X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: portable oven

Gudday
    Mikku Ill just point out the obvious.
    cobpaul hasn't said anything since 05.12.13.
    I don't think he will be back

Regards Dave
    Measure twice
    Cut once
    Fit in position with largest hammer

My Build
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f51/...ild-14444.html
    My Door
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f28/...ock-17190.html

Comment

Cobblerdave-
      He was upset with my comments, but I really wanted him to succeed...seriously! Maybe life has taken some different turns for him that he cannot be working on an oven right now. Doesn't mean that he has lost interest. The idea of a mobile oven for markets is a real good one. It takes a lot of planning and efforts but the customers would really be lucky to have good pizza in this setting.

Comment

I think Cobpaul may now be seeking his advice from Nick.
        Last edited by david s; 10-09-2013, 03:34 PM. Reason: Grammar
        Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

bejaysus mikku!! you deleted all your comments off my thread, and here you are again!!! Ill indulge your curiosity mikku, cause you seemingly like me so much, although it is not reciprocated.... but thats ok. I wouldn?t want to leave you hanging. It?s pretty much finished aside from some aesthetic work.

[QUOTEIll invite you mikku NOT to post on my thread again.][/QUOTE]

But hey.... that was in the past eh!! Go on with your life mikku don?t live in the past, put your best foot forward and don?t look back to this thread: D

Thank you David for your advice, yes I did just plough away at it myself and not follow all advice to the letter, but if you in particular had not given me your time and advice I couldn?t have done it. Thank you so much.

Ill post more pics and the specs when its complete, which is soon, very soon

Comment

See what I said!

Paulcob has been busy doing his own thing and now he is a member of the WFO maker elite club!

I have always been supportive of amateurs getting their feet wet in trying something new. Just goes to show you cannot judge a book by its cover.

Since you did not use the wisdom and expertise available on "this" forum where you might have gained from the knowledge of builds in the "past". I'd really like to hear how your build performs!

How about "knocking off" the negativity. People might think that the saying "leave a sleeping dog lay" is good advice for me instead of encouraging you to participate again.

Hope you don't come back with some wise crack again--I'm trying to promote fun and harmony during this gala fall season!

Comment

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f14/...tml#post163329
              Old World Stone & Garden

Current WFO build - Dry Stone Base & Gothic Vault

When we build, let us think that we build for ever.
              John Ruskin

Comment

lol elite club!! I did learn a lot from building this oven, and there certainly are things that I will do differently when I build my next one whenever that happens.

Book by its cover.... you must not have read the title probably written ''as gaeilge''. I’m Irish and if I could chase away the bitter frosty mornings with a stick I would, but lucky for me I have a functioning oven that works in all types of weather and its nice and toasty to stand in front of on a still autumn day and to look at the sheep grazing under hues of orange that have begun to creep across the old oak trees in the fields in front of from my house, I reminded why Americans refer to autumn as ''fall''.The aroma of my delicious food attracts the attention of my neighbours little yippy dog. A dog who will always pester me to throw a stick, a stick that he just can’t seem to leave down... here,have some roast beef little dog, leave the stick down, come sit and watch the serenity of the ''fall'' with me ahhhh..... peace.

The oven performs well I THINK, I have not had the opurtunity to compare it with more than 1 other. After 5/6 hours of usage the underside and exterior dome are still cool to touch. I have a small oven thermometer that goes up to 600 degrees fahrenheit, it goes off the scale so it is difficult to know exactly how hot it is. At a guess i would say 800-850. I need to get one of those laser thermometers when i have the money. When the fire dies down and the door is on the oven holds some heat till the next day usually 100-150. I can cook a par baked pizza in less than 2 minutes and while I have not had as much time to experiment with it as i would like, I feel like I have struck a rythem with the fire managment when i use the oven. I enjoy using it and the extra dimension of flavour that it adds.

But yeah, it works!! I wish I had more time to experiment with it, there is lots I want to try.

Hey Whats that you have there?? An Olive branch!! Where did you find one of those in Ireland? ohh ok GO FETCH.

Comment

If that is an olive branch, a sign of truce...a good thing indeed. Some people think that I am hostile, but people who know me ---know that the opposite is true.

My oven is in about the same shape as yours, but the firing time is only about 2 hours and the inside is turned from the sootie surface from initial firing to a light gray. Mine keeps the heat a little longer with the door on. I have to look at ways to improve the efficiency of the insulation. I did not use the expensive blanket stuff--but am considering using it on the outside again to retain more of the heat.

What finish do you have on the outside that you say is o.k. for all weather conditions? Mine is still a render coat with the top of the dome still showing the vericrete.

We have done bread, fish (encapsulated in salt), roasted beef, chicken, lots of pizza and some veggies. All these things require different temperatures and times--but the cooking time is much quicker than any conventional oven time.

I would be really interested in the Par Bake you are talking about for your crusts. When I had a group of people over, the spreading of the dough took the longest--and you had to be concerned about using a pizza pan that was hot! The first gathering--we used pizza pans exclusively. The second gathering was a mix of pizza direct on the brick and some larger pizza (lots of toppings) still assembled on a pan.

I have to watch my pennies just as much as you do! Mine is a hobby that I hope to make into something more. Yours is a business that you have to get going and it takes time and money. both in the same boat.

I'm not a fetch dog that will always bring back your stick, but I would like a nice exchange of ideas in exchange for nothing. That is what I can afford and willing to give. ciao

Comment

Don't know what this is supposed to mean. If you look at the thread about building in Brisbane, I think that I am very polite and supportive. If there was something that I said that was "deleted" then it is a good signal for me to delete some 400 plus posts and call it quits on this forum. Got better things to do with my time.

Seattle--are you referring to me? Please say plainly what you mean!
                    ciao

Comment

Takes 2 hours for mine to heat up aswell mikku, I would like to have the laser thermometer so i could easily take readings at set intervals to see how the oven perfoms. I have not used bases just placed the pizza from the paddle straight onto the oven floor. I'm not really a fan of crusts and i don't leave the edges any thicker or try to leave a passata free perimeter around the edges. I do like the slightly charred bubbling on the pizza from moiture escaping the base. i use 00 flour and i try to keep the bases as thin as i can, it does take a long time to.prepare the dough what with waiting for it to prove and all . my plan is to have a float of maybe 10 par baked bases and keep par baking as i go.

the dome is still unfinished, Its still the vermiculite concrete mix, I'm unsure about what to finnish it with to be honest, but it is protected from the elements for the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by mikku View Post
                        Some people think that I am hostile,
                        You would have to wonder where they got the idea from wouldnt you? [sarcasm]

Originally posted by mikku View Post
                        If there was something that I said that was "deleted" then it is a good signal for me to delete some 400 plus posts and call it quits on this forum.
                        Its was fun while it lasted. Bye.

There has been a few aggressive people come on the forum of late, one has to wonder if its the same person with different user names?
                        Last edited by brickie in oz; 10-11-2013, 02:00 PM.
                        The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Originally posted by brickie in oz View Post
                          You would have to wonder where they got the idea from wouldnt you? [sarcasm]

Its was fun while it lasted. Bye.

There has been a few aggressive people come on the forum of late, one has to wonder if its the same person with different user names?
                          Brickie- you are really the poster child for creating good feeling and harmony on this forum.

If you would delete all the useless, off color, tasteless, attempts at humor from your posts, you would be back in single digits. I don't know why people like you think that once you have a big number count, the forum belongs to you. It does not!

And you with your "SPAM" messages to a ladder guy! What a hypocrite you are! You go along with the "good old boy- ozzie thread" that is promoting a kit from one of your "local masonry suppliers"! Where is the "SPAM" now! Should rename this forum " BRICKIE IN OZ BRAVO", then those who want to hear your BS can subscribe!

I am no way being hostile with these remarks--only honest.

Comment

In leiu of ......
                            " Life is art, live a masterpiece"

Comment

Nice to see nothings changed on here since I last looked.
                              Well done Paul, I'm delighted to see that your oven is in working condition.

Comment

Originally posted by wotavidone View Post
                                Nice to see nothings changed on here since I last looked.
                                I agree that nothing's changed, but can't agree that it's nice to see.
                                Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Working...
                                X