42" build in Central Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 42" build in Central Texas

I like the Ivory Cream too. Part of me likes the Mexican Mud but i like the look of these bricks and it hides too much of them. Something close to that will be fine.

Can you bring the mortar this afternoon?? I was just across from the south store this morning, at one of my supply houses,, they had about 4 trucks getting loaded
    My build documentary page:
    https://picasaweb.google.com/1011587...iredOvenBuild#

Avoid at all costs that vile spew you see rotting in oil in screwtop jars. Too lazy to peel fresh? You don't deserve to eat garlic." Bourdain

Comment

Progress update: Very little progress. It's cold, it's raining and its just gonna have to wait. So, while I have some downtime, I'll plan my decorative arch and ponder a few other details. Tom delivered Sand and Ivory cream type S,,, and let me borrow a couple pointers, a joint tool and a Hawk. He explained the technique and Im stoked to do it.... Just not stoked enough to do it it the nasty weather. I think I know what Im going to do on the deco-arch and it involves flagstones.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2012F350-1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	843.0 KB
ID:	302578

Avoid at all costs that vile spew you see rotting in oil in screwtop jars. Too lazy to peel fresh? You don't deserve to eat garlic." Bourdain

Comment

As long as the rain or drizzle is not soaking the brick, cool, grey and misty days are the best for tuck pointing...if you are so inclined.

Are you building your outer arch with a type sandstone ( or limestone)? I see what appears to be a couple pieces of it your table.
        Old World Stone & Garden

Current WFO build - Dry Stone Base & Gothic Vault

When we build, let us think that we build for ever.
        John Ruskin

Comment

Originally posted by stonecutter View Post
          As long as the rain or drizzle is not soaking the brick, cool, grey and misty days are the best for tuck pointing...if you are so inclined.

Are you building your outer arch with a type sandstone ( or limestone)? I see what appears to be a couple pieces of it your table.
          Once it is dry and theres no north wind I'll resume. Im only at about 50% with the brick and I may end up removing a few pieces and improving a section Im not happy with. I have some 1/4 and 1/8 bricks in a section that I want to get rid of by trimming a few full length pieces back. I may leave a couple but there is one section that has about 6, its near the back but.... I'll see them.

On the arch I think Im going to use some longer randomly shaped 10-12" limestone cream/lite-reddish/brown colored flags that should tie in with my home stone. My current plan is to cut them close enough together so that I wont have to tuck them. And,,, I want them to go down and hide my Fire Brick outer arch.
          As for now, I just fired up the Pellet Stove and am about to cook breakfast for the Fab Fam!

Remember: Any creative suggestions and critiques are welcome.
          #masonhack

Name:	20131123_071215.jpg
Size:	845.9 KB
ID:	302591

Comment

That sounds nice. Looking forward to seeing that.
            Old World Stone & Garden

Current WFO build - Dry Stone Base & Gothic Vault

When we build, let us think that we build for ever.
            John Ruskin

Comment

Check out this Buck that followed up a Doe through my Backyard this morning

Name:	IMG_3677.jpg
Size:	310.6 KB
ID:	302592

Comment

Beautiful photo!

Great depth of field, foreground fraiming.............You must be a photographer .
                Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Originally posted by Gulf View Post
                  Beautiful photo!

Great depth of field, foreground fraiming.............You must be a photographer .
                  People always tell me "you must have a really good camera!"

Name:	IMG_3709.jpg
Size:	419.3 KB
ID:	302593

Comment

Originally posted by GarnerAC View Post
                    People always tell me "you must have a really good camera!"

[ATTACH]40346[/ATTACH]
                    Where's the crosshairs.........................He would go well on Turkey day, cooked in your new WFO.
                    Last edited by kbartman; 11-25-2013, 10:25 PM.
                    Respectfully,

KB

My build
                    Oven Pics (album under construction)

Comment

Originally posted by kbartman View Post
                      Where's the crosshairs.........................He would go have well on Turkey day, cooked in your new WFO.
                      Never took a liking to Venison, or Deer hunting for that matter. If Venison were so great, why is everyone trying to give it away this time of year??

I do like Deer Jerky though!

Comment

That's so coincidental. I just took an 8 point buck last weekend just outside my fence.
                        Link to my build
                        http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/4...nia-19904.html

Link to my pictures
                        https://plus.google.com/photos/10871...CPfMh4SMmcnQAQ

Comment

Originally posted by mirassou View Post
                          That's so coincidental. I just took an 8 point buck last weekend just outside my fence.
                          Outside your fence??

Comment

This is the Owl that resides above my WFO. It is cold and wet this morning but with that layer of feathers I think she is very comfortable!

Name:	IMG_3730.jpg
Size:	523.1 KB
ID:	302613

Comment

Watch out someone doesn't shoot her.
                              Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

That owl is one beautiful fine friend to keep around to enjoy..........Thanks for posting all those great pictures for all of us to enjoy...............
                                Originally posted by david s View Post
                                Watch out someone doesn't shoot her.
                                ..........That would be cruel, illegal, and not very good wildlife management either............. Managing the rodent population, is just as important as good sportsman helps manage the deer population from starving or becoming common road kill...............
                                Respectfully,

KB

My build
                                Oven Pics (album under construction)

Comment

Working...
                                X