No announcement yet.

42" Pizza Build.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes red bricks are fine for the chimney, but consider the strength of the gallery that holds them up. The higher you go the heavier it is and the more stress you place on the gallery. That is part of the reason a stainless flue can be a better solution.
    Last edited by david s; 10-18-2022, 03:38 PM.
    Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Originally posted by david s View Post
      Yes red bricks are fine for the chimney, but consider the strength of the gallery that holds them up. The higher you go the heavier it is and the more stress you place on the gallery. That is part of the reason a stainless flue can be a better solution.
      Any guidance on how to make sure the gallery is strong enough?

Comment

Buttress. Then spread the weight of the chimney over the entry from the buttresses.
        Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Crack...

Comment

It appears that you have fired the dome before insulating it. This increases the chances of cracks developing because there is a greater difference in inside and outside temperatures which leads to an equivalent difference in thermal expansion difference. It’s much better to allow a prolonged period of drying in natural conditions, then insulate, before commencing the drying fires.
            Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Originally posted by lowspeed View Post

Any guidance on how to make sure the gallery is strong enough?
              Or, do a squirrel tail, with the chimney up on the top of the dome. That will only require minimal buttressing of the entry arch.
              My 42" build: https://community.fornobravo.com/for...ld-new-zealand
              My oven drawings: My oven drawings - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Comment

Originally posted by david s View Post
                It appears that you have fired the dome before insulating it. This increases the chances of cracks developing because there is a greater difference in inside and outside temperatures which leads to an equivalent difference in thermal expansion difference. It’s much better to allow a prolonged period of drying in natural conditions, then insulate, before commencing the drying fires.
                You might have a point, but you also might not know if cracks form once you cover it. How would you know if there's cracks? from the inside it looks perfect.

Comment

Working...
                X