Somewhere in the slumering suburbs of Stockholm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Somewhere in the slumering suburbs of Stockholm

Good film on tv. Searching for Sugarman.
    Glances as im drawing, almost done.
    Last edited by Southboom; 08-31-2013, 01:42 PM.

Comment

Southboom.
      Why are you here, are you lonely? They have sites for loney ppl.
      So far we have seen you fishing, drying your phone, talking about wine, posting fake bicycle crash pics and talking about tv shows.

Are you actually building an oven or just upping the post count so you can spam us with some miraculous product?
      The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Originally posted by cobblerdave View Post
        Gudday
        I know nothing of that product but when it comes to insulation you can never really overdo it so go 2 inchs
        Regards dave
        Dave, if you know nothing of the product how can you advise double is better?

My Build.

Books.

Comment

The expanded clay balls are a good insulator, but not as good as vermiculite or perlite. They are denser but way stronger. If you use them in a Portland ,sand cement mix you will get quite a strong product. Unfortunately because they are quite large and spherical it is quite difficult to make a thin layer. They tend to roll around and if not wet first some of them want to float to the surface. They are much better suited to a thick layer where you want both insulation and strength. If it were me I would be using a one inch layer of vermicrete instead. The aerated concrete is also a good insulator but without some vermicrete on top the top layer (1 or 2mm or so) is likely to turn to powder.
          Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Originally posted by brickie in oz View Post
            Dave, if you know nothing of the product how can you advise double is better?
            Gudday Al
            Off course I would err to the side of caution. But it's a fired ceramic product that I think would protect the AAC.the blokes already checked it out out and whilst it not as good as pearlite its what his got available. If I remember rightly your predicted my own oven "Would sink mm by mm "into the the ACC which to this time has not happened.
            Regards dave
            Measure twice
            Cut once
            Fit in position with largest hammer

My Build
            http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f51/...ild-14444.html
            My Door
            http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f28/...ock-17190.html

Comment

Southboom.
              Why are you here, are you lonely? They have sites for loney ppl.
              So far we have seen you fishing, drying your phone, talking about wine, posting fake bicycle crash pics and talking about tv shows.
              I have been thinking alot about this while posting on this site
              and you sir are offcourse right.
              From now on there will be only progress of my oven build.
              No escapades. But im still in love with lightweight concrete and that is something no one can take away from me, that and cheap Aussie wine

Anyway, this is what i have come up with so far. On monday i will go hard on those stones.

And if some one disagrees with the internet though guy.

I'm more then glad to post things related to stoves and the likes

Is there a big NO for going with a jointfree arrangement ?

I can do this at the sides of the stones.
              Last edited by Southboom; 09-01-2013, 03:24 AM.

Comment

Gudday Al
                I've travelled from Vladivostok to the Antarctic circle from Africa to the America's and I realize there is a difference in cultures. Go to Tonga and except the last boy will be raised as a girl to help his mum in a basically Christian based society.
                Come on brickie this bloke worries about his mum and dad and aware of the things like the homeless around him.
                Come on give the man a go... You might learn something... Like me ... His English isn't that good . His Australian is terrible ,
                But he does appreciate a drop of Aussie wine, goonbag i recon, I'm willing to follow his progress.
                You live in a temperate climate me in a subtropical and this character a sub arctic.wow pick the difference without the language or culture.
                Regards dave
                Measure twice
                Cut once
                Fit in position with largest hammer

My Build
                http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f51/...ild-14444.html
                My Door
                http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f28/...ock-17190.html

Comment

Gudday Al
                  I've travelled from Vladivostok to the Antarctic circle from Africa to the America's and I realize there is a difference in cultures. Go to Tonga and except the last boy will be raised as a girl to help his mum in a basically Christian based society.
                  Come on brickie this bloke worries about his mum and dad and aware of the things like the homeless around him.
                  Come on give the man a go... You might learn something... Like me ... His English isn't that good . His Australian is terrible ,
                  But he does appreciate a drop of Aussie wine, goonbag i recon, I'm willing to follow his progress.
                  You live in a temperate climate me in a subtropical and this character a sub arctic.wow pick the difference without the language or culture.
                  Regards dave
                  You might be on to something. And this wine buisness has really gone out of control and i am glad to tell you Australian followers that i have bought one of these packages to make a try-out. I really can't remember drinking this wine. It might have been the red or white one. I will make a post on this further on, or maybe start a thread in the food section.

And a note on this: This wine seems to be more of an product of Sweden, it is almost certainly an export wine. So all you Australians can breath out. And im not here to mock your wine or culture. And while im at it, what is a good Australian wine ?

I actually found a seller of vermiculite, on the internet. Now this would delay my progress further more. But i might check this up.

Comment

And one more thing...

Comment

Are you actually building an oven or just upping the post count so you can spam us with some miraculous product?
                      Now i don't know your intentions Al, if you are being sarcastic or not.

The reason for me posting about this Aerated Concrete
                      (My intentions are not to promote these. I don't have this factory to make these. They are usually very expensive. Just look up the video that i linked to. And nor do i work at one)
                      is because we have an ongoing discussion about these, and that video is somewhat informative, despite this guy beeing the way he is.

And as i earlier mentioned in this thread, some people might like my off topic matters, and others might not.
                      You might be one that dosen't.

that's If your not being sarcastic.
                      Then you can just forget all about this.

And i'm sorry about my bad English. But i think i make myself clear, and that's the most important thing. Or is it "and that's what counts" ?

Anyway Al, feel free to give advice's to this novice builder. Cause i'm more then eager to hear about them.

Karl
                      Last edited by Southboom; 09-01-2013, 08:28 AM.

Comment

And i can be a "Serf" all day, i actually read about these prices or gift's if you like to call them, that you get after posting numerous posts. And i'm not saying that these are to good for me. But that's not what is important to me.

I guess talking gibberish is.

And i don't live at my parents house. I'm just building them this Oven. Because, much like others, i like my parents.
                        I hope this clarifies some misconceptions.

One note: The man in the picture on my #69 post is Rick James, and he's a real gentelman.
                        Last edited by Southboom; 09-01-2013, 07:47 AM.

Comment

By the way Al, what were you talking about,
                          I'm not sure i caught everything said ?
                          Last edited by Southboom; 09-01-2013, 07:41 AM.

Comment

Today the weather have been playing tricks on us, we have actually gone through 3 seasons. In the afternoon it haild and afterward it started to rain only to go over to sunshine and summer temperatures again.

100 Liter of vermiculite have been ordered and in the meanwhile i will be cutting stones. As usual, I had setbacks again. The compound saw i'm using completely stopped working. While i had told my dad that this saw wasn't suited for this kind of work - The saw is kind of old, and the ceapest one he could find - He didn't bothered and i found these dry cutting sawblades for stones and the like. Now that it's over with we are gonna rent a watercooled one tomorrow.

But i'm still posting these pictures of todays progress. As you all know the oven is kind of small. And while i think these Jigs people have built looks impressive, I found these styrofoam boards at my parents house that i could use. That and polyurethane foam will have to do it.

#1 and #2: The progress.

#3 I'm actually glad to see that the A-team has it's own way of dealing with the unreliable weather.

#4 While im having this ongoing discussion or call it monolog, about a certain wine with some people from far away. Today at dinner, my mother had this wierd salt that a friend of her had bought from this far east country. The salt tasted of nothing but good! Now what is the probability of me encounting this flavor or call it color, again ? And from this country. It's a little unsettling, but I'm getting used to it now and i'm starting to see a connection here. And i hope this dosen't provokes or upsets a certain person, again.

As i have said, wierd things happens to me nowadays.
                            Last edited by Southboom; 09-02-2013, 02:32 PM.

Comment

That third picture reminds me of a scene from this movie
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	38550d1378157033-somewhere-slumering-suburbs-stockholm-20130902_220400.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	94.3 KB
ID:	297068
                              Let the Right One In (Official Movie Site) - Starring K?re Hedebrant, Lina Leandersson and Per Ragnar - Now on DVD and Blu-ray? - Trailers, Pictures & More
                              My build progress
                              My WFO Journal on Facebook
                              My dome spreadsheet calculator

Comment

Gudday Al
                                Regards dave
                                I have no idea of what you just said Dave? Smelling the glue again are you?

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Working...
                                X