X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dvm
    replied
    Re: Texman Build

Well done! Your perseverance has paid off.

Leave a comment:

• texman
    replied

Thanks Tom.

I used the "work triangle" in the plan. i am still considering adding a small butcher block island. I is 84" across, so if i leave 36" of space on either side, i only have room for a 12" island, but i think i could cheat to a 16" island and have 34" of walkway. I need to get some "real" peels and pizza tools working in there. I have not even cooked a pizza yet. Been too busy and very new to dough making. So much to learn, but really looking forward to that part.

Tracy

Leave a comment:

• Tscarborough
    replied

It looks very nice and even better it appears to have a good workflow layout.

Leave a comment:

• texman
    replied

yes the last pic with the blue tape is before pic taken 03/17/2010. My how time flies... 3 years later.

I need to catch up on your and Russells build and many others. It is tax time for me, so the real job has kept me covered up. Should be slowing down a little after April 15th.

I hear you on the cleaning. i have vacuumed, scrubbed, wiped, polished, etc. and it still keeps coming off. Maybe some advice to share there, keep it covered as you build, this stuff doesn't come off sometimes. I am looking forward to plugging back in to the forum and seeing the new builds. Who knows, i may have learned something worth sharing. (no hammers!)

Tracy

PS I am ready for the FB party anytime you guys are rolling down I-40 through amarillo give me a shout.
    Last edited by texman; 03-26-2013, 11:28 AM. Reason: add answer

Leave a comment:

• deejayoh
    replied

That looks great Tracy! I appreciate the props for input, but when is the party for all your FB friends?

I'm getting close to finishing mine. Got all the decorative brickwork done last week. Only things left on the tick list are final installation of the oven landing, finishing the trim work on the oven house, stucco, and paint. Oh, and then a whole lot of power washing of the patio...

Is the last picture of that post the "Before" shot?

Leave a comment:

• UtahBeehiver
    replied

Hey Tex,

Nice final product. Been a good ride.

Leave a comment:

• texman
    replied

Some more pics of the final kitchen(i hope) The only thing left to do is doors for oven.
    Lots of work actually. Found the travertine on sale for $2.04/ft. for the floor.
    Fixed my frig alignment by removing part of support post underneath cabinets, had to modify the wood cradle to fit after the floor install. Laying floor in wood storage(mucho fun). Mounted the triple drawers and single drawer under the dishwasher. Sealed and waterproofed the floor. Clean, clean, wipe, sweep. Spray painted the plug and switchcovers and made a door template.

Time to cook and enjoy this kitchen! I think it turned out really well and this has been the best and most trying project ever. Thanks for all the help out there, could not have done this without the forum.

Tracy

Leave a comment:

• UtahBeehiver
    replied

Way to go Tracy, your outdoor WFO cooking area turned out quite well. I learned many things from you as well. Plus you are done, I still am working on my finishing touches.

Leave a comment:

• texman
    replied

Wow!

I am honored, truly. Thanks for all the kind words as well. I couldn't have done this without this forum and you guys help as recorded in this thread. Gulf, DJ, Tscar, Amac, Gianni, Russell, Chip and Lburou just to name a few. You guys really made this a much better oven/kitchen than i would have ever had on my own. Thank You! This has been such a great project that i am proud of, even more so now to be on "the list." Not sure i am "worthy" of the accolades since all i did was try and follow your guys lead. Thanks to my wife for the patience to endure many aching backs and lots of grouchiness. And, what birthday a present!
    i hope to pay it back to the forum as i can. Thanks Lburou for your help and for the nod. Means a lot and i can still remember post #71, so this is really cool for me.

Tracy
    Last edited by texman; 01-29-2013, 08:30 AM. Reason: spell

Leave a comment:

• Amac
    replied

Hi everyone
    I agree 100% with you Gulf - I am honoured to be mentioned in the same breath as you guys - I like Tracys work. It will repay study by the new builders.
    Congratulations Tracy - well done - great work and a great finish - and well done Lburou for adding it.
    Aidan

Leave a comment:

• mrchipster
    replied

Originally posted by texman View Post
    great info guys!
    I like the idea of the wood veneer on the insulated door too. Should help somewhat with heat retention and will look good too. Thanks for the tip.
    Because my bolts for the handles go all the way through the door to the interior of the oven they are getting real hot where they contact the outer wood veneer. I am getting some charing of the wood, If it ever goes up in smoke I will be isolating the handle and attaching it only to the outer skin so the heat does not transfer via the thru bolt.

At this point I am not worried as it would be real easy to replace the veneer. But thermal isolation is a consideration.

Chip

Leave a comment:

• Gulf
    replied

New addition to Lburou's

Thank you Lburou,
    I really had hoped for this addition ! Very few diserve this more than Tracy. A great build, from a guy who will not settle for just anything. If it was not to his satisfaction, he was willing to start over until it was right.
    Aidan, Tu, and Russell, will you join me in congratulating another standout in the Class of 2012 .
    We learned so much from the pioneers of this forum. There is no telling what the class of 2013+ will do.
    Last edited by Gulf; 01-29-2013, 02:56 AM. Reason: forgot to add link

Leave a comment:

• deejayoh
    replied

Very nice. Looking forward to seeing that door!

Leave a comment:

• texman
    replied

I built a wood storage dolly this weekend. Actually had all the stuff laying around except the handle. Made the storage out of 3/4" plywood and added four casters. Made the front out of cedar and stained and varnished to match cabinets.

I had a template cut that i have been trying to use to get my oven door built. But, the Dog ate my homework. Template gone. Some day i will have an oven door.

Wood for the pergola is stained and ready to set. Letting it get dry. Weather is finally giving a break, should be 60-70s all week.

Tracy

Leave a comment:

• texman
    replied

Laurentius
    You got a great deal! I just thought I would share my short stainless story in case others were considering that material for a door. My area is covered anyway, so rust won't be a problem.
    Tracy

Leave a comment:

Working...
X