No announcement yet.

Brick oven reconstructed to a steel one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finished curing. The oven took more time than expected to clear. Maybe because I cured with the insulation on so there was moistur in the blancket? Not sure. Haven't run the oven for almost 3 weeks. I will see if it will improve over time. I will fit the thermometer and run the oven. Could eventually start finishing, rebuildimg the red bricks of the enclosure.
    Why is this thus? What is the reason for this thusness?
    I forgot who said that.

Comment

• Regarding the thermometer, I found that extending its probe with a copper tube was ineffeicient even when the tube is insulated; I found 100 degrees drop in temperature at thr end of the tube. I will sadly install the thermometer directly at 3 O'clock without extension instead of close to the door, sacrifying aesthetics for functionality.
      I forgot who said that.

Comment

• Found a simple compromise regarding thermometer probe. Changed the way the extension copper tube penetrates the walls from 3 O'clock passing two steel baldes and exiting at 4:30 O'clock as in pic3 to directly penetrating the walls at 4:30 O'clock and letting its end open into the champer nhope to collect as much heat as possible and delivering it to the thermometer probe as in the first two pics. This ,in addition to putting the thermometer in a cup holder (10 cm offset from the outer walls of the inclosure) so 10 cm of the length will be saved -will contribute to incresed accuracy in getting the real oven temp.
        I forgot who said that.

Comment

• Building the arch. Showing how adapting for the ash vent. The last pic shows the extension copper tube. There will the thermometer be installed inside a would be cup holder. This offset saves 10 cm of the tube length making the thermometer less inaccurate, and contributing to a kinda neat finishing.
          I forgot who said that.

Comment

• Ready to build the arch. The bricks were cut by angle grinder to be a couple of mms far from the steel door to allow for safe expansion. You can see my "state of the art" concave around joiner...
            I forgot who said that.

Comment

• My slow progress..
              I forgot who said that.

Comment

• Some update.. Managed to provide 4 cup holders one of them holds the thermometer inside.
                I forgot who said that.

Comment

• Thermomete-included cup holder continued..
                  I forgot who said that.

Comment

• One more layer
                    I forgot who said that.

Comment

• Layer completed with 4 cup holders
                      I forgot who said that.

Comment

• More layers
                        I forgot who said that.

Comment

• Building the arch.. Bent a metal sheet according to my door and used it as a mold for a gypsum lead to lay the arch on..
                          I forgot who said that.

Comment

• Continuing the arch...
                            I forgot who said that.

Comment

• Hello mates,

I was lucky to come back to my house to find it intact and not destroyed, but sadly my mother passed away after being ill for a while, may her soul rest in peace. Miss you so much mom.

Here is my oven running well, thank you all for your help, couldn't make it come true without the help of you all.

Here is a video for my 2 minutes pizza:

​​https://m.facebook.com/groups/156035...19785954927042
                              I forgot who said that.

Comment

• Ahmad,

Wonderful to have you back. I’d feared for your safety when you suddenly disappeared from the forum. I hope things have settled down in your area. A nice bonus to see your oven working well, well done.

Dave
                                Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Working...
                                X