X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stonecutter
    replied
    Re: My Wood fired Redux

No garlic, only because it's easy to get good stuff.

Try this for your deer problem....

String fishing line across entry points the deer use to your garden, and attach some tags along the line so you can see it. Painters tape works too. Then take dryer sheets and place them here and there. What happens is the smell of the sheets screws up their sense of smell, and when that happens they are really nervous. The fishing line freaks them out when the walk into it, because they can't see it.

These techniques worked wonders at our home in CT, were we had 4 acres backed up by hundreds of acres of forest. Never had deer trouble after that.

Leave a comment:

• GarnerAC
    replied

Originally posted by stonecutter View Post
    I've got 23 SM plants in the garden today, along with some essential wfo herbs --purple and sweet basil...peppers - Habs, japs red Thai, eggplant, collards kale...a few other things.

[ATTACH]42472[/ATTACH]
    Looks great... I wish I could plant a garden over here. Too many deer and I dont want to fence it in. Any Garlic?

Leave a comment:

• stonecutter
    replied

The San Marzano section....

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	151.4 KB
ID:	304248

Leave a comment:

• stonecutter
    replied

I've got 23 SM plants in the garden today, along with some essential wfo herbs --purple and sweet basil...peppers - Habs, japs red Thai, eggplant, collards kale...a few other things.

Size:	167.5 KB
ID:	304247

Leave a comment:

• stonecutter
    replied

A picture of the slab from her Instagram account...

Size:	105.9 KB
ID:	304202

Leave a comment:

• stonecutter
    replied

Originally posted by kbartman View Post
    Nixed the concrete? ...................I'm elbow deep into my counters and now you tell me,
    Can't wait to see it.
    Lol. I just couldn't pass this up. It's a 2" slab 3'x7' and it has great veining, with a very unique formation right in the center...it looks like a galaxy. My wife actually found it while I was in another part of the quarry...she does have a great eye. It's a beautiful piece, and looks stunning as it is...and it's not even polished yet! I'll be doing that, and some kind of edge treatment. Our relocation plans have changed, and since we are staying the slab replaced the crete. Can't wait to get the footing in, this is going to be a masonry cabinet with a stone veneer.

Leave a comment:

• kbartman
    replied

Oh and wait until you guys see what I have for my counter. Nixed the concrete, this is way better.
    Nixed the concrete? ...................I'm elbow deep into my counters and now you tell me,
    Can't wait to see it.

Leave a comment:

• V-wiz
    replied

Thanks V. The cedar is another compromise, I really wanted to do the stone slabs.....I just have no time.
    The stone would have looked great as well, but i think the cedar provides contrast/change from all the stone.

Leave a comment:

• stonecutter
    replied

Thanks V. The cedar is another compromise, I really wanted to do the stone slabs.....I just have no time.

Leave a comment:

• V-wiz
    replied

That looks very nice, i love it

Leave a comment:

• stonecutter
    replied

Oh and wait until you guys see what I have for my counter. Nixed the concrete, this is way better.

Leave a comment:

• stonecutter
    replied

I'm still going to use the granite ridge cap, but I'm going to cut and carve a flat base plate out of granite for the cap to sit on. The flashing is going to be lead.

Size:	140.4 KB
ID:	304192

Leave a comment:

• stonecutter
    replied

Finished up the cedar on one side and prepped the other for Monday.

Size:	150.0 KB
ID:	304190

Leave a comment:

• hubert_s
    replied

Wow! That is beautiful!

Leave a comment:

• stonecutter
    replied

Side shot. Still learning the iPhone and iPad stuff...haven't figured out how to post normal pics. Stone work is a whole lot easier for me....

Size:	152.9 KB
ID:	304090
    Last edited by stonecutter; 04-25-2014, 06:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X