Comment

Yes, KISS is a good idea, move on and good luck you will find out what you need to do or shouldn't as you do your build.
      Russell
      Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

We're in the same boat kbartman. I'm definitely to the point where.... "Just Build It" sounds good to me!
        Link to my oven build on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ujb7lqVcSzQ

Comment

Thanks, Beehiver I borrowed your design for a tapering and bevel jig. I made one small improvement, hope you don't mind. I added a vertical adjustment. Recess cut to allow for zero adjustment. Wing nuts for quick adjustments and setup. Marine varnished hopefully the wood does'nt swell......Time to build......just do it.......Hope works out for me.
          Last edited by kbartman; 03-31-2013, 05:24 PM. Reason: spelling
          Respectfully,

KB

My build

Comment

Hey that what is forum is all about sharing and improving the next generation. My jig looks the the Flintstone model compared to OasisCDM and yours. Great improvements. Now get building
            Russell
            Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

That looks great. I'll be making one for my build as well. I'm going to make one change to mine; I hope you don't mind kbartman. I'll be adding racing stripes right down the middle
              Link to my oven build on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ujb7lqVcSzQ

Comment

Originally posted by ATK406 View Post

Ok, maybe Al wasn?t trying to say all that (I think that?s more than 20 of his posts combined). But that is what I thought he was talking about.
                Sorry for the delay, Ive just had the weekend away and there was barely any phone reception never mind internet....

That is was I was getting at ATK in a shorter kind of way.

Domes are not aches in cross section, so why draw it up as one?
                The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

C'mon. It's a 2D picture. If one could cut a dome in two down the middle, that's exactly what the view of the exposed face would look like.
                  My build progress
                  My WFO Journal on Facebook
                  My dome spreadsheet calculator

Comment

Originally posted by deejayoh View Post
                    c'mon. It's a 2d picture. If one could cut a dome in two down the middle, that's exactly what the view of the exposed face would look like.
                    ok........
                    The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

• Re: My 40" Inch pizza oven in Florida

Ok guys, I'm considering renaming this thread Pompeii oven for dummies. That way we won't t scare off any Geico type guys.... Remember Pompeii was not to far after their days??. Fire was discovered by the caveman . So without them ??..KISS the ?F? good bye in ?WFO?......LOL.......The KISS principal has far reaching aspects??more than we?ll ever know?.. It was the caveman whom kept this principal alive. ??. So here my question???. Inner arch, what is the minimum and maximum thickness???I liked Beehiver?s interlocking bevels tying the dome course to the inner arch.
                      Respectfully,

KB

My build

Comment

Ok guys, I'm considering renaming this thread Pompeii oven for dummies. Inner arch, what is the minimum and maximum thickness???I liked Beehiver?s interlocking bevels tying the dome course to the inner arch.
                        Ok guys I'm the dummy didn't mean to offend you all keep posting..... I need the help......... No one responded to the last post of mine.

Haven?t' had any time to work on the oven the last few weeks....... Spent some family time fishing with the family..... then with the forced outage at work..... seven twelve's finally over????. I had time to cut out that lintel today... Now maybe I?ll make some progress
                        Respectfully,

KB

My build

Comment

Inner arch, what is the minimum and maximum thickness?
                          I assume you mean depth? you want it to project maybe an inch beyond your dome at the bottom. At the top it will probably be 3-4 inches.

Once you set where you want the face of the arch to be, that dictates the depth if you are building it the way Russel, John, Amac, myself and others did.
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	415900_3442594740070_620169088_o.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	224.1 KB
ID:	293850
                          Last edited by deejayoh; 04-13-2013, 09:21 PM.
                          My build progress

Comment

Yes I did mean depth.... So if I started at 1" beyond dome wall at the bottom....I should be less the 1 full brick 9" at the top with a 4.5" dome wall......I was concerned it would be more than 1 brick at the top.....Looking at your picture it looks like it should be less than 1 brick, although yours looks like your dome has a few courses of level bricks before your began your dome. Looks like I may need to play a little more with my IT to confirm if I start the dome after the first course?? Thanks for your input?? like they say a your picture is worth a thousand words .
                            Respectfully,

KB

My build

Comment

check out oasisdcm's latest post. He's at the same place as you and has good pictures about the process

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/51/n...tml#post150234
                              My build progress

Comment

Thanks "D" ....Question: 10? brick saw blade how long did your last? I seem to have lost about a ? ?of the saw blade already, and it is flexing when starting at the edge of the brick. I?ve been helping the blade to stay true at the beginning of the cut by holding a scrap wedge against the blade to stop the flexing. It seems to be getting worse.
                                Respectfully,

KB

My build

Comment

Working...
                                X