Somewhere in the slumering suburbs of Stockholm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Somewhere in the slumering suburbs of Stockholm

While this may not correspond all that well to the swedish A-team members (bench drinkers), it might be close enough. This is my way of saying, thank you.
    Last edited by Southboom; 08-28-2013, 02:18 AM.

Comment

Yesterday was trouble, me being a pitiful fool. I was busy all the night, so no progress in plans.

Some things in life are not that nice, like going thru your vacuum cleaners dust bag. I think all of us can relate to this matter. Vacuuming up small but inportant things.

Here's the deal, yesterday when i was out fishing and taking photos i did this really dumb thing. I dropped my mobile in to the water between these rocks and it quitely sank down. Fast as **** i put my arm in to the water. I was lucky it didin't go to deep or into an unreacheble opening. In no more then 5 seconds i had the mobile in safe hands again.

I really wasn't in the mood to go straight home and dry it, i wanted some fish! and at first it seemed to work just fine. but later it started to do strange things, and the screen was flickering and turning damp and i could not turn the damn thing off. Battery can not be removed without engaging with tools.

Later when i got home. i managed to turn it off, so i went down to the laundry in my building. Placed it in the drying cabinet and waited. When i took it out and turened it on, it wouldn't go on. Ok, why not let it cool down first, i thougt. Sucess, now it was working! but there were still a lot of moisture in the screen Turned on oven, minimum heat, open door and a vacuum cleaner...

The deal, i ended up sucking up power button and a dust cover.
      In the middle of the night i was going thru my dust. I managed to find the power button, reasembled the phone and to my delight the phone was working and most of the moisture was gone. Except one thing, the antenna cable had snapped. Now i'm about to order an antenna cable. So this is why there wasn't any progress in my work.
      Last edited by Southboom; 08-29-2013, 07:09 AM.

Comment

Those technicians are sure crazy. How can they fit that much electronics into this thin small case, it's ridiculous! If anyone is wondering. This is how the Sony Xperia S looks like inside.

Comment

Besides this, yesterday was a success. First i went to the library where to find all sorts of usefull information. They have this ongoing exhibition about my domicile.

#1: Either the Swedish people were very small in the past, or they are incredibly much bigger now. This wood stove is called the Bolinder Baby, i guess it's for small people and by that i mean childs.

#2: More cast iron from the factory of Bolinder's. In their earliest years they were producing steam engines and later on they began to make Wood Stoves, heaters and kitchenwares like frying pans, kettles, waffle irons and meat grinders. This is some of the selection they made. I don't know if they make any bake oven doors, couldn't find one. But that would have been my first choice. By the way, I think the door i got hold of is from the Jugend epoch and that being around 1890 to 1920.

#3: Air force wing F8. Old planes are cool.

#4: Some old kerosene stoves.

#5: Old tecnology are also cool, and by looking at my phone i just realised how far we have come. This keyboard model 3100 is of an old mechanical type (therefore the thickness) for IBM-computers, German made.

#6: I also found these great books. Gamla SPISAR ?r heta! (Old WOOD OVENS are smoking hot!) and VED (FIREWOOD) a 171 pages long book about firewood, now that can't be bad, i love these kind of books. Much better then any kind of fiction.

No fish were cought, but that's not what fishing is about anyway.
          Last edited by Southboom; 08-29-2013, 01:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by thickstrings View Post
            How are you going to finish it?
            I was thinkink of Leca balls aka claydite, Hydrograins. I think they are about 8-14mm and use this instead of vermiculite. I don't know the mixing ratio, but i think i read about it somewere here on FB. I have already bought one of these Bags. They're cheap, 24,27 $ for a bag of 55 lb. But after discovering this web site (and thank god for that) i have become an insufferable snob, the best would only be good enough for me. I am thinking of going with vermiculite anyway.

I also have a lot of insulating fire board left. I have been thinking, could one cut these up in small pieces and make an vermicret kind of mass of that, what do you think ?

Originally posted by thickstrings View Post
            Might add some buttress to the outside of your arch columns as well..Out side pressure, need mass to hold
            The door has this carrying rim on the backside, the outer arch is partially gonna rest on this, and the inner arch will of course rest on the dome. Will this be enough ? the oven is, as you know, not so great.

Originally posted by texman View Post
            If it doesn't spread smooth when applied dry, i wouldn't use it there.
            Is this the way to go ? The forno bravo instruction says "To make the under floor paste, mix 1 part fine sand and 1 part fireclay (photo 2) with water until you reach the texture of a sticky mortar (but without the cement)"

it looks like you may only have 3-4" of space around the floor in the pic.
            Actually it's just 2" of space. I have these restrictions my parents account for. Can not go any bigger. But these 2" is only in three spots and i will begin to make the vermicrete layer thicker just as im getting higher up. Against the dome i will have this Rockwool fire insulation blanket with a metal net on it, it's for the industrial market. But i found it at the local DIY store. It's 1" thick. And i think this is more then enough anyway, even if i now have become a insufferable snob, we don't have these huge demands.
            Last edited by Southboom; 08-29-2013, 01:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Southboom View Post

Is this the way to go ? The forno bravo instruction says "To make the under floor paste, mix 1 part fine sand and 1 part fireclay (photo 2) with water until you reach the texture of a sticky mortar (but without the cement)"

Actually it's just 2" of space. I have these restrictions my parents account for. Can not go any bigger. But these 2" is only in three spots and i will begin to make the vermicrete layer thicker just as im getting higher up. Against the dome i will have this Rockwool fire insulation blanket with a metal net on it, it's for the industrial market. But i found it at the local DIY store. It's 1" thick. And i think this is more then enough anyway, even if i now have become a insufferable snob, we don't have these huge demands.
              Mixing the clay with sand to make paste is fine. I just meant if the clay did not smooth out, don't use it. (no lumps) i used dry fireclay and spread it on fB board. I sprayed water from a hand mister to keep from blowing around while i set floor bricks.

Your space will work. I was mainly concerned if you were not setting dome on floor brick. Are you putting a veneer layer on your base? that may give some more space around the floor to insulate and cover.

Tex
              Texman Kitchen
              http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/t...ild-17324.html

Comment

Ok, it was the water part i was worried about.

A veneer layer is something i don't know about, Unfortunately.

The only veneer i know about is the one i use as a carpenter.

Comment

Originally posted by Southboom View Post
                  Ok, it was the water part i was worried about.

A veneer layer is something i don't know about, Unfortunately.

The only veneer i know about is the one i use as a carpenter.
                  Veneer that I am talking about is a layer of brick, rock, tile, etc. to cover your existing base of your oven. Whatever the thickness of the veneer would give you that much room to support your dome insulation and final covering of the dome. make sense?
                  Tex
                  Texman Kitchen

Comment

I think so, This is my plan:
                    On the lightweight concrete boards i will use this fire clay mixture. Then level the oven floor, build the dome on the floor bricks and put pieces of tile around it.

What do you think about the idea of using pieces of fire board instead of vermicrete in the outer insulating layer, do you think this would work or is this a bad idea ? I understand if you don't have the answer to this, nothing i found information on when in search for it.

Comment

SB
                      are you putting the concrete board underneath the floor bricks? you dont want to do that. too much heat there. You can put the concrete board on the slab then the insulating board then the leveling stuff then the floor brick.

I do not see why you cant use the insulating board on the dome if you are willing to cut it into smaller pieces and somehow hold it in place. that is the challenge i think. The blanket is just easier there, but has the same characteristics.

Tex
                      Texman Kitchen

Comment

SB
                        are you putting the concrete board underneath the floor bricks? you dont want to do that. too much heat there. You can put the concrete board on the slab then the insulating board then the leveling stuff then the floor brick
                        Im not the expert here, but these lightweigt concrete boards or AAC blocks i have is made of what i think is the same thing as the LECA (Light Expanded Clay Aggregate) blocks that i used to build the stand, just a bit more compact and with smaller expanded claydite, claydite is what these are made of and is what you can use to make a vermicret type of mixture for the dome. Now im not entirely sure if these are the same. The AAC blocks has a thermal conductivity of 0.19 W/(m.K). So i think these should be ok, but if someone knows better or has an objection, i'm more then glad to hear about this. Because putting another layer of fire board is not a problem.

Thermal conductivity on some materials: Thermal Conductivity of some common Materials and Gases

And i found this, a country mate using LECA: Finally a Swedish neapolitan WFO underway

I do not see why you cant use the insulating board on the dome if you are willing to cut it into smaller pieces and somehow hold it in place. that is the challenge i think. The blanket is just easier there, but has the same characteristics.
                        Tex, i'm sorry. I expressed it in the wrong way. What i meant is if you can use this fire board, cut it up and mix it with portland cement. Instead of vermiculite
                        Last edited by Southboom; 08-29-2013, 02:59 PM.

Comment

I draw this arrow on the ground whit a piece from one of the broken blocks, as i found this felt just like chalk. May be that there is gypsum in there as well, or if they are entirely made of this

But at the DIY store it said lightweight concrete blocks.

Any advice on this topic is more than welcome!
                          Last edited by Southboom; 08-29-2013, 03:06 PM.

Comment

SB

Definitely not trying to hog your thread, but if you aren't sure what it is; why risk a failure? you really dont need that layer anyway. Are you are doing it just to level the floor? Use more of that clay/sand mix if needed. If you can find the temperature rating on the LECA then it would be proven. Looks like Tscar was on that other swiss thread and he should know what that stuff is.

As far as using the board in a mix: sure . How would you chop into small pieces? That board is usually nasty stuff and very bad for lungs and small dogs. But hey, if you can get it reduced to a small aggregate size, throw in some portland around 5:1 and it would work.

Tes
                            Texman Kitchen

Comment

Definitely not trying to hog your thread
                              No worry, i'm glad we are having this discussion.

Yes, both for leveling and stabilizng. I did not wan't to put the floor directly on the fire board as it is not completely hard (I had read about this problem on this forum) and as i earlier wrote i put little pieces of the AAC block and placed them underneath the intercection of the top blocks. I hope I make myself clear.

Offcourse i could have put the floor pieces the same way directly on top of the fire board an with the supporting bits under, because as you can see, The floor bricks are big enough. But i wanted more support.

This is also earlier shown in the beginning of my thread. #8.
                              Could be that i rushed this on. But i am learning as im here.

I will for sure look it's properties up. But im not to found of removing these blocks, but if this is what i have to do i won't take a risk. OR i will put a new layer of 45mm fire board on top of that. More advice on this is appreciated.

Concerning the other matter, I'm glad we discussed this as well.
                              Because the neigbourhood is full of dogs, and small ones.
                              Yes i know of it's unhealthy characteristics. And i have the equipment.
                              It was just a thougt, if someone had done this...

It would probably be itching for month. And in worst case lead to bad rashes.

This is a true story and anecdote. One summer i worked at this decontamination firm and had this job removing old mold damaged mineral insulation under this kindergarden. I think we were wearing half masks. Hot as **** we couldn't possible wear any thick sweaters, only t-shirts. Not insured in anyway, this was a temporarily job for the summer. The boss was grumpy and wanted to see results and RESULTS! This was a long time ago. I was about 17 and health hazards weren't directly on my mind. On could just imagine what that **** did with one. Well, the one i am today is proof enough And not to speak about the itch, the got damned I.T.C.H! Just thinking of it makes my skin angry. Now i'm a mouthbreader, constantly swollen sinuses. Could be the cause of that. Or at least it wasen't of any beneficial.

I'm glad I brought this up, because i have all forgotten to call my doctor.
                              I think they need to remove my polyps, can't stand this anymore.

I'm glad to have shared this story to everyone out there

If anybody feels like it, to tell your story about hazardius matters.
                              I'm more then glad to hear about them.

Good night

Karl
                              Last edited by Southboom; 08-30-2013, 01:53 AM.

Comment

Found this information on the same type of blocks.
                                These had almost the same dimensions as well.

"H + H multi-plate is a solid lightweight concrete block used for load-bearing and non-bearing walls in single family homes, apartment buildings, offices, industry, schools / nurseries etc."

Advantages of H + H multi-plate inner wall
                                ? Quick assembly provides shorter construction
                                ? A heavy and massive inner wall
                                ? An inorganic wall that can not rot or mold
                                ? Multi-plate gives a healthy and good indoor
                                ? A fireproof wall
                                ? Easy to make fixings in the wall
                                ? Silencing

I don't know if this means that it can withstand a greater amount of heat for a longer time though. They will soon receive an email.

Comment

Working...
                                X