My 40" Inch pizza oven in Florida

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: My 40" Inch pizza oven in Florida

Completely awesome....I was able to get a door made. Thanks to a skillful Brother in Law. Used 1 inch fiber blanket as insulation. It works really good. However it is heavy.

Next I will build a lighter version and use Fiber Board as the insulation.

Currently I can hold a 500 degree temp on day 2 and can cook for basically 3-4 days.
    Slow cooking at 220 range works fantastic.
    One of my challenges is that I am so used to high heat now, I think 350 is low....You get to the point where the temp that most people cook in their home ovens does not seem hot enough. Then when you slow cook at 240 and see how the meat looks after 5-6 hours, it is truly a wow moment.

Enjoy that and enjoy your pool. That is my next project!!
    D
    Darin I often cook with wine, sometimes I even add it to the food... WC Fields Link to my build http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/4...-ca-20497.html My Picasa Pics https://picasaweb.google.com/1121076...eat=directlink

Comment

Thanks Darin for the kind words. My insulated door still eludes, although I'm still holding good temps with the cement board and aluminum foil. I have been concentrating on cooking and enjoying the moment. After finishing the decorative door my motivation is low. .............Thanks again all.
      Respectfully,

KB

My build
      Oven Pics (album under construction)

Comment

Oh That door. Hey KB made one the other day, temporary only, using hebel 50mm.... Some stainless and some ply I had laying around some cheap handles. Got sick of my 12 piece jig saw puzzle that was initially one piece of calsil and one piece of Hebel and a couple other pieces. Took a couple of hours only.

Test it Friday.
        Needed something that was easy to take out and put back that was going to cut it for Xmas.
        Last edited by oasiscdm; 12-17-2014, 03:00 AM.
        Cheers Colin

My Build - Index to Major Build Stages

Comment

Nice door Colin.......... I'm jealous I have some time off work maybe I'll have a chance to get one done soon. My temporary is falling apart too.
          Respectfully,

KB

My build

Comment

Not sure how long it will last but as long as it ges me through Xmas am fine with that.
            Cheers Colin

Comment

I finally added some photos to my Google Oven album.......Still under construction, I think the link works, let me know what you all think.

I have many more photos and comments to add. I really like the other builders whom have easily scrolled thru albums. I'm pictorially when it comes to learning. I hope these albums continues to help others have success.

Thanks again to the many builders that have help others and myself, we are forever grateful.
              Last edited by kbartman; 04-08-2015, 10:15 AM.
              Respectfully,

KB

My build

Comment

Your oven is a great piece of architecture! The night photo really look stunning! Well Done!

Comment

That's a great job and you have spared no attention to detail. You must be proud of your achievement.

Congratulations on what must be one of the better builds we have seen on the forum.
                  Cheers ......... Steve

Build Thread http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f3/n...erg-19151.html

Build Pics http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...1&l=1626b3f4f4

Forno Food Pics https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=1d5ce2a275

Comment

Originally posted by Volongo View Post
                    Your oven is a great piece of architecture! The night photo really look stunning! Well Done!

Originally posted by Greenman View Post
                    That's a great job and you have spared no attention to detail. You must be proud of your achievement.

Congratulations on what must be one of the better builds we have seen on the forum.
                    Thanks guys for the compliments. It has been a while since I have had any time to post or catch up on all the new build. Every new build is a inspiration to all. The outage season at work is coming to a close. I look forward to catching up.
                    Respectfully,

KB

My build

Comment

• Hi Kbartman has been a while merry Xmas and happy new year.

Just another build where the thumbnails are so important and missing.
                      Cheers Colin

Comment

• Hi Colin,

It's been a while since I been to the forum. Hope you had a good Christmas and a great start to the new year.

Glad to see that thumbnails are now working. I was a bit frustrated myself. We all put a lot of hard work in documenting our builds glad things are working better!

Hope to get some good breads made this week. I was looking for some good sourdough bread recipes and decided to check the forum, Glad I checked it out :-)
                        Last edited by kbartman; 03-26-2016, 09:30 AM.
                        Respectfully,

KB

My build

Comment

• G'day KB
                          Did you ever get that insulated door finished? Or are you still using the cement sheet and foil one?
                          Regards Dave
                          Measure twice
                          Cut once
                          Fit in position with largest hammer

My Build
                          http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f51/...ild-14444.html
                          My Door
                          http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f28/...ock-17190.html

Comment

• Originally posted by cobblerdave View Post
                            G'day KB
                            Did you ever get that insulated door finished? Or are you still using the cement sheet and foil one?
                            Regards Dave
                            That's funny you nailed it, still use the cement board and aluminum foil. Seems to hold heat fairly well and ever since I made the decorative weather door for the vent area, making a pretty insulated door and covering it seems counter productive......Still wondering how much improvement on heat retention I would get. I fired the oven Thursday night and it was over 500 degrees this morning.
                            Last edited by kbartman; 03-26-2016, 05:18 PM.
                            Respectfully,

KB

My build

Comment

• Hi kb I don't know how well insulated your oven is but with my door if I put it on when the oven is fully saturated it will be as high as 700F. If I do not pull the door it will take over 10 days to cool to under 100F and this is with sub freezing temps outside.

Randy

Comment

• Originally posted by RandyJ View Post
                                Hi kb I don't know how well insulated your oven is but with my door if I put it on when the oven is fully saturated it will be as high as 700F. If I do not pull the door it will take over 10 days to cool to under 100F and this is with sub freezing temps outside.

Randy
                                I insulated fairly well, I'm sure I would gain a little heat retention with a insulated door. My reveal is fairly large and I'm thinking that a plug insert into oven opening may not be the best option for heat retention. So I'm considering a fully insulated door sealing against the oven reveal with no flange. I'm thinking that would give me the best heat retention. Just need to find the motivation.
                                Respectfully,

KB

My build

Comment

Working...
                                X