Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Mississippi 44"

Originally posted by Breadjunkie View Post
    The laser level is a great idea. I forgot I had on of these little Sears magnetic base ones. It would have been good for checking each course as it went up.

Joe
    Just more stuff to make you worry that things arent level......
    The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

A trusty 4 ft spirit level has been enough to keep things straight and level up to now around my projects so I reckon I will stick with that and it doesn't need batteries either.
      Cheers ......... Steve

Build Thread http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f3/n...erg-19151.html

Build Pics http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...1&l=1626b3f4f4

Forno Food Pics https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=1d5ce2a275

Comment

Well....,like I said way up at the top of the post .
        The type laser level that I used works great. But, it is not worth buying one just for one project.
        I am old school too. I have a well used spirt level. Though, I did not find much use for it, while building the actual dome .

Some parting advice: If you already have the right type of laser level, it is a great hands free way of working the courses into each side of the arch. But, if you do decide to use it, and it works great for you: Don't post your results
        Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Originally posted by Gulf View Post
          Well....,like I said way up at the top of the post .

I am old school too. I have a well used spirt level. Though, I did not find much use for it, while building the actual dome .

Some parting advice: If you already have the right type of laser level, it is a great hands free way of working the courses into each side of the arch. But, if you do decide to use it, and it works great for you: Don't post your results
          Gudday
          I though the rules of the game said
          "Who has the most tools wins"
          Gulf, you win
          They are just sore losers
          Regards dave
          Measure twice
          Cut once
          Fit in position with largest hammer

My Build
          http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f51/...ild-14444.html
          My Door
          http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f28/...ock-17190.html

Comment

Originally posted by cobblerdave View Post
            .......They are just sore losers
            Regards dave
            Maybe so, but if I posted pictures of my tool hoard, I would crash the site and my cpu would explode....just sayin.
            Old World Stone & Garden

Current WFO build - Dry Stone Base & Gothic Vault

When we build, let us think that we build for ever.
            John Ruskin

Comment

Originally posted by stonecutter View Post
              Maybe so, but if I posted pictures of my tool hoard, I would crash the site and my cpu would explode....just sayin.
              You Win!!
              Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

You Win!!
                I don't know about that.

Side point....I am going to try and cast some counter-tops with the next couple weeks using a new technique.
                Old World Stone & Garden

Current WFO build - Dry Stone Base & Gothic Vault

When we build, let us think that we build for ever.
                John Ruskin

Comment

Originally posted by stonecutter View Post
                  I don't know about that.

Side point....I am going to try and cast some counter-tops with the next couple weeks using a new technique.
                  Cool I be watching with great interest.
                  Respectfully,

KB

My build
                  Oven Pics (album under construction)

Comment

This morning, I started on the "birds" for Thankgiving. Not turkey but, a couple of large baking hens. I am trying something new, at least new for me. I've never really tried dry brining before, but it sounds interesting. When I did a search for it, I saw that it brought out a lot of discussion. I found enough positive comments on dry brining that I am going to give it a shot. This report from the LA Times is probably what swayed me. This is their recipe that goes along with the video

Again, I'm not doing turkey but, the recipe they are using was adapted from one for a dry brined roast chicken by Cafe Zuni. My two birds have been salted and sealed in freezer bags and have been placed in the fridge. I did add a little brown sugar, ground peppercorn, ground sea salt and a little Citrus Grill seasoning to the kosher salt. Not pictured, is some smoked black pepper that I added.

This dry rub "concoction" may turn out to be a bust! I'll find out Thursday . In case it does,......... maybe........... the ham will turn out OK .
                    Last edited by Gulf; 11-25-2013, 11:38 AM.

Comment

ooh. I have had that roast chicken at Cafe Zuni. It's fantastic. I forgot that they did those in their WFO
                      My build progress
                      My WFO Journal on Facebook
                      My dome spreadsheet calculator

Comment

We often roast chickens in our little oven, often two at a time. My son in law won't let us cook chicken any other way. They are so moist in the WFO.
                        Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Joe,

Going to be watching ya closely. With the only the two of us home, turkeys are just too big for us to cook but chickens are just right so interest to see how a dry brine works.
                          Russell
                          Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

Gudday Gulf
                            Another watching with interest . Brining I'm not a big fan of and offer reading the article I realize why , it is a little to moist and the texture does change.
                            Regards dave
                            Measure twice
                            Cut once
                            Fit in position with largest hammer

My Build
                            http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f51/...ild-14444.html
                            My Door
                            http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f28/...ock-17190.html

Comment

Originally posted by cobblerdave View Post
                              Gudday Gulf
                              Another watching with interest . Brining I'm not a big fan of and offer reading the article I realize why , it is a little to moist and the texture does change.
                              Regards dave
                              Dave,
                              You probably would have "loved" some of the baked turkeys that I have "endured" over the years .

Comment

Dave,
                                You probably would have "loved" some of the baked turkeys that I have "endured" over the years .
                                So dry that your face sucked in were they?
                                The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Working...
                                X