X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: new build in werribee

Originally posted by UtahBeehiver View Post
    Colin,

If you are able to find a light that can handle the temps of the vent area, can it be kept clean enough with all the smoke and soot? I seen some other builds like Dave who have used a goose neck/ball cap that sits on the outside and points in when you need the light and put away when you don't. BTW how's the digit, broken or not?
    Thanks Russell

Not black anymore but throbbing the whole time but slowly improving. Do you know that when your toe is like this [broken] anything that falls actually lands on the Bloody TOE. Ouuuccccchhh
    Cheers Colin

My Build - Index to Major Build Stages

Comment

Thanks to each of you for responding......regarding lighting inside the oven.

Can you send me photo's of what you guys have setup would be much appreciated. Was in Bunnies today with a client and had a brief look.
      Cheers Colin

Comment

Hi All

I was hoping this my 1000 post would have me revealing my completed oven but this will not be the case due to a recent family bereavement.

So I thought that I should dedicate this post to all those on this wonderful forum that have helped and assisted me throughout my build. All assistance has been more than appreciated and I would not have been able to complete my oven as I have without the insights and assistance from this forum.

I want to thank publicy all those who have assisted me throughout my build

Doug – Karangi Dude
        John – Giannifocaccia
        Russel - Utahbeehiver
        Sharkey
        DavidS
        Dave – Cobblerdave
        Gulf
        Lee – lburou
        Les
        Liteceeper
        Kbartman

And everyone else OS and in Aus that have contributed and assisted that I may not have mentioned in the above list that have offered their skills, thoughts, compliments etc. Thourghout there are too many to list.

It has made this build all the more fun being able to share it with basically the world, and people I may never actually meet. This is a great forum, the knowledge here is abundant and thorough making the build much more informed and easier for the novice.

Currently I am indexing my first page so as to allow Newbies to navigate this thread more easily taking anyone straight to the main parts of my build with direct links pointing to the various stages. I hope this will help long term as it is a big thread due to all my questions and lots of useful conversation.

Thankyou one and all
        Last edited by oasiscdm; 08-22-2014, 07:02 PM.
        Cheers Colin

Comment

Colin,

Sorry to hear of your loss. Life throws so many unexpected complications at us that it is a blessing to have the opportunity to walk out to our ovens with a lighter and a drink to reflect on all the blessings we have.

1,000 posts, huh? Funny how time flies! Don't sweat it, your oven will be completed when it's good and ready...

Comment

Hi Colin

Great 1000th post.

I reckon your next build thread will be really worth following too. It's amazing to see how the builds have evolved over the few years that I have been on this forum. I think Karangi Doug and I were the first to use a tapered arch and now it is the norm. Plus the introduction of heat breaks, thermo-couples etc has kept it moving. I'm always amazed at the level of skill shown on this forum especially when you consider that the vast majority of builders are amateurs.

Keep up the good work.
            Sharkey.

I love cooking with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food.

My Build - Between a rock and a hard place

Comment

Thx John and Sharky

I actually feel innovation will subside a little., Guessing my use of HebelI was the only thing different with my build with a guy from Queensland who also constructed his oven base completely in hebel also.

I'm at a standstill currently and working on my index on page one of my thread and also a photo album to place links to ,

Hopefully with flirting in the air I will get mojo back and complete the oven and base over September.

Then onto the surrounding area and constructing a draw in the base.
              Cheers Colin

Comment

Ok!! I am still around August SEptember a write off

A request I need you all to cross your fingers say a prayer, nice weather and no distractions. From the 4th October I have a week off work. AIM to get the oven completed externally. Render completed dried, finishing coat, decorative arch at least etched and off to the kiln.

Shade sail marked and ready for measuring. Base rendered with Hebel High build. With some luck rear wall behind oven rendered.
                Cheers Colin

Comment

Colin,

I can feel it in my bones: No distractionsf whatsoever. Weather forecast in Werribee for Oct 4 is a balmy 21C. You got this!

John

Comment

Hi Colin

Thanks for the kudos in 1000 post, I have been absent myself from forum. Still havent completed my build, need to finish topcoat render and granite tops.
                    Been fighting with a cpap machine recently but now with renewed energy will follow your completion works and get on with my own if I can get some holidays.
                    Liteceeper
                    ~~~~~~~
                    My Build - http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f51/...ide-19729.html
                    My Door - http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/9/sh...tml#post170496

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Hi liteceeper
                      All go currently, am on a week off trying to get s much done as possible . Other stuff getting in the way. Got my decorative keystone etched today, chook wire on dome, but had a mishap occur sealing off the flue gallery i dislodged two bricks.

Let's see what happens next few days. Cheers
                      Last edited by oasiscdm; 10-07-2014, 07:26 PM.
                      Cheers Colin

Comment

No wonder you held off Oasis, such a nice deck. I don't know if I'd have had the guts to take a saw to it. Great progress!

Comment

Took a while Lancer, to take the saw to it but once done there was no holding back. May need to build another 2. Partner and I looking at buying a second property as she just sold her house.
                          Last edited by oasiscdm; 10-19-2014, 05:40 AM.
                          Cheers Colin

Comment

Well, I got 6 things crossed off my list. Not much oven related. Couple of trips to tip, brick saw decommissioned and moved. Garage being cleaned out currently, getting the deck back ready for the run home making it all look pretty and finished. putting in some more shade sails, and led spots. Once cleaned and I have room again, eg still working through the garage, it's full steam ahead.

Saving the photos for now.
                            Last edited by oasiscdm; 10-19-2014, 05:39 AM.
                            Cheers Colin

Comment

Some night shots of garden in bloom. So rewarding when you put the effort in and watch things grow.
                              Cheers Colin

Comment

Very nice and the pizza looks great too!
                                Cheers ......... Steve

Build Thread http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f3/n...erg-19151.html

Build Pics http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...1&l=1626b3f4f4

Forno Food Pics https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=1d5ce2a275

Comment

Working...
                                X