No announcement yet.

42" build in McPherson KS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You will love the roof over the patio or even a standalone cover over the oven. Either, will extend the number of days per year that your oven can be operated comfortably.
    Joe Watson, "A year from now, you will have wished that you had started today"
    My Build
    My Web Album

Comment

• My build was done with super duty fire brick, so much denser than typical fire brick, so the outer arch and chimney are done with these bricks. The oven is not under a roof so exposed to the elements. So far, no issues with water, snow, freezing on fire brick, built in 2012. I have had more issues around the house with solid clay house brick spalling. So since you are covering oven I am not sure it is worth the effort to redo the arch.
      Russell
      Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

• Originally posted by UtahBeehiver View Post
        My build was done with super duty fire brick, so much denser than typical fire brick, so the outer arch and chimney are done with these bricks. The oven is not under a roof so exposed to the elements. So far, no issues with water, snow, freezing on fire brick, built in 2012. I have had more issues around the house with solid clay house brick spalling. So since you are covering oven I am not sure it is worth the effort to redo the arch.
        Thanks Russell, you answered my next question before I could ask it.. I don't think I will get a roof over it yet this fall, but hopefully next summer. In the meantime I was thinking I could put a tarp over it when It is not in use. I really like the look with the firebrick arch so I was hoping I could keep it.
        - seth s.

my build (in progress)

Comment

• Getting closer but progress is slow.
          - seth s.

my build (in progress)

Comment

Working...
          X