Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by david s View Post
    Ahmad,

Wonderful to have you back. I’d feared for your safety when you suddenly disappeared from the forum. I hope things have settled down in your area. A nice bonus to see your oven working well, well done.

Dave
    Thank you David for your kind words and your concerns, and thank you for helping out with my build. Great to see you maintaining the same level of activity on the forum, we are lucky to have a professional and helpful member like yourself.
    Why is this thus? What is the reason for this thusness?
    I forgot who said that.

Comment

• Welcome back Ahmad,

Dave has about covered it for the sentiments of us long timers on the forum. Very glad to see you back .
      Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

• Originally posted by Gulf View Post
        Welcome back Ahmad,

Dave has about covered it for the sentiments of us long timers on the forum. Very glad to see you back .
        Thank you Gulf for your always warm welcome and your sentiments, very glad to see you and the other friends again on the forum.
        I forgot who said that.

Comment

• G’day V12
          Seen your post pop up as a reminder on my email.
          Great to see you around again. Took the time to read back through your thread, wow how long ago did you start!
          As always
          Regards Dave
          Measure twice
          Cut once
          Fit in position with largest hammer

My Build
          http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f51/...ild-14444.html
          My Door
          http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f28/...ock-17190.html

Comment

• Originally posted by cobblerdave View Post
            G’day V12
            Seen your post pop up as a reminder on my email.
            Great to see you around again. Took the time to read back through your thread, wow how long ago did you start!
            As always
            Regards Dave
            Dave,

Thank you mate for your care, glad to see you again with the friends on the forum.

Yes, probably the longest time build on the forum, as you know I was improvising trying to get an oven close to the Forno Bravo ovens performance heating up in 30 minutes.. I got fairly 50 or even 45 minutes heating up time with 10 hours retained heat which I am satisfied with, plus I had financial, technical, and security troubles due to the situation in my area. But I owe you and all the friends who were posting on my thread giving advises and teaching me the profession; the build could even be unfinished without the help of you all.

I forgot who said that.

Comment

• Hello mates.

Been a while off pursuing some of my goals in life.

I have just produced a short silent film about life in Syria after the war, and I would like to thank every one who helped me construct my oven being a crucial part of the film.

Special thanks to wotavidone , cobblerdave, and david s for always asking about me in the hard times of the war.

Cheers.

Film on youtube:
              https://youtu.be/bApqtny_pbw

My FB page
              ​​​​​​​https://www.facebook.com/ahmad.zeabi
              I forgot who said that.

Comment

• Very glad to hear you’re safe. I must say I feared the worst after not hearing from you for so long.
                Your film certainly presents a peaceful normality.
                I’d love to hear your report on conditions now.
                Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

• Originally posted by v12spirit View Post
                  Hello mates.

Been a while off pursuing some of my goals in life.

I have just produced a short silent film about life in Syria after the war, and I would like to thank every one who helped me construct my oven being a crucial part of the film.

Special thanks to wotavidone , cobblerdave, and david s for always asking about me in the hard times of the war.

Cheers.

Film on youtube:
                  https://youtu.be/bApqtny_pbw

My FB page
                  ​​​​​​​https://www.facebook.com/ahmad.zeabi
                  Great little movie, thanks for posting. Lovely to see each ingredient of the pizza created by hand.
                  My 42" build: https://community.fornobravo.com/for...ld-new-zealand
                  My oven drawings: My oven drawings - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Comment

• G’day Ahmad
                    great to hear your doing OK. Loved your clip well done
                    regards Dave
                    Measure twice
                    Cut once
                    Fit in position with largest hammer

My Build
                    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f51/...ild-14444.html
                    My Door
                    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f28/...ock-17190.html

Comment

• Originally posted by david s View Post
                      Very glad to hear you’re safe. I must say I feared the worst after not hearing from you for so long.
                      Your film certainly presents a peaceful normality.
                      I’d love to hear your report on conditions now.
                      Thank you David,

While I was filming one of the scenes, a sudden bombarding happened pretty close to the location. Was not expected after two years of being relatively safe. However, an agreement followed that is hoped to make things better.

I would say it is fairly safe now, but life expenses have been insanely increasing during the last two years that people have started to migrate again. And that is how the idea of my film came to my mind.

Edit: The war is officially over a couple of years ago. But after that, the value of currency decreased to to the seventh after even being derease to the tenth compared to 2010.
                      I forgot who said that.

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkJerling View Post

Great little movie, thanks for posting. Lovely to see each ingredient of the pizza created by hand.
                        Glad you like it.
                        I forgot who said that.

Comment

• Originally posted by cobblerdave View Post
                          G’day Ahmad
                          great to hear your doing OK. Loved your clip well done
                          regards Dave
                          Thank you dave. Always glad to hear from you, and glad you loved the clip.
                          I forgot who said that.

Comment

• Welcome back Ahmad,

I'm very glad to see that you are safe. The video is a masterpiece. The movie is much deeper than first glance and leaves many questions that I don't feel worthy to ask. The real meaning of : (The title : "The Lost Treasures"? The scenes at the end of the film? Your statement: "Been a while off pursuing some of my goals in life") I can think of a dozen questions to ask.

The one question that I do feel comfortable about asking is, did you have to leave the farm and the oven behind?

Again, very glad to see you back on the forum and that you are safe.

Joe

Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

• Well said Joe! I watched the video today with my Wife and Son and we were all moved by it. A great reminder to many of us of how fortunate we are.
                              Thank you Ahmad!
                              My build thread
                              https://community.fornobravo.com/for...h-corner-build

Comment

• Originally posted by Gulf View Post
                                Welcome back Ahmad,

I'm very glad to see that you are safe. The video is a masterpiece. The movie is much deeper than first glance and leaves many questions that I don't feel worthy to ask. The real meaning of : (The title : "The Lost Treasures"? The scenes at the end of the film? Your statement: "Been a while off pursuing some of my goals in life") I can think of a dozen questions to ask.

The one question that I do feel comfortable about asking is, did you have to leave the farm and the oven behind?

Again, very glad to see you back on the forum and that you are safe.

Joe

Hello Joe,

Very glad to hear from you and appreciate your care and how you think about the film.

I would say that I've got a button tagged AMA like that on the forum. No worries about that.

Well guessed brother, it is deeper as you can read from the description on youtube. You may have wanted to ask:

The title?
                                The Lost Treasure is those loyal people who despite being hurt in their homeland continued to do their best to keep it running -portrayed by the peasant in the film.

Did I lose my leg?
                                No actually. Thank God. I borrowed the artificial leg from a specialized shop, and tuned the camera (my smart phone's one) at a certain angle to make it look mine. I repeated this scene many times to make it look real wearing the pants by only one leg and drawing the other leg far from the camera.

My goals?
                                Have just finished a Master's Degree in translarion where I am a teacher now, got a Diploma in Media, and two patented inventions.

Did I have to leave the town and the oven?
                                It was customary to be exposed to such situations for a week or so every now and then. One is only lucky to come back after the bombarding to find their house safe and sound. My house was so lucky to survive a fighter's missile just 20 meters far. Only the the eastern fence was damaged.
                                I may, however, leave Syria to pursue the rest of my goals outside..

I'm always glad to share things with the forum as it feels like a family to me. I have linked my FB page in the youtube description and in my first post here and I invite you to read my translated poems there..

BTW Joe, I have always wanted to say that I was more comfortable with the old organization of the web page. I think that this upgraded one should be upgraded to the old user-friendly one. Don't you think?

Ahmad aka V12spirit
                                I forgot who said that.

Comment

Working...
                                X