Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: new build in werribee

Will do.

Have ordered a 25kg bag of the the Molino Caputo tipo 00 pizzeria flour. Pick up tomorrow. Might try it Saturday night.

Here's the tip you cannot buy from the importer but give them a call they will give you a reseller in your area or someone that will be able to order. TI believe they distribute throughout Australia.

The bag I ordered will cost me $50 $2 per kg sounds pretty good got it from Lakes Fresh Food Market in Taylors Lakes which is west of Melbourne.

Finally a source in Australia for the flour they rave over OS. Basile started importing it only a few months back.

Here is the link - enjoy finally a source.
    Food importers and distributors, Italian food and wine | Basile Imports

VICTORIA - Head Office
    401 Dorset Road (PO Box 714)
    BAYSWATER VICTORIA 3153
    T 03 9762 9311 F 03 9762 9422

NEW SOUTH WALES
    17 Distribution Place
    SEVEN HILLS NSW 2147
    T 02 9624 7622 F 02 9624 8622

SOUTH AUSTRALIA
    6 Commerce Crescent
    POORAKA SA 5095
    T 08 8262 9700 F 08 8262 9777

WESTERN AUSTRALIA
    44 Resource Way
    MALAGA WA 6090
    T 08 9209 1266 F 08 9209 1277

QUEENSLAND
    Factory 7/18 Alexandra Place
    MURARRIE QLD 4172
    T 07 3890 1922 F 07 3890 1933
    Last edited by oasiscdm; 02-20-2014, 03:24 AM.
    Cheers Colin

My Build - Index to Major Build Stages

Comment

I have been using the Molino flour for 8 months and find it works for me with the FB by weight recipe. Recently I deviated from the trusty recipe and used half and half with some stone ground organic wholemeal and found that it lifted it to another level.

All about messing around and tweaking it once you have something that is a good standard to work from. I have found that it is better when put in individual containers in the fridge for a few days after the first rise.

I have been getting my flour from W when it comes on special. Managed to get a fair supply at the end of an Aldi promotion for .98c a kg. That is now long gone but it stores well in the freezer.
      Cheers ......... Steve

Build Thread http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f3/n...erg-19151.html

Build Pics http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...1&l=1626b3f4f4

Forno Food Pics https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=1d5ce2a275

Comment

G'day Colin
        Thanks, that QLD address is 10 mins away by car. Got to be happy with that!
        Regards dave
        Measure twice
        Cut once
        Fit in position with largest hammer

My Build
        http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f51/...ild-14444.html
        My Door
        http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f28/...ock-17190.html

Comment

Good tip oasiscdm

I still have have about 10 Kg of wallaby flour. But need to try the imported stuff. Have to see how good Molino Caputo is.

Cooked about 25 Pizza last weekend for my work mates. The Wallaby was good. It will be interested to see how everyone goes with imports...

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Greenman View Post
            I have been using the Molino flour for 8 months and find it works for me with the FB by weight recipe. Recently I deviated from the trusty recipe and used half and half with some stone ground organic wholemeal and found that it lifted it to another level.

All about messing around and tweaking it once you have something that is a good standard to work from. I have found that it is better when put in individual containers in the fridge for a few days after the first rise.

I have been getting my flour from W when it comes on special. Managed to get a fair supply at the end of an Aldi promotion for .98c a kg. That is now long gone but it stores well in the freezer.
            might get some Molino wholemeal as well and try that. Haven't had much success with wholemeal. Never seen Molino in W. Was it 25kg blue bag?

Originally posted by cobblerdave View Post
            G'day Colin
            Thanks, that QLD address is 10 mins away by car. Got to be happy with that!
            Regards dave
            glad to be of assistance, especially after all you have assisted me.
            Last edited by oasiscdm; 02-20-2014, 05:25 AM.
            Cheers Colin

Comment

Originally posted by brissie View Post
              Good tip oasiscdm

I still have have about 10 Kg of wallaby flour. But need to try the imported stuff. Have to see how good Molino Caputo is.

Cooked about 25 Pizza last weekend for my work mates. The Wallaby was good. It will be interested to see how everyone goes with imports...

Cheers
              have been using wallaby just finished it last weekend. That's why I have been tying to find reasonably priced pizzeria. The guy just happened to mention bisile imports, I think by mistake more than anything. From there it was easy called them Better be what it is cracked up to be brindle 25kg is a lot of flour if it isn't.
              Last edited by oasiscdm; 02-20-2014, 05:33 AM.
              Cheers Colin

Comment

[QUOTE=oasiscdm;169814]might get some Molino wholemeal as well and try that. Haven't had much success with wholemeal. Never seen Molino in W. Was it 25kg blue bag?

The wholemeal I used was not Molino, it was stoneground organic wholemeal from a local bulk ingredient retailer. It was expensive but I am sure that there is plenty of cheaper wholemeal around. The other thing I found was that it took more water with the wholemeal to get the same consistency so it is probably about 67/68% hydration.
                Cheers ......... Steve

Build Thread http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f3/n...erg-19151.html

Build Pics http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...1&l=1626b3f4f4

Forno Food Pics https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=1d5ce2a275

Comment

Yay........now own a bag of Molino caputo pizzeria. Trying to post photos but bloody android won't let me. Any idea ?

For those in Melbourne there are 6 bags left at lakes fresh food market @ $ 50 each. Bargain.

Ok. Storage of said flour any idea?
                  Last edited by oasiscdm; 02-21-2014, 03:20 PM.
                  Cheers Colin

Comment

[QUOTE=Greenman;169839]
                    Originally posted by oasiscdm View Post
                    might get some Molino wholemeal as well and try that. Haven't had much success with wholemeal. Never seen Molino in W. Was it 25kg blue bag?

The wholemeal I used was not Molino, it was stoneground organic wholemeal from a local bulk ingredient retailer. It was expensive but I am sure that there is plenty of cheaper wholemeal around. The other thing I found was that it took more water with the wholemeal to get the same consistency so it is probably about 67/68% hydration.
                    Normally you don't use 100% wholemeal, it reduces the rising try 50/50 plain and wholemeal and you get a lighter dough.
                    Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Yep David that's about what happened.

Any tips on storing large quantities of flour.
                      Last edited by oasiscdm; 02-21-2014, 06:20 PM.
                      Cheers Colin

Comment

Originally posted by oasiscdm View Post
                        Yep David that's about what happened.

Any toys on storing large quantities of flour.
                        The freezer

Comment

Wouldn't condensation, ice crystals affect it.
                          Cheers Colin

Comment

Place it in a sealed container first. Not had a problem with condensation.

Comment

Done and Thankyou
                              Cheers Colin

Comment

G'day Colin
                                My neighbor put me on to keeping the flour in the fridge. It seems to work as the temp is to low for anything to go through its life cycle.
                                I'm used to buying 10 kg wallaby flour, and storing it in 500 gm lots in polytene bags. Be warned they they allow the flour to slowly slip through the fridge racks of the beer fridge, very interesting to try to extract! So make sure you put them on a tray. Much better if you could buy plastic bags instead of polytene ones , better still one of those fancy Vac Packers would be great.... I've put the hints out every Xmas for one of those
                                Regards dave
                                Measure twice
                                Cut once
                                Fit in position with largest hammer

My Build
                                http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f51/...ild-14444.html
                                My Door
                                http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f28/...ock-17190.html

Comment

Working...
                                X