new build in werribee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: new build in werribee

Brick work for you vent arch looks nice, like the curved inner vent area. Nice score on the SS cutoffs. Looks like you have plenty for tools and door. I guess you can either tig weld or know someone who can.
    Russell
    Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

Thanks Russell

Yeah a friend of mine does my welding for me, he happens to be a fitter and turner engineer fellow that runs his own business repairing hydraulics. he made the Bricksaw jig for me and my concrete form for the base of the supporting structure for the oven. I can do most things but was never any good at welding.

Thanks for the suggestions re PM i sent.
      Cheers Colin

My Build - Index to Major Build Stages

Comment

Hi

Got home with some new toys that were delivered [Cobblerdave you know which one it works very well] and a die nut to thread some stainless tube for my home made thermowells. Worked a treat see photo below. I also finished the front Landing Arch and tidied the entry removing the arch form.
        Cheers Colin

Comment

Very nice indeed, Colin. Your entryway is beautiful.

John

Comment

Looks good Colin. Clean and neat.
            Cheers ......... Steve

Build Thread http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f3/n...erg-19151.html

Build Pics http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...1&l=1626b3f4f4

Forno Food Pics https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=1d5ce2a275

Comment

Originally posted by Greenman View Post
              Looks good Colin. Clean and neat.
              Originally posted by GianniFocaccia View Post
              Very nice indeed, Colin. Your entryway is beautiful. John
              Thanks guys - John thanks too you and many others, your lead on the entry way made my path easier. Now for the hard part putting that round peg in a square hole. As you can see by the scribble on the tile that is my square hole. John I have decided to transition the 3" thick tile from square to round through the 3" thickness too allow a seamless transition from the entry gallery following the taper I have their already front and back.

I will cut the circle out right through using the method you suggested in our discussions about this [I have a 6" Diamond blade now so can get through]. Then use the blade to shape the transition and finally use my granite sanding discs to shape from square to round. So hopefully all done in a single piece.

Then again .... It might be to hard. but will give it a shot.
              Cheers Colin

Comment

Arrrrgh every time I go too work out on WFO it rains, but why almost most weekends. Then I go to work and its nice and sunny. I thought it was spring/summer.

Anyhow got the hole in the tile cut in between rain bursts. Thermowells ready. Templates marked out for decorative arch.
                Cheers Colin

Comment

Hi here was the process I used should anyone else wish to try this.
                  Cut out a square within the circumference of the circle for the flue. I used a 6" diamond cutting wheel on a 5" grinder. BE VERY CAREFULE as the guard needs removing.

I then held the grinder on an angle and cut horizontal grooves into the tile from the square into the brick to the marked circle. then knocked this out and tideied up by moving the grinder held flat up and down the edge. I did this until half way throught he tile.

I stood it up like in pic 4 and then cut vertical grooves to the line of the circle and then knocked these out with the hammer and then tidied up the circle the came way by running the grinder up and down horizontally to give me the circle I needed.
                  Last edited by oasiscdm; 11-23-2013, 02:21 AM.
                  Cheers Colin

Comment

Part 2 of the process.

Required making the flue gallery [exit flow] as smooth as possible. I used a die grinder with 40 grit bits to grind the square corners and edges to fit the flue gallery dimensions.
                    Last edited by oasiscdm; 11-23-2013, 02:35 AM.
                    Cheers Colin

Comment

Superb work Colin. Look forward to seeing it on the oven.

Is your spring/summer considered your rainy season? We are in fall/winter season here, very dry of the time.............. I need your motivation then maybe I could get my stucco job finished......."Just Do It"...... Of course our rainy is still many months away.................
                      Last edited by kbartman; 11-23-2013, 04:33 PM. Reason: spelling
                      Respectfully,

KB

My build
                      Oven Pics (album under construction)

Comment

Originally posted by oasiscdm View Post
                        BE VERY CAREFULE as the guard needs removing...
                        Is the guard that half-circle metal thingy? When I buy grinders, that goes into the garbage with the handle and case.

Nice work on the throat Colin...very clean.
                        Old World Stone & Garden

Current WFO build - Dry Stone Base & Gothic Vault

When we build, let us think that we build for ever.
                        John Ruskin

Comment

Originally posted by kbartman View Post
                          Superb work Colin. Look forward to seeing it on the oven.

Is your spring/summer considered your rainy season? We are in fall/winter season here, very dry of the time.............. I need your motivation then maybe I could get my stucco job finished......."Just Do It"...... Of course our rainy is stay many months away.................
                          Well not normally, more windy than rainy. Normal weather is dry and warm but lately very winterish.

Am hoping to get it on the oven tomorrow. My motivation is called Xmas. I need it operational by then. Don't care if the render [stucco] is not on it. Just insulated and cured will do me. then finish on the other side of xmas.

Originally posted by stonecutter View Post
                          Is the guard that half-circle metal thingy? When I buy grinders, that goes into the garbage with the handle and case.

Nice work on the throat Colin...very clean.
                          Yes stonecutter, it is that half circle thingy. I keep the guards for cut off wheels, mainly as it stops crap being shot into your face.

Thanks for the compliments, took most of the day though to get it right and sized to the gallery.
                          Guess I succeeded in putting round peg in a square hole.
                          Last edited by oasiscdm; 11-23-2013, 05:40 AM.
                          Cheers Colin

Comment

Originally posted by oasiscdm View Post

Yes stonecutter, it is that half circle thingy. I keep the guards for cut off wheels, mainly as it stops crap being shot into your face.
                            I was attempting humor there Colin. ....but I really do chuck them with the case and handle every time. I won't recommend operating without a guard to others, but I never use them myself. They limit the use of the grinder too much for my liking. I do wear safety glasses though...I don't use the safety squint method anymore.
                            Old World Stone & Garden

Current WFO build - Dry Stone Base & Gothic Vault

When we build, let us think that we build for ever.
                            John Ruskin

Comment

Colin,

Wow, round hole, square peg. Nice work, just like everything else on your build. Suggestion, make sure the anchor plate is completely level, test fit the chimney piping and check for plump. I did not and my chimney is slightly out of plumb and no way to adjust now.
                              Russell
                              Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

Nice job on the hole, only problem is it will probably go click and crack when it gets hot as youve taken all the strength out of it.
                                The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Working...
                                X