X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: new build in werribee

Hey Steve nice hearing from you.
    Have a new pizza fav currently.

Tomato and cheese on base sprinkled with chili flakes, Chorizo chopped and sauteed, ham of bone shredded, piquillo peppers, and pineapple and olives.

Am hungry now
    Cheers Colin

My Build - Index to Major Build Stages

Comment

Also Steve was before cooking much nicer cookedbutI ate it before
      Getting a photo
      Cheers Colin

Comment

Nice bloomin pizza in that garden!

Comment

Pizza is a bit like beer. All good just some better than others. The combinations are endless!
          Cheers ......... Steve

Build Thread http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f3/n...erg-19151.html

Build Pics http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...1&l=1626b3f4f4

Forno Food Pics https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=1d5ce2a275

Comment

Yeah but I get hung up on one style then another then another then back, then on to another. You're spot on though. Many combinations indeed.
            Cheers Colin

Comment

So where am I up to........?

Still no action.
              Last piece of puzzle still at potter's.
              Been doing lots of other bits and pieces

OH

Partner and I bought our 2nd house this year so may have 2 ovens to build now.
              We will be moving into this one however.

have loaded some pictures and the site plan there . location suggestions needed and welcomed.
              Remember the backyard over looks 1st, 6th and 18th tee of a golf course (I think)
              Last edited by oasiscdm; 11-02-2014, 12:30 AM.
              Cheers Colin

Comment

Just a thought from experience...

An infinity pool located above the pond or water trap which overlooks the golf course. Maybe a seat from which you could watch the play?

Comment

Lancer

Thx but the land only goes as far as the plan indicates. The whole property is only about 12 meters wide.

And

Wow that looks nice, maybe I need to move to Philippines.
                  Cheers Colin

Comment

Ah, ya...no pool. I guess then my only suggestion is that whatever you do build do without too many right angles. Also, try to avoid lava lamp shapes.

I once ate pizza at a place called Dino's in Miami. Small round table for 4 so when the large pizza arrived we were kind of wondering where the waitress was going to put it. Well the water glasses were the tallest thing on the table, she set the pizza on top. That way they could fit more tables in a small space, perfect for your patio of the new property...

You can do a lot of things here that would cost a fortune elsewhere even if still possible. Things are slowly changing however.

That pic must have been not too long after a storm, otherwise the ocean water is clear as glass.
                    Last edited by Lancer; 11-02-2014, 03:39 AM.

Comment

Still no joy. Decorative keystone fired, need to pick up and then finish, got some new sails and installed these. Not like Sharkey I get wet.

Now I just need some dedicated weekends. It WILL happen. Started coping some wood I acquired, son got the urge to have a go and hasbroken 2 Bunning block splitters . Returned first one to Bunning they replaced Anne one. Soon split up 3 more blocks handle then split. I returned this to Bunning today and thought that's it and bought a Fiskars x27 $139 had to tip in about $ 37 after price match of 110 less 10% less refund on dud .

Son will be happy. Let's see if he can break this one ?
                      Last edited by oasiscdm; 11-26-2014, 04:17 AM.
                      Cheers Colin

Comment

Russell

One word THANKYOU.

I hope you find it in your heart to return to the forum one day.
                        Cheers Colin

Comment

Well I decided my 12 piece jigsaw puzzle door was jot going to cut it for cooking the Xmas feast.

So I made a temp door using 50mm hebel block, some ply I had laying around, couple of cheap handles and stainless steel. Only took a couple of hours and will test it over the weekend.

I also made a sheet metal brake to make some tools. Works well. Just need to weld the handle on once I learn how to.
                          Last edited by oasiscdm; 12-17-2014, 05:15 AM.
                          Cheers Colin

Comment

Nothing happening down here but will start on the surrounds over the next week.
                            Finish render on oven over next 2 days.
                            If time, will etch new version of decorative finish.
                            Have a go at the high build rendering of the Hebel Base.
                            Cheers Colin

Comment

Hi Colin

I also built a sheet metal brake to make life easier in making tools and doors and things. It was something that I should have made a decade ago. Am now looking forward to making door MKII since folding an inner and outer section and fitting them over insulation should be much easier and neater.

I used the leftover angle from the lintel above the door in the block base of the oven. I knew it would come in handy one day.

My 35 year old CIGWELD 140 was recently swapped for a small inverter arc welder and it works a treat, weighs 5kg, starts the arc much easier and would thoroughly recommend it if you are thinking of buying one. They are relatively cheap as well. The big green shed has a couple of levels of them.

My goal for the year is to find someone who can teach me to use a MIG/TIG.
                              Cheers ......... Steve

Build Thread http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f3/n...erg-19151.html

Build Pics http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...1&l=1626b3f4f4

Forno Food Pics https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=1d5ce2a275

Comment

Hi Steve

Nice brake. Your lucky you can weld. I bought a welder 12 months ago (tig, mig and arc its a smoother unit ) had a go at tig first, blew bloody great big holes in scrap SS sheet. Have found a guy at a mens shed that will assist in teaching me. Just need to get there.

Be interested in some pics of door and tools you have made with it.
                                Cheers Colin

Comment

Working...
                                X