• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gugahulk
    replied
    Re: Work of Love and Passion... Miami FL

Originally posted by NCMan View Post
    You bought 600 firebrick?
    Yes, I got the whole pallet. I know I will use about 450 and the rest I plan to do something else that comes in mind. Right now I am thinking about a smoker. Not sure.
    Last edited by gugahulk; 06-12-2015, 08:58 AM.

Leave a comment:

• gugahulk
    replied

Originally posted by mrchipster View Post
    You are good to go. 27.6% alumina
    Thanks Chip. as always you calm me down...

Leave a comment:

• NCMan
    replied

You bought 600 firebrick?

Leave a comment:

• mrchipster
    replied

You are good to go. 27.6% alumina
    Last edited by mrchipster; 06-11-2015, 09:21 AM.

Leave a comment:

• gugahulk
    replied

Originally posted by Tscarborough View Post
    Low duty is what you want for the floor, in the range of 20-30% Alumina. You can use low or medium or even high duty for the dome, but the low or medium are best.
    Ok, I am not a chemist, so Here is the information for my firebrick that I got from the manufacture. Does anyone understand this information? Its like Chinese to me. Please let me know if you understand any of this.

Last edited by gugahulk; 06-11-2015, 09:00 AM.

Leave a comment:

• gugahulk
    replied

Originally posted by Tscarborough View Post
    Low duty is what you want for the floor, in the range of 20-30% Alumina. You can use low or medium or even high duty for the dome, but the low or medium are best.

Skyline sells many of the wrong kind of firebricks for this application, but I am not sure if they sell low duty ones, but I doubt it.
    Thanks Tscarborough, but I already bought the bricks, is there any way I can find out what they are? or no other way? I am stuck with it? Can I run some type of test?

Leave a comment:

• Tscarborough
    replied

Skyline sells many of the wrong kind of firebricks for this application, but I am not sure if they sell low duty ones, but I doubt it.

Leave a comment:

• gugahulk
    replied

Originally posted by NCMan View Post
    I bought my fiber tape at skylinecomponents.com and you may find the brick at larkinrefractory.com
    Thanks for this information NCMan, This is just what I needed. I have a question for all Members. As you can see on this link Firebricks there many different type of firebricks you can purchase. How do I know I have to correct ones? I just got 600 firebricks and I need to make 100% they are the correct ones. Is there a type of test I can do on the firebricks to make sure they are correct? Kindly let me know. I look forward to everyone's reply.

Leave a comment:

• gugahulk
    replied

Originally posted by DavidApp View Post
    Hello Gugahulk

Were you looking for the insulating brick for insulation or the hearth and Barrel.
    If it is for the hearth and barrel you need Fire Bricks not insulating bricks.

David
    Here is a picture showing firebricks and insulated bricks. What it does is stop the heat getting to the front of the oven bricks. It basically stops heat from leaving the valt. See below.

Leave a comment:

• gugahulk
    replied

Originally posted by DavidApp View Post
    Hello Gugahulk

Were you looking for the insulating brick for insulation or the hearth and Barrel.

David
    No david. Not at all what I mean. As you can see below I have 600 firebricks ready to go. I will post another picture of insulating brick as used by brickie on his post.
    Last edited by gugahulk; 06-10-2015, 07:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

• DavidApp
    replied

Hello Gugahulk

David

Leave a comment:

• william
    replied

Sorry I meant to say ceramic supply. They will sell insulating bricks although not good for oven building
    Bill

Leave a comment:

• william
    replied

try a pottery supply store a good one will sell a many different types of refractory materials
    Bill

Leave a comment:

• NCMan
    replied

I bought my fiber tape at skylinecomponents.com and you may find the brick at larkinrefractory.com
    Last edited by NCMan; 06-09-2015, 10:45 AM.

Leave a comment:

• gbcallaway
    replied

Good Day1

If you looking for Fire Bricks, try Cemex! I live in Orlando and bought mine from there. You can call the one below and ask if they carry them or ask which Cemex plant does. Good Luck!

Sorry, but I'm not to sure where to find the Ceramic tape. If you trying to find something to hold the Ceramic Fiber blanket together, most people on the forum use chicken wire over the blanket and dome. Good Luck!

Cemex South Miami Ready Mix

4508 SW 72nd Avenue
    Miami 33155,Florida
    Phone: 305-666-3305
    305-558-0315

Leave a comment:

Working...
X