• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• daveskis
    replied
    Originally posted by smeltitdeltit View Post
    OH this has been excellent reading.
    I'm in the planning stage of my corner build oven, and am working on the base at the moment.
    I'm either going to use a steel frame from square tube or hebel. I need to keep the total weight down, hence not besser blocks.
    I see you use 150mm wide hebel blocks, would you think that they would take a supended slab vs a powerpanel hearth?
    Hey Mate I wouldn't hesitate using Hebel. Although in my build I wanted extra height so I put an extra layer of Hebel. Therefore also strengthening the under floor. Don't be too worried about access to the Igloo during building. By the time you get to top of the dome you will have all sorts of scaffolding in place.
    And my advice, as I have said before. Don't be too concerned with all the advice on here.......although very helpful, you will increase your expertise by just getting started. Then you too will be an expert after a short time.

Leave a comment:

• david s
    replied
    Be very careful if doing a corner build and doing an igloo style as it's quite difficult to finish the oven at the sides and the back with limited space. An enclosure style is easier if you have walls to work against.

Leave a comment:

• smeltitdeltit
    replied
    OH this has been excellent reading.
    I'm in the planning stage of my corner build oven, and am working on the base at the moment.
    I'm either going to use a steel frame from square tube or hebel. I need to keep the total weight down, hence not besser blocks.
    I see you use 150mm wide hebel blocks, would you think that they would take a supended slab vs a powerpanel hearth?

Leave a comment:

• oasiscdm
    replied
    Thx alomran

Leave a comment:

• Alomran
    replied
    Originally posted by oasiscdm View Post
    Re: new build in werribee

Ok weekend work photo's. Began the shiralite laying 40mm using Liteceeper's method. Works a treat......
    Nice job
    Last edited by Alomran; 05-08-2017, 01:46 AM.

Leave a comment:

• oasiscdm
    replied
    IGood to hear from you Dave, 'm just glad they fixed this site itis quite functional now.
    I suppose i could start the build soon, but I just felt I needed to get deck done to ensure the levels are correct.
    I am wanting the base of oven to be level with the step off the deck, but need to excavate the site first.

Might be able to get this done very soon.

Leave a comment:

• cobblerdave
    replied
    G'day Colin
    Great to hear from you. Lack of work is hard for everyone now. My 2 boys are "are underemployed" at the moment so it effects us all I suppose.
    Not as active lately but kept my links to your oven so any time you start.
    regards dave

Leave a comment:

• oasiscdm
    replied
    Sorry its been a while Russell. Just been trying to keep busy and looking for work. Almost impossibe to get work Community Service field at my age and being well,,,,,, male. Epsecially with what is ahppening in this country with mental health being placed back under Disability.

Yes ground turned thanks to a very very big Yucca. A man with a machine to get rid of Trunk left . It was massive about 1m x 1.2m x 900 high.

Not much will happen until i get work.

Although i might dig it out form it up and try to work out levels without the Deck being builit.

Cheers

Leave a comment:

• UtahBeehiver
    replied
    Colin,
    Great to see you have broken ground. Looking forward to seeing number 2 oven!

Leave a comment:

• oasiscdm
    replied
    Thought i would give you all a few pictures of next Oven site.

As you can see needs a bit of work, but there was a huge yucca there.

The base will be bigger than my first oven am thinking 2m x 2m. Oven same sized around the 40" mark.
    I love the Japanese themed Garden so will be doing similar to the last oven,
    but making the changes to this build based on hindsight.

Not sure when i will start as i need to complete a Deck first, as this will give me my levels for the base of oven, as i want it same height as the step off the deck.

Am a little ocncerned about snakes getting into wood storage under the oven though. Scary thought.

Leave a comment:

• oasiscdm
    replied
    Ok Guys I have fixed all the links if any are still broken let me know.

I have noted all the other links past page 36 and will update these over next week.

Cheers and i hope this makes the thread easier to traverse.

I will put all photos into a picasa album when i get a chance. This will include the build of the the out door area. Not loading that up here. My main focus is that this thread focus on the oven Build.

Next oven will begin this year, but need other things completed first eg Deck

Leave a comment:

• oasiscdm
    replied
    thanks guys i will have a look at that first link and follow what you said Gulf. At least there are only 72 pages now not 100 odd LOL

Gulf I went to the first link worked out what i need to do and set it up. Works a treat. Check it out.

I will on the others over the next period week or two.
    Last edited by oasiscdm; 01-16-2017, 09:29 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Gulf
    replied
    Hi Colin,

I think that JR is right. But, I also think that Mitch was hand repairing each link as they were presented to him. When doing a copy and paste of your first link
    Base Slab Construction post 24 it points to http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/51/n...tml#post142449

Going to page 2, post # 24 and clicking on the post number it brings up a box that now points to https://community.fornobravo.com/for...901#post199901

I am afraid that those links will have to be repaired by hand. It is something you can do as an edit. I know that that is time consuming but, it is doable.

Leave a comment:

• JRPizza
    replied
    Colin, that problem may go all the way back to when they broke the site with the big update. I tried using your index during my build but ended up having to surf through your entire 72 pages.
    I started a thread a while back and when Mitch was here he was pretty good at either fixing right away or providing status.
    Nice work by the way
    The forum is slowly recovering from the "upgrade", so I wanted to start this thread to help the moderators find/fix damaged links. I think I know that links to the photo gallery won't be fixable, but if you find others please post them here and Mitch and Co can hopefully fix them.

Leave a comment:

• oasiscdm
    replied
    Hi Has been a while.

I am curious i have some links to specific pages on page 1 of this thread that do not work anymore.

Does anyone know how to fix these on this forum. Cannot work it out.

Click link in footer of any page and you will see what i mean.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X