It's time to go Vertical

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: It's time to go Vertical

What? Me? I only wish to help.. and I do need some apprentice help with my oven RC. Come on up. Master builders are busy you know
    An excellent pizza is shared with the ones you love!

Acoma's Tuscan:
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/a...scan-2862.html

Comment

Originally posted by sarah h View Post
      ... and the Granbury stone finish - nice!

Sarah
      I'm expecting that the cost as much as the $1300 it has taken for the oven. No problem though , I think it will look good.

Maybe I should be that labor as well, since I've gotten this far. How they use the hammer to shape the stone is a question to me, but why not try. As long as I get it done before Summer.
      Last edited by RCLake; 02-22-2008, 06:21 AM.
      RCLake

"It's time to go Vertical"
      Oven Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Acoma View Post
        What? Me? I only wish to help.. and I do need some apprentice help with my oven RC. Come on up. Master builders are busy you know
        We were at Reno a few years back when my brother-inlaw got married on Lake Tahoe on a catarmeran. It was gorgeous, I remember playing a golf course there looking down at the lake - loved it. Won't be long and you'll be making me a Pie

I've found this help on this forum extremely valuable. Thanks a lot
        RCLake

Oven Thread

Comment

RC, I used eight feet of of six inch Duravent on top. Probably about 45 - 50ish LBS. Quite a bit of weight on mine. You can probably get away with 36" and still get good draw. Figure 15 or so pounds. Once your arch is done and cured, just put 15 pounds of weight on it. If it holds, your in business!

Originally posted by RCLake View Post
          I see that you overlapped the rows, wish I would have thought about that when I did the arch that ties into the dome. To late now. Is your chimney an 8", I remember you having a long chimney, what do think it weighed? The two foot of terra cotta(?) flue liner is heavy.
          GJBingham
          -----------------------------------
          Everyone makes mistakes. The trick is to make mistakes when nobody is looking.

-

Comment

Originally posted by dmun View Post
            If you have room for both of them, use them. A 48" chimney will draw MUCH better than a 24" one.
            This one slipped by un-noticed. Congrats dmun on your 1,000th. post. As usual valuable advice.

Comment

Work up yesterday to a freeze, so we decided to go to an auction a nursery was having. Acquired a dozen shrubs and two pallets of flagstone. Plan on putting that in the area in front of the WFO.
              Got back and the weather had turned gorgeous and I've finished the vent crossing. I see that I need to do some touchup with the grinder, but I'll do that during the 7 day waiting period.

I'll finish the chimney today and that period will be on the clock.
              RCLake

Oven Thread

Comment

Nice job on the arch/entryway. Are you curing it next weekend?
                GJBingham

-

Comment

Looks good RC!

Are you planning an enclosure on top? What are you planning to do electrically?

jet

Comment

Nice!

What a friendly looking entrance. It says "come cook in me!"
                    "Building a Brick oven is the most fun anyone can have by themselves." (Terry Pratchett... slightly amended)

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/p...pics-2610.html
                    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f9/p...nues-2991.html

Comment

Awesome! Congats RC. Now glue the chimney on and get that show on the road!

dusty

Comment

THE DAY HAS FINALLY ARRIVED

Two major milestones accomplished, finished the dome and chimney and also reached journeyman. I want to thank you'all for all of the assistance and encouragement you've provided during this adventure. I know I'll be asking for more of it during the next stages.
                        RCLake

Oven Thread

Comment

Originally posted by gjbingham View Post
                          Nice job on the arch/entryway. Are you curing it next weekend?
                          I'll wait a week and start the fires next weekend, I'll follow Jim's firing closing, I've always gotten good info from him.
                          RCLake

Oven Thread

Comment

Originally posted by jet View Post
                            Looks good RC!

Are you planning an enclosure on top? What are you planning to do electrically?

jet
                            Just in case I decide to install lighting I ran the piping during the foundation pour.
                            RCLake

Oven Thread

Comment

Boy I lose track for a couple weeks and you add five pages to your thread, Great to see the tremendous progress made during that time. Contrats on all!!!
                              Jim

Comment

Nice pic RC. Quite the bucking bronco, huh? Hope you didn't get thrown.

TCU? I thought the only things that came from TCU were steers and queers! Sorry, once again, I couldn't resist.

George
                                GJBingham

-

Comment

Working...
                                X